Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 990819 times)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #800 on: June 04, 2009, 11:40:54 AM »
i have a one-level CN waiting for my three little boys to take over in a week.. but the more i look at it, the more apprehensive i am about the amount of space they'll have when they grow up. does anyone else have the single-level with more than two ratties in?

all this talk of doubles is making me want one/wish i'd gotten one.. haha

I have been keeping three of my boys in my single level until after their neuters and re-intros.  They have been in there for a couple months and it is perfect!  They are fully grown, but they are also pretty big boys and I think it is the perfect cage for them.  My girls on the other hand, need more floor space (no matter the number) so I prefer them in the double wides (even for three))
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline misslasagna

• Posts Too Much!
  • Peace. Love. Vegetarian.
    • Tumbleweed Rattery
« Reply #801 on: June 05, 2009, 12:08:20 AM »
Clean cage and FINALLY my boy, Sam, has been integrated!! It's his FIRST TIME EVER having roommates in his year and a half alive! (it took a LOT of work getting him to speak *rat*)

Top, I found that lampshade at the dollar tree. =D

Whole thing

My monkey, Margot.

Blurry, but sweet. Sam and Margot didn't get along initially. Now they're best buddies.

Run, run, run!

PILE!

He's such a pretty & happy guy.

And I love this cage. Soooo easy to clean and organize. And room for plenty of girls and a neutered boy. =)

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #802 on: June 05, 2009, 12:12:46 AM »
My 2nd CN came in tonight! I will post pix soon!
www.Camarattery.com  Colorado Rat Breeder

Offline Shanna66

• Posts Too Much!
    • My myspace
« Reply #803 on: June 05, 2009, 12:14:51 AM »
wow, a rat on a wheel.  my boys just use their weel to store food

Pets name: Aiden
Adopt your own!

Offline misslasagna

• Posts Too Much!
    • Tumbleweed Rattery
« Reply #804 on: June 05, 2009, 12:30:37 AM »
wow, a rat on a wheel.  my boys just use their weel to store food

My rats LOVE their wheel.

Offline Shanna66

• Posts Too Much!
    • My myspace
« Reply #805 on: June 05, 2009, 12:35:17 AM »
that just seems so unheard of to me, i mean ive heard about rats liking wheels but ive never seen one on a wheel.  though i have really lazy boys so that may be the reason lol.  i need to get a cage of girls just so my wheel can get some use XD

Adopt your own!

Offline misslasagna

• Posts Too Much!
    • Tumbleweed Rattery
« Reply #806 on: June 05, 2009, 01:44:48 AM »
that just seems so unheard of to me, i mean ive heard about rats liking wheels but ive never seen one on a wheel.  though i have really lazy boys so that may be the reason lol.  i need to get a cage of girls just so my wheel can get some use XD

Every single one of my ten + rats uses the wheel...

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #807 on: June 05, 2009, 02:16:15 AM »
Ok my new cages are set up and ready for display! Let me know what you think of my rattery now.

I installed some shelves under the levels on both cages and you cant see them in the pic so I posted a close up of that here.

I still have to go buy a waffle house for the boys and any other toy that I see and like.

The nursery tubs are on top...

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #808 on: June 05, 2009, 02:49:58 AM »
So I went out to dinner tonight for my 8th grade graduation... I got a present... IT WAS THE RECEIPT FOR A CRITTER NATION!!!!!!!  :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My mom ordered it yesterday! I can't WAIT! :D I'm so excited! Tomorrow we are going to the fabric store (I bought a swim suit that is WAY too low and needs a little more fabric to keep me covered :P) and maybe some fleece will accidentally end up in our cart...  :cheeky: I need to get to the dollar tree/goodwill/garage sales/fabric stores/walmart and stock up on stuff to fill my CN!  ;D

EDIT : How long do they take to assemble? I hate assembling things >_> I have memories of my mom struggling and grumbling over bookshelves and the *shudder* rat manor. I hope it's not a PITA to put together... =S
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 02:56:47 AM by Pennytherat »
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Shanna66

• Posts Too Much!
    • My myspace
« Reply #809 on: June 05, 2009, 06:56:17 AM »
So I went out to dinner tonight for my 8th grade graduation... I got a present... IT WAS THE RECEIPT FOR A CRITTER NATION!!!!!!!  :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

My mom ordered it yesterday! I can't WAIT! :D I'm so excited! Tomorrow we are going to the fabric store (I bought a swim suit that is WAY too low and needs a little more fabric to keep me covered :P) and maybe some fleece will accidentally end up in our cart...  :cheeky: I need to get to the dollar tree/goodwill/garage sales/fabric stores/walmart and stock up on stuff to fill my CN!  ;D

EDIT : How long do they take to assemble? I hate assembling things >_> I have memories of my mom struggling and grumbling over bookshelves and the *shudder* rat manor. I hope it's not a PITA to put together... =S

congrats!

it took me less than an hour and i was by myself and had to take it apart a couple of times.  my boys watched the entire time.  they knew it was for them lol XD

Adopt your own!

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #810 on: June 05, 2009, 01:04:52 PM »
Congratulations!!! It didn't take me too long to set mine up, but we needed a hammer and I had a friend to help. I can fit in the bottom section of mine! lol
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #811 on: June 05, 2009, 01:16:11 PM »

Congratulations!  :party:

I know how long you have been waiting to get one of these! Mine were both very easy to assemble, the 2nd only took 20min. max (it actually took longer to take it out of the box than to put together  :P ). Just have a hammer handy in case, but I never needed one.

Good Luck!!!
-Lauren

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #812 on: June 05, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »
Lol thanks you guys!

SQUEEE! I'm so excited! We're going to the fabric store later today. I hope we can get some fleece, the CN is a big cage to fill!
And tankgirl, I think I could too xD I'll try to get a picture of me stuffed in the bottom when we get the cage :3

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #813 on: June 06, 2009, 12:09:29 AM »
The rats are really loving the CN. And the litter training was like non existent because they have been raised on the litter and prefer to use it. So I am having very few accidents. That's making me happy because I didn't expect it. I thought I was going to have a miserable time with this until I order those deep pans, but now I am second guessing getting them at all.

Here is a couple of pix from today.

Heaven at last!

Top side of the girls cage.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #814 on: June 06, 2009, 12:56:37 PM »
Just the top half this time.  My husband decorated the bottom half and he didn't want to share  :P

This is the first time in along time there is nothing new in there!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #815 on: June 06, 2009, 02:18:55 PM »
Awesome job, Colie  ;D!

Here is the girl's CN from last night. They are in the dining room for now and I am LOVING all the light from the windows that shines into their cage.

Here is the CN and FN side-by-side:

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #816 on: June 06, 2009, 03:03:10 PM »
Thanks!   It looks like we even have some of the same fabrics!  I *love* those cherries!  :)

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #817 on: June 06, 2009, 10:56:47 PM »
I finally got the rattery done. Here are my digs:

What do you think?

Offline CrestedRattery

• Crested Rattery
« Reply #818 on: June 06, 2009, 11:17:04 PM »
LOVE your set up Cama. You make me want to go out and buy CNs for my crew!  ;D

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #819 on: June 07, 2009, 02:02:00 AM »
Thanks CrestedRattery. I am very happy with them. I have only had them for a couple of days, but this is the best thing I have done for the rattery! Its a huge improvement.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #820 on: June 07, 2009, 02:12:07 AM »
Four days left till my CN comes!!! :D

I've been sewing up a storm, I'm trying to stock up on hammocks... but they're all standard flat ones and a pocket. But this is what I've accomplished:

The BEST batch I've ever made, except the purple hammock is made from stretchy shirt fabric and thin cotton... it was difficult to work with and came out thin and wobbly =/

And my first attempt at a pocket hammock! I just made a standard hammock and sowed GRRR sewed a piece of fabric over the top, then slit that piece of fabric and hemmed the edges. I don't know how others make pocket hammies...

Tomorrow I am sewing some more, maybe I'll even try a triangle/cube  :cheeky:

Italian  :doh:
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:15:42 AM by Pennytherat »

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
« Reply #821 on: June 07, 2009, 03:01:13 AM »
....oink...you mean sewed right?  ;)
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #822 on: June 07, 2009, 03:16:10 AM »
 :doh:

Offline SnS Rattery

« Reply #823 on: June 07, 2009, 03:10:34 PM »
Here are some pictures of my new CN before and during dinner. It's only been a couple weeks now, but I'm sold on this cage! The girls are so happy, especially mommas and daughters who finally get to be together. Litter training is still in the works, but is much easier to do with this cage.

On the menu last night; fresh bed of lettuce, raw quaker oats, homemade cornbread, sprinkle of cheese, mandarin oranges, topped with roasted sesame seeds.

Thought this was the cutest of all the shots. Dolce is chasing her mom Spooky down the stairs on the top level, June is munching down next to her mom Sabrina on the bottom level, and little Honey is trying to play with the kitty ball on the top level.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #824 on: June 07, 2009, 03:16:45 PM »
I LOVE that set-up you have there SnS! Monkeys! I am so getting some hanging monkeys this week.

Also, can you slide out/take off the little side levels too?

And undergunfire, what is the little stoolt hing you have and where do you get it?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 03:23:39 PM by Pennytherat »