Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 995055 times)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1225 on: September 06, 2009, 01:12:28 AM »
The top doors are 3 feet and 26 inches up, and the very top of the cage is about an inch and a half up :)
I haven't uploaded photos in forever... so I have like 25 piled up on my desktop waiting to be uploaded :P I'll post pictures in a minute. They're nice and bright because I decided to clean AND decorate outside, since it was so cool out.

Hey, after I hosed down the cage, we wheeled it up the porch steps and this yellowish brown nasty liquid came dripping down from the wheels... what is it? I'm pretty sure the structure of the cage is hollow to a point. Is it just crud + water + hollowness?
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #1226 on: September 06, 2009, 01:14:59 AM »
Thank you, that was so quick! :D
I'm excited for more pictures. :)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1227 on: September 06, 2009, 01:32:13 AM »
No problem :3
I'm waiting for them to upload, I have 10 or 11 left first xD I've been taking a lot of pictures lately. Probably because there's such good lighting when it's slightly overcast.

EDIT - finally loaded :D

Penny being silly and blowing a raspberry at the camera :P

There's no full view because I managed to get our license plates in the picture :P
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 02:10:23 AM by Pennytherat »

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1228 on: September 06, 2009, 10:29:55 PM »
Pennytherat; Great set up!  I love the little chair, so cute!  :)

My fiance took me rat-shopping today!  I went to the Dollar Tree and the Dollar General.  :hyper:  I got a BUNCH of stuff and completely re-did the CN.  Hooray for fiances!  :bow:  Please excuse the crappy quality, all I have is a cell phone and a film camera. 

Full view

Boys Half

Girls Half

Offline miss_jenna

« Reply #1229 on: September 06, 2009, 10:37:02 PM »
Those skulls are awesome! did you find those at either one of the dollar stores?

My sweet girls <3

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1230 on: September 06, 2009, 10:40:23 PM »
Dollar Tree.  :)  Part of the Halloween stock, they also had little skeleton men strung up the same way.  I love halloween stuff!  I always end up using it year round.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline miss_jenna

« Reply #1231 on: September 06, 2009, 10:47:29 PM »
So awesome! I think i'm going to hit up the local dollar tree and get some stuff for my girls. The majority of their hammocks are halloween themed! lol.

My sweet girls <3

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1232 on: September 07, 2009, 01:54:29 AM »
Here is my amazingly mismatched cage  :yelcutelaugh: The yellow & grey hammocks are made of old shirts! I'm going to start selling "Recycled Rat Hammocks". I'm all about recycling & reusing!!

They sure are eating away at that pan fast! I need to get the boyfriend to spray paint my bass pan that came over a week ago! If I would've just done it as soon as I got it I would've almost been able to use it!  :doh:

Here is one I made from my shirt from the summer camp I worked at this summer.

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1233 on: September 07, 2009, 02:19:46 AM »
Neelia  I have that same blue fleece from dollar tree. I plan on going there tomorrow to get some of those skull ropes.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #1234 on: September 07, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »
Corpseflower - I really love whatever fabric that is that you used as the pan liners. Are those towels, or actual fabric, and where did you find it?? It's so bright and colorful and I love the stripes. :)

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1235 on: September 07, 2009, 11:35:53 AM »
I made them from some fleece throws [blankets] I found at the dollar tree.  I THINK they were four dollars.   :)

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1236 on: September 07, 2009, 08:56:13 PM »
New Layout! I absolutely ADORE this monkey fabric I found and sent to Violet to have made into a cage set.
Made a new note to self today too : it is a serious PITA to do cage cleaning with the crew still in there, the girls drove me nuts trying to figure out what I am doing, even when I am dustbusting! luckily, the boys were content to play in the other half while i worked..  :doh:   :yelcutelaugh:

Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline Rattie Kisses

« Reply #1237 on: September 07, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
I hit the dollar store and walmart today to see what I could find, and I think I have mastered setting up the cage. ;)

Doors closed

Open

Little trash can i found at dollar general

Bottom. Behind the bunched up hammock is a blue mini stacking storage bin

And the top

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1238 on: September 08, 2009, 07:07:19 PM »
If that trash bin works like I think it does, a rat could get stuck in it =/ If the lid thingy closes, I don't know if the rat can push its way out. Take the lid part off to be safe :)

Great setup though! I love it when people do blue/green or pink/green for each half. I never have enough stuff to mix and match :P

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1239 on: September 08, 2009, 07:11:53 PM »
I hit the dollar store and walmart today to see what I could find, and I think I have mastered setting up the cage. ;)

Doors closed

Open

Little trash can i found at dollar general

Bottom. Behind the bunched up hammock is a blue mini stacking storage bin

And the top

How do your rats fit in a hamster cage?!  I didn't realize the holes in those were all that big?  Cute set-up, I am also a big fan of the dollar store  ;D
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Rattie Kisses

« Reply #1240 on: September 08, 2009, 08:18:39 PM »
Yeah, Penny, after I posted pics I thought about it and took off the swinging door. Thanks. :)

Colie, that is their wheel! They LOVE it, and I do too. It  is called the Critter Revolution, meant for a hamster cage but is also a great rat wheel. Quiet, too! I have had 3 girls running on it at once, it is that big! :thumbsup2:

Offline Rattie Kisses

« Reply #1241 on: September 08, 2009, 08:21:19 PM »
Oh and, Penny, I love your cage set ups. They are always creative and they match your room! Spoiled Cute rats, too. lol! :)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1242 on: September 08, 2009, 08:27:45 PM »
Yeah, Penny, after I posted pics I thought about it and took off the swinging door. Thanks. :)

Colie, that is their wheel! They LOVE it, and I do too. It  is called the Critter Revolution, meant for a hamster cage but is also a great rat wheel. Quiet, too! I have had 3 girls running on it at once, it is that big! :thumbsup2:

Oh I know its a wheel, I just couldn't believe your rats can fit through the hamster size hole to get into it!  None of my girls can squeeze into our hamster's tubes  ;)  Some of my girls are a little pudgy these days though!  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1243 on: September 08, 2009, 08:32:29 PM »
Thanks :) I think I always do blue/purple/green setups because I adore those colors... and of course I used them for my room too :P

Offline Rattie Kisses

« Reply #1244 on: September 08, 2009, 08:35:39 PM »
Yes, they can fit through the holes. My girls are small, though..except one of them. :)
They usually use the door on the bottom left, it is wider and taller.

Penny, I love those colors too! :)

Offline wordsyouxwrote

« Reply #1245 on: September 09, 2009, 09:20:49 AM »
I wish I had pictures of a CN to post! I've been searching all over Goosemoose for CN mofication tips but I haven't been able to find anything. Would anyone here be able to tell me how they/how to convert a Double Level into having 2 separate levels. I have 3 rats, soon to be 4 if Newton takes to the new baby & I'd love to be able to keep them all in the same unit, just not together. Any help is appreciated, thanks ;D.

P.S. Everyone's cages look great, my head is spinning with fabric ideas!
Proud mama of . . . <3
1 rat; Gutter
2 dogs; Stella & Brutus
3 cats; Lillian, Lui & Twiggy

RIP my babies, Tigger, Teddy, Newton, Splinter & Tiberius as well as the rest of our clan <3

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1246 on: September 09, 2009, 10:11:37 AM »
There is a ladder that goes between the two levels.  It just hooks up onto the middle level of the cage blocking it off so that the rats cannot go through. 

Offline wordsyouxwrote

« Reply #1247 on: September 09, 2009, 04:22:34 PM »
Are you serious :doh:?!

So simple, I'm excited now! Thanks a bunch!
Proud mama of . . . <3
1 rat; Gutter
2 dogs; Stella & Brutus
3 cats; Lillian, Lui & Twiggy

RIP my babies, Tigger, Teddy, Newton, Splinter & Tiberius as well as the rest of our clan <3

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1248 on: September 10, 2009, 02:23:17 AM »
I promised myself that I wouldn't post before I had pictures of my CN to take photos of, but since I'm at my parent's house tooling around until I get my new girls in the morning, I thought I'd add my two cents in. :)  I love the cage, and it is much nicer looking in the room than my old Martins.  I've currently got it split, because I don't want the boys to start thinking of the top level as theirs when the girls get there after QT.  I think that'll make them more likely to accept her after I start intros.

I do have a couple of questions -- what do you guys do about hanging hammocks on the long bars?  I try to always keep the hooks on the short bars, but sometimes it doesn't work out the way I want to.

I'll get pictures up tomorrow after I get back home. I promise.  I have ratoob pictures to upload also.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1249 on: September 10, 2009, 02:29:04 AM »
You mean so they don't slide across the bars??  I take a small binder clip and clip it across two of the bars (if you only clip one bar it still slides) next to where I want it to stay.  Easy enough to move when I need it elsewhere.