Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1001677 times)

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1200 on: September 01, 2009, 03:41:39 PM »
Here is the top part of my CN.  The bottom part is basically the same but it has no hammies.  My mom is going to teach me to sew, but I dont know when.  =(  She said after the next goodwill pick up comes.  Which hopefully is soon. 

I ran out of fleece for the shelves so I had to leave them bare. I would use a towel but my dad would get mad.  lol
I miss having ratties!

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1201 on: September 01, 2009, 03:48:45 PM »
I LOVE that burgundy and black Wodent wheel!

Offline Crasher

« Reply #1202 on: September 01, 2009, 04:12:57 PM »
Can your order an extra level for the CN? I like the single level, I just feel that one more solid level would increase the available space for the better. I tried searching but I can't find anything with this site, or Google.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1203 on: September 01, 2009, 04:24:17 PM »
Are you talking about a shelf or a double CN?  I am confused  ???

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1204 on: September 01, 2009, 04:25:56 PM »
No they are not available yet.  I don't know when it will be or even if it is for sure they are going to.  There have been people who have modified them together.  Like two 1 levels together sideways.  Another person had two two levels and took one level from one of their cages and turned the other into a 3 level  and left the other as a one level.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1205 on: September 01, 2009, 04:30:05 PM »
Ohhh a triple CN...I get it now.   :doh:

Offline Crasher

« Reply #1206 on: September 01, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »
lol I worded that wrong. I meant shelf. The single level only has one and I think another one at the back of the cage (as opposed to the side) set slightly higher than the first would be nice.

I've been thinking about searching around for metal shelves of the right size to put in my cage (not a CN) and just zip-tie them or something. Is there a place I can order shelves for pet cages? Or ramps? I've searched all over the place but I just can't find any. Ideas? :sign13:

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1207 on: September 01, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
I'm making some new hammocks & liners today out of old shirts! :) I love recycling. Photos to come when I'm done later tonight or tomorrow.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1208 on: September 01, 2009, 11:52:58 PM »
lol I worded that wrong. I meant shelf. The single level only has one and I think another one at the back of the cage (as opposed to the side) set slightly higher than the first would be nice.

I've been thinking about searching around for metal shelves of the right size to put in my cage (not a CN) and just zip-tie them or something. Is there a place I can order shelves for pet cages? Or ramps? I've searched all over the place but I just can't find any. Ideas? :sign13:

you can order an extra shelf from midwest, try to e-mail them.  I know some other people on GM have. 

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1209 on: September 02, 2009, 10:47:05 AM »

Here is a corner shelf with ramp: http://www.ferret.com/item/super-pet-corner-look-out-with-ramp/650775/  They sell these elsewhere as well, I am just not sure of the stores.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1210 on: September 02, 2009, 08:29:22 PM »
Here is my girl's cage as of today.  No pics of the boys cage though!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1211 on: September 02, 2009, 08:58:33 PM »

You can get a ramp here: http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-Ferret-Nation-Exterior-Ramp/dp/B0012GPZXS/ref=pd_sim_dbs_k_1  I couldn't find any shelves though :( 

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1212 on: September 04, 2009, 12:05:06 AM »
coliekumar:  I LOVE that butterfly hammie!!
Your whole cage looks amazing. :)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1213 on: September 04, 2009, 12:09:13 AM »
Colie, what are those piles of stuff around your (amazing) CN? It looks like hay or alfalfa or something  ???
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1214 on: September 04, 2009, 12:11:03 AM »
It looks like krinkle paper! It's like Easter grass
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1215 on: September 04, 2009, 12:13:41 AM »
Oooh! I've seen that stuff before but never thought of giving it to ratties. It probably makes great nesting/stashing material :D

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline BubbleandSqueak

« Reply #1216 on: September 04, 2009, 06:12:24 AM »
I want a CN so bad but it's hard to get in Canada. You can get them online but they want to charge you up the a$$ for shipping and then expensive border fees on top of that.  >:(

Colie, How did you get a 3 level CN?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:23:19 AM by BubbleandSqueak »
I've never met a rat I didn't like. I've met plenty of people I couldn't stand.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1217 on: September 04, 2009, 11:57:13 AM »
PorkChop: Thanks so much! Artsiekat makes them.

Pennytherat: Its Ecobedding  ;)

BubbleandSqueak: It is a single level on a double level, the top is not open to the bottom.  To get a true triple level where all of the levels are open, you need 2 double levels since there are no add-ons (or I guess I could do some modifications to the floor of the single level...)

Offline Rat_attack! On Twitter

« Reply #1218 on: September 04, 2009, 12:37:04 PM »
I want a CN so bad but it's hard to get in Canada. You can get them online but they want to charge you up the a$$ for shipping and then expensive border fees on top of that.  >:(

Colie, How did you get a 3 level CN?

Tell me about it, I'm in ontario and I ordered the Double CN at $240...But they added 100 for shipping and exchange rates ..So it was very expensive, But it got here... PICS TO COME!!!  (My Camera broke)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1219 on: September 04, 2009, 06:19:59 PM »
My girls keep chewing up the liners, so I have to binder clip the heck out of them D: I wish the CN pans were metal and didn't have a bump on the sides. It would make clipping liners a lot easier, and my girls don't scatter litter or make a huge mess, so that's not an issue.

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1220 on: September 05, 2009, 03:06:27 AM »
My boys always end up chewing a corner of the liner so they can tunnel under it.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
Luckily for me, I haven't found any foods stashed under there.... YET!

Offline anandatashie

« Reply #1221 on: September 05, 2009, 11:10:58 AM »
Brand new home as of Thursday.  (A local shop was able to special order it and get it to me in ONE DAY, woo!)  Nothing super-fancy, really, but my two ratties are very, very, very happy zooming, climbing, and modifying (mainly the bottom level gets tunneled under / etc). :)  Unfortunately, I'm having trouble uploading photos to my album here; I don't know if it's because my account is newish or if I'm just clueless / impatient.  But, photos:

The full cage -
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2515/3889242153_696173bb31.jpg

One of the mid-level shelf thingies -
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3433/3890036418_1965408b5d.jpg

Cecilia and Ben, a teeny bit hyped :) -
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2475/3889243961_9f784e73b4.jpg
Imagine With Kai * My Son's Critter Art :)
http://imaginewithkai.etsy.com/

Offline miss_jenna

« Reply #1222 on: September 05, 2009, 08:24:34 PM »
Here is my CN as of today. My parents are coming down here to meet my ratties for the first time so I spent all night making a new set for their cage. I still need to make a few more hammocks, but I absolutely love this set!

My sweet girls <3

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1223 on: September 06, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
Love the set up miss_jenna ;D
I wheeled the CN outside today to do a full, deep cleaning again. The mailperson came up to our house and asked what it was for, and I told him rats, and he said wow, spoiled rats you have! xD

I would have pictures, but I haven't uploaded them yet :P I should go do that now.

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #1224 on: September 06, 2009, 01:03:49 AM »
*still have envy*
Can someone measure how high the top doors are on a 162?? I roll my current cage up against my bed and the door opens at the perfect height for them to climb out.