Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 995052 times)

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1175 on: August 28, 2009, 03:52:55 PM »
Oo Saishi, sorry I didn't comment but the "quilts" are looking great! How are they working with your crew so far?

And Penny, I was scrolling down when my boyfriend came in and goes, "Wait, Penny's got a CN? Doesn't she just have two rats?" "Yep!" "Holy cow those are two spoiled rats!" :D

Offline Saishi

« Reply #1176 on: August 28, 2009, 07:54:30 PM »
Thanks, Eep!  They're doing well so far.  They get moved around and bunched up, but NOT CHEWED.  And I don't mind reaching in and rearranging them. :D
My babies...

Rattie boys:  Shunsui, Byakuya, Jushiro, Gin, Aizen.

Rattie Girls:  Rosemary, Thyme, Retsu, Isane, Lisa, Rangiku, Nemu.

And the others:  Lily (Dog), Watari (Cat), Hichigo (Ferret) and Elune (The crazy betta fish).

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1177 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:36 PM »
Oo Saishi, sorry I didn't comment but the "quilts" are looking great! How are they working with your crew so far?

And Penny, I was scrolling down when my boyfriend came in and goes, "Wait, Penny's got a CN? Doesn't she just have two rats?" "Yep!" "Holy cow those are two spoiled rats!" :D

LOL! Yes, yes they are! That's generally the reaction I get when my people see the CN xD
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline HopLikePopcorn

« Reply #1178 on: August 29, 2009, 05:00:32 PM »

LOL! Yes, yes they are! That's generally the reaction I get when my people see the CN xD

Hey now, there's nothing better than spoiling two members of one of the most unjustly persecuted species on the planet, am I right?  ;)

BTW, this is my first post here. Hello everyone! I am in the process of moving and waiting to order my CN and get 2-4 boys for the first time since my last group died two years ago. I'm sure I'll be around this forum a lot once I have rats to post about! :wave2:

Anyway, hypothetical question for those of you (Penny I'm looking at you!) who don't have many rats but own the two-level CN: if I got 2-4 rats and a 162, would they actually use all that space or would they probably just stick to one level where they feel most comfortable? I want to get a 162 to give them more space to roam (and more room for me to decorate, obviously) but not if they won't actually use the extra space.

Thanks in advance for answers!
Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1179 on: August 29, 2009, 06:13:02 PM »
I have two rats and a double CN.  When I got them they were used to itty bitty living quarters, so they were initially more comfortable on just one level.  One week later though...oh boy they started to love it!  They run up and down those ladders like crazy now.  So, even if they are "stuck" in the bottom level for a little while, they will definately appreciate it later.  They are just too darn curious to stay in the bottom forever lol.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 07:15:45 AM by smesyna »

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1180 on: August 29, 2009, 07:19:08 PM »
I ordered my CN on Thursday, a day later than I intended because I wanted it to be delivered appropriately to my new apartment and not my old, and my credit card hasn't even been charged yet, so I'm a little unhappy.  However, I'm hoping for one of those "I ordered it monday and got it thursday" kindof deals, so I can have a few more days to settle into my new apartment before making the boys settle into their new apartment.  Then I'm getting two girls yaaay!  It'll also give me some time to make liners and all that good stuff.

Now, however, I must get back to the backbreaking task of moving.  feck moving; I hate moving.

Offline HopLikePopcorn

« Reply #1181 on: August 29, 2009, 07:49:12 PM »
I have two rats and a double CN.  When I got them they were used to itty bitty living quarters, so they were initially more comfortable on just one level.  One week later though...oh boy they love it!  They run up and down those ladders like crazy.  So, even if they are "stuck" in the bottom level for a little while, they will definately appreciate it later.  They are just too darn curious to stay in the bottom forever lol.

This is what I hoped to hear, thanks! Just one more reason to convince the girlfriend we need to spend extra dollars on a rat cage lol.
Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline Rat_attack! On Twitter

« Reply #1182 on: August 29, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »
I just got my  Double CN yesterday!!  ..And I only have three rats... the two babys LOVE it they run around like crazy.. make noise all night and all that fun stuff, but my older girl seems to stay in one spot and wants to come out with me all the time..shes used to her smaller cage i guess ..I'm hoping she gets used to it and loves it just as much!.But I'm sure your rats will love it and explore lots! :)

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1183 on: August 29, 2009, 09:48:28 PM »
Quote from: pennytherat
Hey guys! I haven't posted in a while because school started and I haven't had new stuff for the cage in a while, but a few days ago we stopped at the thrift store and I found some fleece blankets! We also got little storage bins from the dollar tree that work as litter boxes or (when washed!) igloos. You can hang them too. 
Sorry for the crappy webcam pics, I can't figure out how to upload pics from the fancy camera

Grace! I have those same bins except one side is open (sort of like a paper tray). I either hang them right-side-up for a cool bed, or flip them over to make a cool rattie fort. My girls love it!

Anyway, hypothetical question for those of you (Penny I'm looking at you!) who don't have many rats but own the two-level CN: if I got 2-4 rats and a 162, would they actually use all that space or would they probably just stick to one level where they feel most comfortable? I want to get a 162 to give them more space to roam (and more room for me to decorate, obviously) but not if they won't actually use the extra space.

Thanks in advance for answers!

We had four rats when we bought the 162, and they sporadically used both halves, but honestly, they mostly all stayed together, in one portion of the cage.

Now since Fiona and Bianca have passed on, my other two girls don't leave the top.  We've just resorted to hitching up the ladder to form two seperate cages, since they don't use the bottom portion.  I imagine the more rats there are, the more likely they are to use the whole cage. 
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:56:47 PM by coeurfragile »
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1184 on: August 30, 2009, 01:07:15 AM »
Synelovator, you're getting girlies? Since when? Yay ^___^ Have fun with their I-have-a-diet-of-coffee-and-poptarts attitude o_o

And my rats use all the space :)

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1185 on: August 30, 2009, 01:17:55 AM »
Hello my Rat loving friends! It's been a little while since I posted my cage, so here's a pic of the whole
layout.

And one of a cute Ratty Pile I found.  :rattysmiley:
Left to Right is Templeton, FuzzyPants (the half naked one!) and Termite.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1186 on: August 30, 2009, 07:27:37 AM »
Porkchopandtwinkie, I love the fabric!!  Also, the cup/bed thing with the stars is just too cute!  Screw ratnapping, I wanna cagenap all these wonderful cages that are way nicer than mine lol.  Seriously though, the ratty pile pic is freakin adorable.  I'll just have to take the cage and the rats   :cheeky:

Hoplikepopcorn, as to the earlier convo about getting a double CN for just two rats, I plugged the dimensions into this site that gives a "perspective" on cage sizes, comparing them to Americans, Prisons, Eastern Europeans, and Asians relative standards of floor space per person (obviously taking into account people's size and activity level and other relevant variables.)  As a joke, they also let you compare your rats cage to Martha Stewarts house.  Well, my critter nation double with just two rats (and babies at that) is comparable to Martha Stewarts standards of living!!  Wow. So if you decide to get it for your two hoplikepopcorn, you'll be seriously spoling your babies!  What's more fun that that :) lol  http://www.rmca.org/Articles/cagesize.htm

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1187 on: August 30, 2009, 10:20:44 AM »
I got my double CN the Friday before. My 3 boys are just really starting to run around in it. I can only use the top half right now until I
get a tall x pen. My cocker spaniel is trying to bite their tails off, so they can't use the bottom half until I get a tall x pen. I have a tall
x pen around the guinea pigs, but he isn't bothering them as much because he has the rats now.

What's weird. He doesn't bother the rabbits. I guess because they were there before him. Sorry if I rambled too much I tend to do that.

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #1188 on: August 30, 2009, 01:34:17 PM »
Hello my Rat loving friends! It's been a little while since I posted my cage, so here's a pic of the whole
layout.

And one of a cute Ratty Pile I found.  :rattysmiley:
Left to Right is Templeton, FuzzyPants (the half naked one!) and Termite.

Where did you get that skull fabric (the liners)?! That is too awsome for words, and I gotta get some of it for my cage!
BTW, is that the cuddle bed I made? If so, you have some very well behaved rats. Mine usually degut anything with stuffing :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1189 on: August 30, 2009, 03:33:41 PM »
Eeep! Porckchopandtwinkie, your rats are too cute! My sister watched me go AWWWW over your half-hairless boys and she was like  ???  :doh: ...
She didn't understand what was cute about a half hairless rat xD Come to think of it, neither do I... but they're still cute :P

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1190 on: August 30, 2009, 04:25:20 PM »
smesyna: Thank you for the wonderful comments! The Cuddle Square was actually made by rodent_girl!  :cheeky:

And rodent_girl, the skull fabric was at walmart, for almost $8 a yard, so I only got one. It's perfect for 1 cage lining! (Floor and shelf)
And yes, that is the square you made. :) It's probably still intact because they like it better after they flip it over and use it as a cave. :P
(and I just gotta say... in case I haven't already :P ... the bat cave is freakin huge!!! My boys are so tiny in it!)  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Penny, thank you for making FuzzyPants feel a little less self concious!  :laugh:  He came to me with half his clothes missing,
and I guess the bottom half is never gonna grow back.  :dontknow: I guess I can thank the rex in his genes for that.
I think it's kinda cool, cuz now I know I could handle a nekkid or two.. I wasn't sure about it before, but after having a
Fuzz, I know how soft they are!
Tell your sister, that a half naked rattie is like a unique patchwork quilt! There's love all over it!! :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1191 on: August 30, 2009, 05:41:19 PM »
Haha! I think it's because they look so silly and different, we either think "ew, it's different" or  "aww it's different!" xD
I want a nekkid @__@

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1192 on: August 30, 2009, 05:54:40 PM »
Here's mine!  I have the same fabric as PorkchopandTwinkie in my boys' half.  I got two yards and made a cube, hammock, rope, bed, and bed blankets out of it.  I wanted a big set for my first set.  Just got the CN a few weeks ago, absolutely in love with it!  Before, the boys were in a Super Pet for ferrets [that big purple and green one] and the girls were in an old bird cage.   
Closed

Open

Boys Half

Girls Half

I have five rats, three boys and two girls.  My hairless recently died, I'm considering getting another one.... broke my heart when he passed.  :'(

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1193 on: August 30, 2009, 06:13:16 PM »
Your cage looks great corpseflower! I need more pink stuff... hmmm...

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1194 on: August 30, 2009, 07:55:04 PM »
Isn't that fabric just awesome? I'm sooo getting more on Friday!  :thumbsup2:

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1195 on: August 30, 2009, 08:14:49 PM »
My fiance said no more fabric for awhile.   :puppy_dog_eyes:  He had to drag me away from it today in the store.  But I have a big storage bin filled with fabrics [not fleece but old clothing and such] so I'll manage, haha.

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #1196 on: August 30, 2009, 09:41:29 PM »
Isn't that fabric just awesome? I'm sooo getting more on Friday!  :thumbsup2:

And I am so checking out my local wal mart this week. That fabric so truely awsome.

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1197 on: August 30, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
Here's my cage as of today! I've seriously been using the same liners & hammocks, etc. for the most part for like 4 months! Pretty impressive. But now I'm getting my room together (I moved back in with the parentals to save money) and I'm definitely going to make more! I probably have enough fabric to make a hundred hammocks, haha. I'm also going to start using old shirts and such. I worked at a summer camp and now have nothing to do with those shirts so I may experiment!

The only new things are the striped place mat I got at goodwill for 69c and the purple circle with holes which I got at a garage sale for $1. :)

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1198 on: September 01, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »
New cage stuff: the set fabrics don't match quite as well as I would like, but oh well....

Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1199 on: September 01, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
I really have the new hammocks itch...but both of my kids have birthdays in the next 2 weeks.  They look great Nightmelody!