Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 930578 times)

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2009, 08:08:47 PM »
I don't think they have an add on unit for the CN yet, either. But someone mentioned somewhere that you could always buy a second single unit later on and connect them side by side. I connected the two halves of my FN back to back, and used it as the bottom half of my rabbit cage. (The top is made of NIC panels)

(undergunfire beat me to it!)

I haven't seen this done and I am curious to see this. Do you have pictures? I guess I just don't imagine a FN as a rabbit cage!

Offline Ratty Krazy

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
Hopefully I'm going to be getting my CN with my income tax refund.  I can't wait.  I do currently have 2 FN's so I know the joy of cleaning and decorating these cages.  My whole rat room will be complete with 2 FN's and a CN.  I can't wait!!!  :hyper:
My rats think you are gross too!!
<:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~  <:3)~

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »
I don't think they have an add on unit for the CN yet, either. But someone mentioned somewhere that you could always buy a second single unit later on and connect them side by side. I connected the two halves of my FN back to back, and used it as the bottom half of my rabbit cage. (The top is made of NIC panels)

(undergunfire beat me to it!)

I haven't seen this done and I am curious to see this. Do you have pictures? I guess I just don't imagine a FN as a rabbit cage!

I have pics somewhere, I'll go try to find the pics and PM you.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »

Sorry that I'm just now asking this, but I'm trying to narrow down which wheel I will be buying for the CN (it's between the Stealth Wheel, the Comfort Wheel, and the Silent Spinner). I wanted to ask, was it hard to get the yellow connector part between the bars? Did you have to bend the bars apart any to get it to fit? And, is it easy to take off for when it needs to be cleaned? One more thing... I've heard that despite being called "Silent spinners" that they are very loud, and the one for my hamster was very loud, indeed... do you find this to be the case?

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2009, 03:21:17 PM »
The yellow connector fit perfectly between the bars, and it was very easy to put on, no bending of the cage. My girls are still getting used to it, but i have seen a couple of them use it and it makes no noise whatsoever. They might use it at night when they are most active but i don't here them.  It is very easy to remove also. You just have to unscrew the nob and it pops right off. I would definitely recommend it!

Offline Eugooglizer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2009, 05:59:39 PM »
Dangit y'all!  I was perfectly happy with my CL cage but the more I look at these pictures the stronger my CN Envy grows!

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2009, 11:29:33 PM »

Sorry that I'm just now asking this, but I'm trying to narrow down which wheel I will be buying for the CN (it's between the Stealth Wheel, the Comfort Wheel, and the Silent Spinner). I wanted to ask, was it hard to get the yellow connector part between the bars? Did you have to bend the bars apart any to get it to fit? And, is it easy to take off for when it needs to be cleaned? One more thing... I've heard that despite being called "Silent spinners" that they are very loud, and the one for my hamster was very loud, indeed... do you find this to be the case?

I can answer this because I have a silent spiiner in my cn. I was worried when i first ordered my CN that I wouldn't be able to get my Silent Spinner to connect to the side, they i took a closer look at the Silent Spinner. There is a slit on the round connector so you can attach it to smaller bars. So no bending bars.
I wouldn't suggest a comfort wheel, I had one for about one week before I returned it. It's so wobbly and noisey.
I really like the Silent Spinner and the Super Pet mesh wheel.

Offline Christy(myscratchcat)

• Posts Too Much!
  • I love rat kisses!
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2009, 12:51:05 PM »

I got my girls a Stealth Wheel from MRR for Christmas.. it is awesome! I have one girl, Pika, who runs alllll night long. I got the one on the stand but I believe you can get one that attaches to the cage. I just like the stand because it's easy to move to another spot. They are a little pricey but I believe they are worth it.
http://buggiebunkers.webs.com/
Heart In Hand Rat Sanctuary

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #83 on: January 06, 2009, 11:13:59 PM »
I just finished cleaning the cage and changing the liners. I bought a really cute fleece Playboy Bunny blanket today, and cut it up to make liners. I'm sure my boy Teddy is questioning why everything in the cage is pink.

Top Level

Bottom Level

And a funny picture showing my cats favorite place to lay when I'm cleaning the cage. She kind of blends in with all the stuffed animals.

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #84 on: January 06, 2009, 11:48:02 PM »
Aww I love kitties! I'm sure my cat Emily will practically live on top of my CN when I finanlly get in next Monday(OMG so excited :hyper: ) Good thing my rats don't mind her.

I love your play boy bunny liners  ;D
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Brandon16166

« Reply #85 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:26 AM »
what size binder clips are best for lining CN

Offline TnM

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #86 on: January 07, 2009, 03:41:40 AM »
My cage isn't very full yet, because I'm still searching and buying and building but here's what it's like tonight before I clean:

The top

The bottom

The whole thing

Enjoying all the floorspace

The blue hammock in the very top that's hanging down well... like it's got something heavy in it - that's the rat girl!

TY to the above poster for showing a silent spinner connected to the CN because I just got the one in the picture today and was doubtful it would connect properly!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 03:45:39 AM by TnM »
3 Girls in QT: Shady and Misha(the old ladies), and Blue Fairy
4 Boys: Spaz, Brother, Buddy, Valentino

RIP: Memory and Rattie Girl, Tinsel(amazing monkey rat), Ruby(The Gentle Giant), Holly(lil' tilty holly jolly rattie) - Gone from sight but never forgotten.

Offline ZooKeeper83

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Meep
« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2009, 06:14:04 AM »

I don't want to hijack, but I wanted to add to the answers to this quick.  I bought a Silent Spinner after having only wodent wheels.  I LOVED how easy it was to attach to the cage and to clean.  However, they're easy to break.  Within the first week, I snapped one of the tabs that connects the green half to the white half.  Within the first month I completely snapped the green half while separating the wheel to clean it.  Also, I could definitely hear when the girls with the spinner were running as compared to the wodent wheels.  I was a bit disappointed, because I really did love how much easier it was to clean.  :-\

Ok, back to the pretty CNs that I'm soo jealous of until I can splurge for one!  ;)
Owned by: Dopey the basset; Lacey the border mix, Stinky, Lila and Happy the kittehs; Diesel the ball python; Rosie the dumeril's boa; Chili the children's python; Angus the bearded; Petri the leopard gecko; Addy the crested gecko

Offline Brandon16166

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2009, 02:36:10 PM »
heres my girls Cate and Rattie in thir new CN (Cate has been carrying that peice of dog food around for about 10 minutes now  :yelcutelaugh: )

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2009, 05:36:57 PM »
haha. She's probably trying to find a nice new stash spot.

Ratties: Ivory, Corky, Pipsqueak.
R.I.P boys: Mr. Jones, Ludo, Rocco.

Ratties: Ivory, Corky, Pipsqueak.
R.I.P boys: Mr. Jones, Ludo, Rocco.

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2009, 11:39:48 PM »
Ahh I'm so jealous. Seeing your girls in their new CN really makes me want mine now hahha
Woah that waffle house hardly takes up any room on that shelf. I know the CN/FN has a huge floor space but its hard to visulize it. I'm deffientaly going to be needing to get some more things this Saturday before my CN arrives to it won't be totally bare.

What do you have at the bottom of your cage? It looks very soft and plushy :)

Offline Brandon16166

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2009, 11:48:36 PM »
its a cuddle cup I made

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2009, 11:50:37 PM »
No, I ment the liner :P I could tell what the cuddle cup was. You made that? *Sniff* I can't even thread a sowing machine correctly  :-\

Offline Brandon16166

« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2009, 12:01:12 AM »
oh  ;D... I sewd that by hand i cant thread my machine either, but the liners are towels

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #94 on: January 09, 2009, 12:15:03 AM »
Oh haha I don't feel to bad then, though I couldn't do that by hand either. I don't even think we have needles in the house(up until I was 10, I wanted to be a seemstress and would "repair" tears in my clothes, all the needles disapered one by one into my room and haven't been seen since)

Those towels looks really soft ;D

Offline Brandon16166

« Reply #95 on: January 09, 2009, 12:17:06 AM »
They are I dont even have towels that nice

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #96 on: January 09, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »
Haha
The things we'll do for our animals eh? ;D

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • The *original* Addicted2Ratsİ
« Reply #97 on: January 09, 2009, 04:54:43 PM »
Here's a few pictures of my new Critter Nation with the three babies inside.  :)

Toby showing off the top level:

Jack showing off the lower level:

Pic of the FN (on the left) and CN (on the right) next to each other so the big boys can get used to smelling/seeing the babies:

Deb

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #98 on: January 10, 2009, 07:33:56 AM »
I love it! And, of course, very cute rats. ;D

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #99 on: January 10, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
Oooh...I'm so jealous of the 2 Level CNs! I can't wait for mine to get here. I still don't know how I'm going to decorate it. Any suggestions?
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.