Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 990804 times)

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #775 on: May 30, 2009, 04:37:57 PM »
Colie, do you make your own hammocks?
I miss having ratties!

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #777 on: May 30, 2009, 07:35:34 PM »
Why do I feel like I post too much???

Top Half:

Bottom Half:

And the single level I have:

One with the boys!

Your cage looks so awsome! i love all the color!
Two questions: Where did you get the pink whale print fleece (it's to die for) and the plastic place mates? I've been looking everywhere for cute platic mats, but all I can find are foam ones (which my rats would eat in like two minutes).

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #778 on: May 30, 2009, 07:48:54 PM »
Yoona:  Thanks!  ;D  I feel a *little* better about all of my pics in this thread I guess.

rodent_girl: The pink whale fleece was Kat's or javakitties, you probably know her store?  I haven't seen it anywhere myself.  I got my placemats at Target.  They were a valentines day thing, but they usually have some for other holidays and seasons.

Johnny:  I think its called a hive?  Made by the same woman who makes the rackies in Swap Meet, she was looking for $$$ to QT her cats?  Maybe you can find her thread.  (I am assuming here you are talking about the thing with the octopus on it.

Amy:  I make a lot of my own hammocks and all of my own liners.  This time around, I used a lot of purchased hammocks and the last cage there is all purchased (the only liner I have ever bought!)

Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline JustJenna

« Reply #779 on: May 30, 2009, 08:02:17 PM »
Hey, Coliekumar, Love your cages!

Also love your rat's names in your signature:  Fezzik, Inigo, Arthur, Ford, and even Dr. Spaceman!  That's great!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #780 on: May 30, 2009, 08:08:04 PM »
I name almost all of my rats after movies or TV shows  ;D  Fezzik and Inigo are the Princess Bride, Ford and Arthur are Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy and Dr. Spaceman is from the show 30 Rock.  I am not as clever as I seem!  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline JustJenna

« Reply #781 on: May 31, 2009, 12:41:11 PM »
I recognized where the names are from, which made me like them all the more - Princess Bride's one of my favs, definitely Hitchhiker's Guide, and Dr. Spaceman is one of the best TV names ('Spa-chem-en') ever!  Love them!   ;D

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #782 on: May 31, 2009, 03:22:28 PM »
No one ever recognizes my names!   :yelcutelaugh:  I am glad somebody did, most people just think I am crazy!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #783 on: June 02, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
I am a bit mad. I think I am just going to order another 1 level CN to connect with my 1 level CN (to make one large horizontal cage) instead of a Martin's.....and I went to check on allpetfurniture.com to make sure they still had it and I noticed they raised the price  :puppy_dog_eyes:. I thought $139 when I purchased mine in January was pricey...and I especially thought it was pricey when I put my CN together and noticed how much less quality it is then the FN.

The price got raised to $159  >:(.
http://www.allpetfurniture.com/Midwest-Homes-For-Pets-161-MDW1243.html

Is there somewhere else that sells the CN for cheaper with free shipping?!

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #784 on: June 02, 2009, 12:37:07 AM »
This is where I got my 2 doubles:
http://www.petstreetmall.com/Critter-Nation-Rabbit-Cage/8515/3399/details.html

The single is $134 free shipping.
www.Camarattery.com  Colorado Rat Breeder

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #785 on: June 02, 2009, 12:40:29 AM »

Thank you  ;D! I just did a search and found that, too....much better price! I wonder how long the sale is going on for (it says "sale price")? I probably won't buy the 2nd CN for another month.

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #786 on: June 02, 2009, 12:44:15 AM »
I don't know, I just found them a week ago. And I thought I'd better order now since they posted a sale price. So I haven't even gotten my cages in yet. I plan on getting a single unit too for my nursery babies. But my bank is broke!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #787 on: June 02, 2009, 12:51:45 AM »
I think you will be really happy when you do order Amy.  I love my double wide, my rats use the entire cage and they actually run around and play!  I never saw them do that in the double talls!  Hoping for you the sale stays for awhile!

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #788 on: June 02, 2009, 12:56:46 AM »

XD I ordered my CN double on Friday from there.  I cant wait till it gets here.  I dont like that I cant track it though.
I miss having ratties!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #789 on: June 02, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »
Amy: Wow...a week and no cages yet? Did they send a tracking code, by chance?cI can order from allpetfurniture if I had those coupons that people sometimes pass around. I will have to see when it comes time to order  :P. Thanks for you're help  :D.

Colie: I am thinking I will be happy with the double horizontal CN, too  :D. I really wanted a Martin's (the same as WEAVER's) after seeing her pictures. I did more reading on here and Jorats forum about the Martin's cages and decided I don't want to have to do scrub downs outside or in the shower weekly or bi-weekly. I am a pretty high stress person and have anxiety problems and I know dealing with a "hard to clean" cage will put me over the top. I like to enjoy my rats and would rather do a quick CN clean then a stressful "tub clean"  :P. I really was wanting the Martin's more for the less space it took up and all the levels....but I am going to choose ease of cleaning over that. My rats get loooots of out-time, anyway  ;).

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #790 on: June 02, 2009, 01:15:27 AM »

Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Kota

« Reply #791 on: June 02, 2009, 02:25:48 AM »
Aww that looks lovley tankgirl, so colourful  ;D
Man I wish they sold these cages here  :(

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #792 on: June 02, 2009, 03:26:16 AM »
Thank you! I know they don't care if it's colorful, but I do! lol I got that wonderful puzzle set as well as the UFO hammock from LOTR_Ratties a while back and just got to set it up!
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #793 on: June 02, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »
It hasn't been a full week. I ordered the one on Thursday and one on Friday. They said the one will be here this Thursday and the other on Monday.
I posted here and asked for a coupon code and no one responded so I went ahead and ordered.

But if anyone has a code I will be ordering a single unit.  :heart:

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #794 on: June 03, 2009, 09:12:41 PM »
OK my 1st of probably 3 CN's came in today:

This is the girl's cage. The boys comes in on Monday. Then I am wanting to get one for the babies.

But yes I have only had it for 2 hours and don't have all the pretty things to put in it that that you all have. But I will get there. I still have to order the deep trays for bedding too, so I just have towels in there right now. And I know the hammocks will only last for another hour or 2 but you can't say I didn't try! Last time I tried I went through 6 in one cage in one day. But that's what you get in a breeding colony with raging hormones.........

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #795 on: June 03, 2009, 09:23:30 PM »
It looks good!  Tell me some more about the light, is that for heat? 

And I tried counting, but how many girlies are in there?  It looks like they are taking over the cage  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #796 on: June 03, 2009, 09:43:10 PM »
Thanks!

No that's a florescent bulb its cold. Its a full spectrum so they can utilize the vitamins they eat. Rats are just like us and every other living creature and cannot use our vitamins until we get the UVA and UVB that the sun provides. Even if its only for 15 minutes a day we still all require it for survival. And since glass filters out 100% of it we have to provide that for them.

An I don't have the 6 or less rats that the non breeders on here have. I have 13 standard sized females. Plus my 4 that are for adoption.

Offline SnS Rattery

« Reply #797 on: June 04, 2009, 04:56:00 AM »
I got my first CN last week from Ferret.com, $258.98 total. It came exactly one week from the day I placed my order which was nice. I'm not sure if the CN can only be shipped economy, but I paid to have it shipped ground and they shipped it economy otherwise. Only a loss of $2.00, but just putting it out there in case anyone orders a CN from them.

I was going to order from PetStreetMall, but the majority of reviews I've read about them online are in the negative light. I was eager to get my CN, so didn't want to chance it after what I had read.

I did find a good deal on Ebay which I'll most likely order from when the time comes to get a second double. They offer it for $240.95 Buy It Now with free shipping and they have very good feedback. If anyone purchases from them before me, let me know how the communication and shipping is.

Offline just_icarus

« Reply #798 on: June 04, 2009, 10:12:49 AM »
i have a one-level CN waiting for my three little boys to take over in a week.. but the more i look at it, the more apprehensive i am about the amount of space they'll have when they grow up. does anyone else have the single-level with more than two ratties in?

all this talk of doubles is making me want one/wish i'd gotten one.. haha

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #799 on: June 04, 2009, 11:36:26 AM »
Thanks!

No that's a florescent bulb its cold. Its a full spectrum so they can utilize the vitamins they eat. Rats are just like us and every other living creature and cannot use our vitamins until we get the UVA and UVB that the sun provides. Even if its only for 15 minutes a day we still all require it for survival. And since glass filters out 100% of it we have to provide that for them.

An I don't have the 6 or less rats that the non breeders on here have. I have 13 standard sized females. Plus my 4 that are for adoption.

I never knew that.  I had a full spectrum for my turtle, but never my rats.  I don't think cage space per rat is a breeder/non breeder thing.  I keep up to the cage calculator maximum in each cage because I know my rats and they get lots of out of cage time (not to mention I have 23 rats....)  I just thought it was cute how they were all over the cage  :)