Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 826399 times)

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2008, 02:02:46 PM »
I see you have one of the deep pans. Where did you buy it? I need to get one of those for my cage.
Also, did you paint it? If so what kind of paint did you use?

Offline dani.

• Owned by 2 rats : Laverne and Shirley
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
-wimpers- I so desperatly need one of these :(

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 02:19:21 PM »
I got it from Bass Equipment (http://www.bassequipment.com/Cages/Ferret+Pans/default.aspx) and painted it with Black Gloss Rustoleum Spray Paint (http://www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=24). I really like it! I bought the second pan when I ordered the CN (I had a single FN before) but I don't think I need it, so far they've only been pooing in the bottom of the cage, of course, it's only been one night!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:24:43 PM by TankGirl9008 »
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2008, 02:29:15 PM »
I will be hopefully ordering mine this weekend. I get paid tommorrow, yay!
about 3 weeks ago I bought a bunch of fabric and I picked out this cool blue green with octopus/shark fabric for my girls. I've been saving it so i could make hammocks and such for my new CN. My girls never used hammocks they'd rather sleep in their igloo or in their collander, but hopefully they'll start.  ;D

Ratties: Ivory, Corky, Pipsqueak.
R.I.P boys: Mr. Jones, Ludo, Rocco.

Offline Katie_Cody

• Watties!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2008, 02:41:38 PM »
rodent_girl_1985, I really like your cage!  The setup is really nice ;D

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2008, 03:34:53 PM »
Thanks guys for the hinting of pitching in a few bucks for a new cage for Penny, but I'd feel terrible if I took money from you guys  :-[
Not to mention, Mom would flip if she found out you guys gave me money ;) "Grace, you're begging for MONEY on a chat forum?" :doh:

Here are pictures of my Critter Nation. It kind looks like a ranbow threw up in it, because nothing matches, but the rats like it. I hope to have enough money around Valentines so I can make some matching liners and hammocks.

LOL, nice analogy  :yelcutelaugh:
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »
*drools* Oh, I can't wait to get mine! I want the 9th to hurry up and get here (that's when we're doing Christmas here, and my mom promised me money towards the CN)!!

Everyone's setups look fantastic!

Offline RattieLove_84

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2008, 07:34:36 PM »
Wow!!  :o Everyone's cages look awesome!  (Even my fiance said they looked cool) I want to get CN's for my crew soooo bad!  :(  Maybe someday but with a new baby on the way (heh I'm due in 2 weeks) the funds won't be there for cages for a while I imagine. *sigh*  I am glad to see someone made a thread for this new cage option though. Now the girls or small rats can have a large cage without fear of escape...Finally!

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2009, 12:31:34 AM »
rodent_girl_1985, I really like your cage!  The setup is really nice ;D
Thanks! I always feel bad when posting pics of my cage because it doesn't look nearly as nice as some peoples. I just don't have the eye that some people do for setting it up. Not to mention that some of the items in my cage this week were hand me downs from my two ferrets (the couch, the long tube, and the red hammock). But my rats are having a blast, so I guess thats what really matters. I'm just in complete shock that the couch is actually still in one piece, I was making a bet with my mom yesterday that I'd find stuffing everywhere by this morning. Maybe the rats are learning that the stuffing makes the couch more comfortable if you leave it in.

Offline Drache

• The Crittery
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2009, 07:16:36 AM »
Cassie, Howl is going to have a blast in there when he finally moves in with your crew!

GUESS WHAT! I got enough donations over the holidays that with a little bit of my own cash, I can afford to get my own CN!!!  :hyper:

I'm trying to figure out which place is the cheapest to order from so I can hopefully have enough leftover to buy fleece and hammocks right away!

We're going with a red and black and flames theme! My red and black stealth wheel should be here on Monday.

Tankgirl, WHERE did you get the blue hammies with the frilly bits on the sides?! Those are fantastic! Also, I really like the idea of those extra deep pans. My rats have made a joint decision to NOT be potty-trained, and it seems like the deep pan would really help keep the poo in. However, if you still want to use fleece bedding you loose the ability to just tuck it under the pan like the short ones. I would love to get some deep pans, but the thought of them burrowing under the fleece and making a big mess out of it makes me cringe.

Thoughts? You think I could still use binder clips to keep the liners down even with the deep pans?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 07:40:35 AM by Drache »

PM me if you need help joining!

Offline rattix2

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2009, 04:02:39 PM »
Here's my CN as of 30 minutes ago. xP Today was cleaning day.

--> Rebecca <--

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2009, 04:42:06 PM »
I love that little white rat toy thingy! It looks like some sort of treat holder, is it? Do they use it?

Offline rattix2

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2009, 06:41:33 PM »
The rat toy thingy (ha) has a bell in it. A couple of my ratties do play with it, kinda pull on it, try to get it down, etc. I've never put treats in it, but that is a neat idea to try. :)
--> Rebecca <--

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2009, 10:24:51 PM »
I just ordered my 142 today!! I am so excited!!  :hyper: I will try to post pics when it comes but i have a problem with uploading. I cant wait to get my boys out of the SP exotic. It is such a pai to clean

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #39 on: January 01, 2009, 11:01:12 PM »
Cassie, Howl is going to have a blast in there when he finally moves in with your crew!

GUESS WHAT! I got enough donations over the holidays that with a little bit of my own cash, I can afford to get my own CN!!!  :hyper:

I'm trying to figure out which place is the cheapest to order from so I can hopefully have enough leftover to buy fleece and hammocks right away!

We're going with a red and black and flames theme! My red and black stealth wheel should be here on Monday.

Tankgirl, WHERE did you get the blue hammies with the frilly bits on the sides?! Those are fantastic! Also, I really like the idea of those extra deep pans. My rats have made a joint decision to NOT be potty-trained, and it seems like the deep pan would really help keep the poo in. However, if you still want to use fleece bedding you loose the ability to just tuck it under the pan like the short ones. I would love to get some deep pans, but the thought of them burrowing under the fleece and making a big mess out of it makes me cringe.

Thoughts? You think I could still use binder clips to keep the liners down even with the deep pans?

I'm so exited for you Rebecca, you are going to love the critter nation. I like the theme your going with, you'll have to post pics when it's all set up!
I was thinking when i get a deeper pan for my CN that I would try cutting a piece of carpet to size, but I'm still looking into what kind of carpet is safe.

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2009, 03:33:17 AM »

Thank you so much!!! I made those!!! ;D They're actually really easy, no-sew hammocks http://www.suzsugargliders.com/nosewaccessories.htm they're pretty fun to make too!

I don't know about using fleece with these pans, I think you might as well just use bedding if you get deep pans. But you could switch it up I suppose, sometimes use fleece with the original pan and sometimes use bedding...but that would probably confuse the heck out of your rats!

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2009, 04:17:16 AM »
Hm, there's no emoticon with a quivering lip... so this one will have to do... :(

IM SO JEALOUS! They look great! I hate my Petco cage... it sucks and it's tiny. I had $200 for a new cage, until my girls got sick and had to go to the vet a couple times. So the new cage will have to wait. It'll be a while though, because I have to get my rabbit neutered, and that will be $300. I got $150 for Christmas, but that will have to go toward food and stuff while I'm out of state.

I'm curious about how strong it is, and if it's as nice as the FN... it doesn't require tools, so is it as sturdy as the FN?

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2009, 04:22:59 AM »
*goes to jiggle her cage* Yep, it's pretty darn sturdy! It wiggles a little, but it's definitely solid! I absolutely love it! And so do my babies! They're so much happier now! No more scuffles, no more stashing (seriously), I even came home to a nice mini rat-pile tonight!!! This cage is AMAZING!!!

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »
Mine wobbles about as much as my FN (which means not at all). I actually find parts of the CN to be studier than the FN. The wire under the pans is a alot tougher.

Offline dani.

• Owned by 2 rats : Laverne and Shirley
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2009, 06:16:10 PM »
Hi, Sorry if I'm intruding into this topic, but I was wondering since you all are FN/CN owners, what your thoughts of myself purchasing a one level FN/CN compared to a FF.

I currently only have 2 girls, but plan on getting up to 4 boys (most likely only two or three though) later on.
The only thing is does anyone have a picture comparing a FF to a FN/CN? So I can see just how big these cages are?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks (:

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2009, 06:31:24 PM »
I have 4 girls and 1 neutered boy in a 1 level.  They have plenty of room.

Offline feelyourbones

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2009, 07:21:34 PM »
you guys are so lucky. no stores here sell them :( i've called at least 3 or 4 different petsmarts, a local pet shop & petland, they don't currently sell them & aren't sure if they ever will :(
cats; autumn, fuzzbutt, fluffy & pumpkin.
rats; snowball, oreo, dusty, spots, smokey, fievel & rattimus.

Offline kady05

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2009, 07:36:16 PM »
you guys are so lucky. no stores here sell them :( i've called at least 3 or 4 different petsmarts, a local pet shop & petland, they don't currently sell them & aren't sure if they ever will :(

I don't think any stores have them in stock yet. Everyone (from what I can tell) here has ordered them online  :)
-Kady

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2009, 07:40:41 PM »
I am soo excited!  :hyper:
I just ordered my CN from all pet furniture. I cannot wait to decorate it. Yay

Offline feelyourbones

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »

I don't think any stores have them in stock yet. Everyone (from what I can tell) here has ordered them online  :)

if that's the case, i'm wondering when they'll sell it in stores. i was going to sell my modified FN for the CN.
cats; autumn, fuzzbutt, fluffy & pumpkin.
rats; snowball, oreo, dusty, spots, smokey, fievel & rattimus.