Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 922761 times)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« on: December 30, 2008, 09:14:50 PM »
I unfortunately don't have one myself, but I've noticed a few CN pics on the FN thread, and thought, "Heck, I want to see all the CNs, and they shouldn't be controlling the FN thread!"
So I made this one! Conversations are fine so long as they don't stray too far from the subject. I wish I had one to show  :-\
Post away!
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:18:33 PM »
Here's mine!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 09:19:44 PM »
Wow, it's awesome!!!
That was fast :P

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Eugooglizer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 09:21:22 PM »
I adore your colors and I  :heart: the little blocks spelling L-O-V-E!!!

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 09:36:04 PM »
Thanks!  They love carrying those little blocks around.  It is cute watching them pick them up and move them where ever they decide!

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
Here is mine, i have had it about 24 hours and i LOVE it! I love the ease of cleaning it and it was so fun to decorate. My mom also got me a handheld vacuum and i can spot clean so easy!

Offline Eugooglizer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 09:54:13 PM »
Lauren I love your pink and green hammie--my bedroom is decorated in pink and green.  I also  :heart: that quilted pad on your lower level.  Do your rats actually sleep on it or seem to enjoy it?  My older lazy girl loves lounging around and I can see her on something like that lol.

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02:23 PM »
Where did you two get that double hammock thing? I want one!
I love seeing the cage set-ups! Keep em coming  :)

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 10:02:37 PM »
Thanks! The pad actually isn't quilted ( i don't think). I used a layer of cotton and a layer of fleece and sewed it like i was making a hammie. With one end left open i stuffed it with pillow stuffing, sewed it closed, and then just sewed lines up and down through the stuffing to keep it in one place. My girls really enjoy it. My hairless girl Alice and my agouti Sam lounge on it all day instead of in a hammie. Plus it is pretty hot here in FL, so the cotton cools them off during the afternoon.

Sam enjoying the comfyness!

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 10:06:33 PM »

Were you refering to the green and pink dot hammie in my cage? i made it myself but MRR sells something similar. I can't afford to buy right now so i try and make them myself.

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2008, 10:13:45 PM »

Were you refering to the green and pink dot hammie in my cage? i made it myself but MRR sells something similar. I can't afford to buy right now so i try and make them myself.

Yes, that one! I am sitting here with the sewing machine right now making up different hammocks and I think I might try sometime similar as well, it's a neat design.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:11 PM »
WOW, this is a successful thread, hardly an hour and 10 posts! I want one SO bad.

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2008, 11:35:38 PM »
I think we should all pitch in a couple dollars towards Penny's new CN....after all, she is our adopted rat loving child.   :cheeky:

Anyway, here's mine.  I'm giving it a good cleaning tomorrow, so I'll put more pics then.  These are the most recent I have.  Home to 3 little ladies.

Bottom half

Top Half

That cube has been chewed to smithereens, so it's been replaced with a pocket hammock.   ::)
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2008, 11:45:32 PM »
*drool*
I really am PO'd that I didn't get any money from Christmas, I usually get around 50 bucks from my grandparents alone! I have 4 dollars to pay for a $200 cage... :(
I literally spent all my money on clothes the day before I figured out what my dream cage was  :doh: :doh: :doh:

Offline lotsorats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2008, 11:46:41 PM »
I currently have a martins and its only a year old. I won't be replacing it anytime real soon. However just wondered how heavy is this cage? I can carry the empty martins (minus the pan) to the shower and spray it down weekly. Can you do that with this CN?

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 11:57:20 PM »
Definitely not the 162 model. It is very heavy. I don't think the smaller model would be able to be cleaned in the shower either. For my FN i take it outside occasionally and hose it down, but for the most part I use baby wipes to spot clean. Thankfully my girls aren't that dirty.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2008, 12:11:52 AM »
I think this and the FN are much easier to clean than the Martin's were.  For one, all the bars are in one direction...so it's easier to wipe and get everything off.  Plus, even though it's heavy, it's on wheels, so you can just roll it outside.  I can see how the Martin's would be easier to clean if you didn't have a deck or a yard to take it outside though.  For the cleanings I do every other day I just baby wipe the pans and spot clean with the wipes.  If I see anything gunky, I spray with the peroxide, then vinegar outside then just hose it down.  The peroxide/vinegar loosens everything so much that I don't really have to scrub.  I think wheeling these outside is a lot easier than carrying a Martin's around though.
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2008, 03:08:35 AM »
OK here is the whole cage

The top....aren't those hammies awesome  :cheeky:

The bottom with there new froggie sdh(adorable)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2008, 03:11:16 AM »
OMG, what's that awesome tent thing in the bottom right corner? It looks so fun!

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2008, 03:11:48 AM »
I think we should all pitch in a couple dollars towards Penny's new CN....after all, she is our adopted rat loving child.   :cheeky:

Anyway, here's mine.  I'm giving it a good cleaning tomorrow, so I'll put more pics then.  These are the most recent I have.  Home to 3 little ladies.

Bottom half

Top Half

That cube has been chewed to smithereens, so it's been replaced with a pocket hammock.   ::)

I have a couple extra $$$ to pitch in :)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2008, 03:21:39 AM »
OMG, what's that awesome tent thing in the bottom right corner? It looks so fun!
It's a Large pet tent that I bought at Birdworld(to bad there going out of business, good thing I got it for $12).  Here are a few sites you can order them from, or you can just google pet haven LG the pet tent
http://www.naturechest.com/pettents.html
http://www.mybirdstore.com/Huts_Tents-_The_Original_Hangall_Pet_Tent.html

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2008, 04:36:22 AM »
Oooh, nice!
Although a cardboard box seems a smidgen more... cheap  ;)
I'd be too scared Penny would chew it up. Although she's not one for chewing on shelters/hideys, anything pulled tight simply screams, "CHEW ME!" to her! For fun, I string yarn and denim strips tightly through her cage (hehee!).

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2008, 01:14:26 PM »
I currently have a martins and its only a year old. I won't be replacing it anytime real soon. However just wondered how heavy is this cage? I can carry the empty martins (minus the pan) to the shower and spray it down weekly. Can you do that with this CN?

The double CN weighs about 100lb, but it is soooo much easier to clean that the Martins. I use fleece covers on the pans and shelves, so I only have to do a major cleaning once or twice a week.

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2008, 01:45:43 PM »
Here are pictures of my Critter Nation. It kind looks like a ranbow threw up in it, because nothing matches, but the rats like it. I hope to have enough money around Valentines so I can make some matching liners and hammocks.

Full View

Top of cage

You can't really see it, but I have a Waffle House behind their couch.

Bottom View

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2008, 01:47:08 PM »
Here's mine! I just set it up yesterday!
The whole cage with doors closed

The top

The bottom

The whole cage with doors open

The top

the bottom

And just for fun! Spike exploring

Bunny getting caught eating

And Bug trying to get away from the flashy thing

P.S.- I could throw in a few bucks to get Penny a nice new CN! :thumbsup2:
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years