Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 981880 times)

Offline Nat Loves Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • My sweethearts, Alice and Rosalie <333
    • Rat Love
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1425 on: October 16, 2009, 02:30:01 PM »
Nightmelody --
what a sacrifice! Lol.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue: I would do the same for my girls though  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1426 on: October 16, 2009, 04:48:47 PM »
I haven't posted in a long time!  I have a few new items from undergunfire (Amy's Comfy Creations).  There is a flat hammock, two resting pads, and a star dome home!

bottom

whole cage

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1427 on: October 16, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
Ohmygosh mcfate, I LOVE the bubbly fabric on the SDH and resting pads! I think I need to have that!
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #1428 on: October 16, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »
Grace, are you in the winter gift swap? You'll be so easy to get stuff for with your rats color coded cage/your room! :D

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1429 on: October 16, 2009, 05:56:16 PM »
My boys really like the pads!  Four of them are sleeping on the one by the wheel right now.  I do like the fabric, and lucky enough I had some light blue towels from walmart to match.

ETA Grace I promise I won't call you Penny anymore, and evilhobbitgirl that pic of Elliott is your sig is soooooo cute!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 06:01:32 PM by mcfate »

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1430 on: October 16, 2009, 06:06:55 PM »
No, I'm not in the swap unfortunately :( My sewing machine broke and I couldn't bring myself to send out a hand-sewn one when I know I can do so much better.  :-\

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #1431 on: October 16, 2009, 06:32:58 PM »
Aww that stinks. :( You could do something else creative.. I'm trying to think of things but I can't right now!!

mcfate-thanks! He is my cuddle happy boy. He has a smile on his face a lot. ;D

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1432 on: October 16, 2009, 06:51:10 PM »
I was thinking about making a rat tshirt (for people), but it wouldn't be very good, and I wouldn't know their size or if they'd like it or whatever.

Offline Violet976

• Posts Too Much!
  • Ignorance killed the cat. Curiosity was framed...
    • The Rat Stash
« Reply #1433 on: October 16, 2009, 10:41:31 PM »
Pennytherat: There are sooo many great things you could contribute without sewing. I've always thought a movie night package (blockbuster card/popcorn etc), a rattum collection gift basket (rat figurines, christmas ornaments & the like), a rat treat package (rat snacks, toys, etc), rattatouille dvd, secret of nimh dvd, rat calendars, ...

Just some ideas!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Ms. Kate

• You would if you had robot ears.
    • Tumblr?
« Reply #1434 on: October 17, 2009, 04:26:26 AM »
Could someone do me a wee favor and take a closeup  picture of the wheels on the CN? I'd like to see how they attach and if I can modify them... mua ha ha! Thanks to whoever has the time...  ;D
Currently spoiling: Wednesday, Nils, Fynn and Ivo

Offline Nat Loves Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • My sweethearts, Alice and Rosalie <333
    • Rat Love
« Reply #1435 on: October 17, 2009, 11:45:33 AM »
Pennytherat--
you have two ratties, right?

:rattysmiley:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1436 on: October 17, 2009, 06:23:32 PM »
Yep! Two very, very spoiled ratties  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1437 on: October 18, 2009, 05:40:47 PM »
Hey, would it look silly if I had just one BASS pan for the bottom level? My girls are pretty good at going in the litter box when they're on the top level, and it would be so nice to only have to keep up with liners for one pan. Hmm...

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1438 on: October 18, 2009, 05:48:41 PM »
Hey, would it look silly if I had just one BASS pan for the bottom level? My girls are pretty good at going in the litter box when they're on the top level, and it would be so nice to only have to keep up with liners for one pan. Hmm...

I had just a BASS pan on my bottom level, did you think it looked silly then  ;)  Just teasing, check back for my posts (I am WAY too lazy to do it myself) to get an idea of how it looks.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline rat_cuddler

• My pets are my world
« Reply #1439 on: October 18, 2009, 09:45:59 PM »
So I finally got around to posting some pics. Please excuse the mess, the bubs have been in there for a few days now  :doh:.

All of the boys half.

Top of boys half.

Bottom of boys half.

Girls half.

Top of girls half.

Bottom of girls half.

It looks very sparse this week. I never realized how many hammocks it takes to fill it.

Offline della luna

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1440 on: October 18, 2009, 10:17:46 PM »
^oooh I love the idea of switching the pans so that they can't get to one-another!  I never thought of that before   :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
It's a full house!! 3 horses: Pixie, Tucker, and Bailey; 4 cats: Adam, Cassie, LuAnne, and Chester; 4 dogs: Friskie, Beau, Jemma, and Ruby; 3 rats: Pickle, Pepper, and Pretzel; 2 mice: Kirby and Lionel; 1 duck: Quackers; 1 hamster: Pancake

Offline rat_cuddler

• My pets are my world
« Reply #1441 on: October 18, 2009, 10:37:05 PM »
Yes I DO NOT want an accident. They are not going to stay like that long though, the big boys are getting the snip on Wednesday, and the girls a few days later (Cross your fingers)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1442 on: October 18, 2009, 11:40:11 PM »
I think I'll ask for a BASS pan for christmas :). I love the look of fleece but I'm sick of them ignoring the litter boxes on the bottom level. I looked for your past cage pics, colie, but I couldn't find them and I was too lazy to pursue it :P

Offline MattosaurusREX

« Reply #1443 on: October 18, 2009, 11:55:00 PM »
I think I'll ask for a BASS pan for christmas :). I love the look of fleece but I'm sick of them ignoring the litter boxes on the bottom level. I looked for your past cage pics, colie, but I couldn't find them and I was too lazy to pursue it :P

Personally, it seems like it would be easier to vacuum the turds once a day or so with a hand vac than it would be to change a mess or littler. Not to mention cheaper.

Anyway, this is my cage this week:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1444 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:53 AM »
I do have a hand vac, but it has a very short cord and I have furniture in front of all my outlets. I usually flick the turds into the litter boxes with a spoon. I think I just don't want to spot clean so much every morning, plus they only chew on the bottom fleece so I wouldn't have to keep buying so much more!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1445 on: October 19, 2009, 11:54:28 AM »
I have been pouting about not having my double wide for about a month now, so I decided that was probably long enough and I should post pics again.

Boys Cage:

Girls Cage:

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1446 on: October 19, 2009, 01:02:43 PM »
Whoo! New apartment!!!

I love my single BASS pan :)
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1447 on: October 19, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »
You know, my rats like to tear up the liners I make. Well they used to, I haven't made new liners in months! Until now! So we'll see how this survives. If it doesn't last long, I am considering just using my bass pan for litter too. They actually make it in their litter box 90% of the time which is amazing, it's just that I don't want to have to make them liners every other week. I just hate the idea of wasting litter because I would fill the whole bass pan twice a week and it just seems like such a waste.

Here's my cage as of today:

Offline Tracey Lyn

• Animals are my life ♥
« Reply #1448 on: October 19, 2009, 07:07:51 PM »
You know, my rats like to tear up the liners I make. Well they used to, I haven't made new liners in months! Until now! So we'll see how this survives. If it doesn't last long, I am considering just using my bass pan for litter too. They actually make it in their litter box 90% of the time which is amazing, it's just that I don't want to have to make them liners every other week. I just hate the idea of wasting litter because I would fill the whole bass pan twice a week and it just seems like such a waste.

Here's my cage as of today:

love the cage but i suggest getting a different wheel. not very safe..

<:3~~ Hoodie - Black hooded female
<:3~~ Zelda - Berkshire female
=^-^= Toby - Grey tabby male
=^-^= Sox - Black tabby female

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1449 on: October 19, 2009, 07:11:32 PM »
Her wheel is safe! Tons of people on this forum use them (myself included)