Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1007600 times)

Offline Saishi

Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1150 on: August 18, 2009, 12:03:54 PM »
When I tack down the linings, they do everything in their power to not only pull them up, but then wad them up in a corner. lol. They still put holes in the liners to crawl between the layers, but they'll leave them in place if I don't tie down the corners.  ::) Silly things.
I'll have to try that with the next cage cleaning.  I love the Walmart towels because they're inexpensive, but they still only last about a week total because they wind up looking like crud.  lol
My babies...

Rattie boys:  Shunsui, Byakuya, Jushiro, Gin, Aizen.

Rattie Girls:  Rosemary, Thyme, Retsu, Isane, Lisa, Rangiku, Nemu.

And the others:  Lily (Dog), Watari (Cat), Hichigo (Ferret) and Elune (The crazy betta fish).

Offline Rat_attack! On Twitter

« Reply #1151 on: August 19, 2009, 01:06:02 PM »
:(  No critter nation yet !! 

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1152 on: August 20, 2009, 01:09:03 PM »
This is a bit delayed, but I Love the fabric in the boys half, Saishi!

Here is the most recent layout at my house, as always, Hammocks are Courtesy of Violet, because my sewing skills are definitely sub-par. I do not have a flash on my phone camera, so it always looks darker than it really is in their cage, esp on the bottom....

Drustan playing Lookout....

and Sebastian having a snack.... :)
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1153 on: August 20, 2009, 05:05:41 PM »
So, I have been really sick of having the two CNs and then the single level scattered all over my house since I moved here (the new apartment is much smaller than the old one) and my single level doesn't really fit in my room where I had it.  So... I made a triple level cage instead!  It doesn't open up to the bottom half, but since they are two separate groups, it doesn't need to.

Here is a quick pic (ignore the mess)

I thought I would share it for anyone else who has a single and double level or just for fun!
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Rattyone

« Reply #1154 on: August 20, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »
Coliekumar that looks great, I actually e-mailed Midwest today and asked if they are going to have a third level add on for the CN like the FN and they replied that it is in the works.  They advised they did not have any specifics as it is in the design stage. To me it just seems like all they would have to do is add a middle floor that comes with the CN162 that has the ramp to a single level CN.  Then it could be sold as a package that could either be a single level CN or a third level add on for the CN 162.  Easy you would think. :thumbsup2:

Offline Saishi

« Reply #1155 on: August 20, 2009, 09:51:53 PM »
That looks great!  My only problem is that I'm already so short that I need a stepstool to clean the top cage.  :yelcutelaugh:
My babies...

And the others:  Lily (Dog), Watari (Cat), Hichigo (Ferret) and Elune (The crazy betta fish).

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1156 on: August 20, 2009, 10:24:44 PM »
Coliekumar that looks great, I actually e-mailed Midwest today and asked if they are going to have a third level add on for the CN like the FN and they replied that it is in the works.  They advised they did not have any specifics as it is in the design stage. To me it just seems like all they would have to do is add a middle floor that comes with the CN162 that has the ramp to a single level CN.  Then it could be sold as a package that could either be a single level CN or a third level add on for the CN 162.  Easy you would think. :thumbsup2:

I actually e-mailed them the same thing about it today!  I think they really should do it, the parts all fit together so easy, there is no reason why they couldn't.  :)
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline chipsbgz

« Reply #1157 on: August 21, 2009, 12:10:51 AM »
Hey everyone, I just got my CN a couple days ago, and I've been making CN "outfits" like crazy. As soon as I have a complete one, I'll post pics. I was kinda curious about something, however.

After I built the CN and put some temporary floor/shelf coverings and random hammocks in, I decided to go ahead and try a litterbox again (my 2 girls just never caught on with their previous cage), and I tried a new litter (to them) while I was at it, SoftSorbent. Then, I had to leave for rugby practice as soon as they were all set up and exploring their new home, and when I got home about 5 hours later and checked on them, all their poops were in the litterbox! And, *knock on wood* they're still using the litterbox!  :party:

I'm so proud of them! I did nothing more than buy a CN and put a litterbox with SoftSorbent in it, and all of sudden, they're litterbox trained now. Has anyone else had that experience?

Pics to follow...

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:51:53 PM by smesyna »

Offline della luna

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1159 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:21 PM »
I love seeing everyone's CNs!  Keep 'em coming  ;D
It's a full house!! 3 horses: Pixie, Tucker, and Bailey; 4 cats: Adam, Cassie, LuAnne, and Chester; 4 dogs: Friskie, Beau, Jemma, and Ruby; 3 rats: Pickle, Pepper, and Pretzel; 2 mice: Kirby and Lionel; 1 duck: Quackers; 1 hamster: Pancake

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1160 on: August 24, 2009, 06:17:50 PM »
smesyna, your cage looks great. don't get yourself down over the fantastic cages some people have, I myself find at least one thing to be jealous of in almost every single cage that gets posted. I like the hay nest especially in yours, I have thought about getting one for my kids, but I don't think it would last more than an hour at my house.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1161 on: August 24, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »
Thank you.  I plan on trying to get more creative, but entertainment is more important to the ratties than color coordination lol.  Although most of the cages I saw seem to have both down.  About the hay nest, I dunno if it's because mine are so young or what, but they're not really chewers (not that I'm complaining!).  One of them really loves it.  She barely ever sleeps in the igloos.

I noticed a few cages with boxes that the ladders end in.  What's that for?  Is there something in it that makes it a toy of some sort that I can't see in there?

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1162 on: August 24, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »
I noticed a few cages with boxes that the ladders end in.  What's that for?  Is there something in it that makes it a toy of some sort that I can't see in there?

They are litter boxes.  I think the ladder just helps hold them in place.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1163 on: August 24, 2009, 07:00:06 PM »
Ohhh.   :doh:  Thanks Andie3131.

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1164 on: August 24, 2009, 07:00:16 PM »
yeah, I put mine at the bottom of the ladders cause that happens to be where mine like to poop. lol

Offline Kari Safari

« Reply #1165 on: August 25, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »
What kind of boxes do you use for litterboxes? Tupperware containers, maybe?

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1166 on: August 25, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »
I use small kitty litter pans from Walmart ($2) and corner litterpans from petco.   I've also used a plastic shoebox container but the loved to tip that one over lol.

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1167 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:51 AM »
I used to use the hicorner pans for ferrets, but I have Waaaay luck using the $2 kitty litter pans from walmart. much less thrown out of the boxes.

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1168 on: August 26, 2009, 10:58:27 AM »
I also use those litter pans for Ferrets, I like that they have those little notches on the side that you can attach it to the cage with. But I do want to try those little litter boxes, too. They've started eating the corner box I currently have, so I may try something else in the next few weeks.

Everyone's cages look amazing! I'm going to start posting soon, too. I need to start making some more liners & hammies. Lord knows I have enough fabric to make like 25 sets!

I'm jealous of all of you who can use the binder clip and/or pillow case methods! My little devil rat (the one who I still can't seem to handle without her flipping out) sees those corners uncovered and attacks them, ripping up the fabric as rapidly as possible. Sigh.  :doh:
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 11:00:06 AM by neelia »

Offline Saishi

« Reply #1169 on: August 26, 2009, 12:13:04 PM »
Project Rat Mat is underway!  After seeing the 'blankets' in EepOwned's cage, I went ahead and made some for my crew.  We'll see how they hold up!  I'm still using a towel for the shelf liner, because I didn't have time to make them.  I will, however, be making a set, because they seem to leave the shelf liners alone, for the most part.  The bottom mat was made with a bottom layer of fleece, and striped cotton fabric.  The hammocks are the same fabric, but lined with flannel from my mom's 'Rat Present' bag of flannel that she bought me.

Boy's cage, sans rats:

Added rats:

From left to right:  Shunsui (THERE BE GIRLS DOWN THERE!), Jushiro (In the back, checking out the litter box), Gin (checking out Jushiro), Byakuya (Wondering if he can make the leap to the floor from there...), and Aizen (Two seconds before I had to drop the camera and pick him off the roof).

Girls' cage:

Retsu's up front and I KNOW there are six others in that cage, but heck if I can find them all in the pic.  And holy WOW that wheel is dirty...  I didn't realise it til I saw it in the flash!   :eek:  *Goes to wash it*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 06:23:16 PM by Saishi »
My babies...

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1170 on: August 27, 2009, 03:20:39 PM »
Hey guys! I haven't posted in a while because school started and I haven't had new stuff for the cage in a while, but a few days ago we stopped at the thrift store and I found some fleece blankets! We also got little storage bins from the dollar tree that work as litter boxes or (when washed!) igloos. You can hang them too. 
Sorry for the crappy webcam pics, I can't figure out how to upload pics from the fancy camera :P
Top:

Bottom (you can see the cool liners the robot blanket made!)

And the storage bin from the dollar tree. You can use these for all kinds of stuff.

I'm asking for rat stuff for my birthday :P
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1171 on: August 27, 2009, 04:19:19 PM »
Hey! I thought about buying those same storage bin things for my ratties. I like that there's kind of like an entrance on each side. I just need to try to affix  them to the cage or else they'll throw them all about the cage.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1172 on: August 27, 2009, 04:25:27 PM »
The plastic is too thick so you can't punch holes in it, so I don't know how you'd be able to attach it to the bars... ???
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1173 on: August 27, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
I see little holes in the raised parts, I think those are the same sized holes in the little bins I used to have (similar, just the standard one with only one "opening"). I think I just kind of forced the rings through those holes and they ended up stretching. I guess I'll just bring some rings to the store & see if it might be possible. :)

Offline Saishi

« Reply #1174 on: August 27, 2009, 08:15:39 PM »
A power drill works great on thick plastic too.  :)

Penny, your cage looks great!
My babies...