Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 990818 times)

Offline Animummy

Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2009, 03:03:52 PM »
Although my rattie cage isn't as great as all of yours but I've just added some toys that I made for them as well as the two I bought.
However, we just got good news. We have a huge cabinet thats coming our way soon and so we are converting it into a rat house. I love looking at all the pictures of your cages. Giving me loads of ideas on what to do with the cage when we get it!

Oh and incase you was wondering... yes the girls are in there, Annabell is in the vianeta box and Elizabeth is under the wood arch. They had enough exploring and went to bed :)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2009, 05:57:48 PM »
Do I see a tiny chair in there?? :shocked2: That's so cool!!
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2009, 08:44:41 PM »
Alright here are some updated pics of my cage this week:

Top:

Bottom:

And i had to share this freaky pic of Rosalie; she rushed the camera when i was taking a pic of her and her eye looks kinda scary, but cool

I currently have this set up and a pink set up but i think i am gonna make a dark blue/green/orange set up to make 3, just depends on if i feel like sewing more hammies  :cheeky:

Offline Lorlz

• Ritten
« Reply #178 on: January 23, 2009, 01:02:33 AM »
Oh my gosh, Lauren_22, that is an AWESOME picture! You must have very lucky timing. Your cage is pretty darn cool, too, I love your Nemo fish! :D Mine's not quite as fancy, but I'm working on it.

Top:

Bottom:

The whole thing:

Offline Animummy

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2009, 04:11:10 AM »
Do I see a tiny chair in there?? :shocked2: That's so cool!!
Hehe yes you did :D I got it from a charity shop yesterday. They had a table to go with it but I thought that would be pushing it a bit  :BlueDumboSmile: I tried getting a pic of Annabell sitting in it (of her own free will) but my camera is slow so by the time the picture took she was off it. I'll keep trying though.

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2009, 11:06:34 AM »
Animummy, are you planning on getting a larger cage soon?  I don't think the one you have is large enough for two rats, though it is cute and all.
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline arumberg

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Lounge
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
Scubbs:

However, we just got good news. We have a huge cabinet thats coming our way soon and so we are converting it into a rat house. I love looking at all the pictures of your cages. Giving me loads of ideas on what to do with the cage when we get it!

:rattysmiley:

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
I'm so glad one of my worst habits isn't skimming!  ::)  Thanks, arumberg  ;)
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline Animummy

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »
hehe it's ok scubbs. I'm terrible at doign that too and then people say but I said.... hehe... oops!

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #184 on: January 25, 2009, 01:05:09 AM »
Here's some pics of my new CN! I don't have much in there right now, because I'm poor LOL

Here's the cage the first night

This is what it looks like now.

Here Are some Pics of My girls.

Lilith

Lenore

Lola

Lacey

Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline tristan

« Reply #185 on: January 26, 2009, 03:46:46 PM »
Top:

Bottom:

Whole thing:

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #186 on: January 28, 2009, 03:05:30 AM »
I reaaaaallyyyyyyy like CNs even though I've been looking into Martins for longer. It looks so much easier to clean with more floor space. The only thing I likd about the Martins more is that the had more levels for climbing and exploring, but I could just add another balcony to the CN somehow...has anyone done this? Petsmart sells birdcage add on levels. I mean they'd be much smaller than the CNs level, but they're cheap and would work. I've heard of peple using other stuff too. Anyone?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2009, 09:39:12 AM by tysetsu »
Custom hammocks <3 Add Ty's Rat Shack on facebook!

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #187 on: January 28, 2009, 04:56:49 AM »
Had to split mine due to some unexpected new residence thanks to my weak hearted hubby....but I love him that way.   ;D

Top half with the two new little PEW ladies...and they USE the wheel unlike my downstairs ladies.

Downstairs...3 ladies live here.

Occupants...

Chloe

Button

Nibbler AKA Jail Bot (Named after the ruthless Robot in an Adult Swim cartoon)  Cute, yes...but don't get too close!
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #188 on: January 28, 2009, 08:07:17 PM »
Spice, Leah, Tansy, and Lyra's CN  :)...

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #189 on: January 28, 2009, 08:14:29 PM »
I love your cage undergunfire! It looks so cozy; is that one of the heart bowls you got from Target, definitely have to go get some now that i see how nice they are! where do you get your towels from? I can't ever find bright colors; I want to find some really bright orange ones!

Lauren

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #190 on: January 28, 2009, 08:16:56 PM »
I love your cage undergunfire! It looks so cozy; is that one of the heart bowls you got from Target, definitely have to go get some now that i see how nice they are! where do you get your towels from? I can't ever find bright colors; I want to find some

really bright orange ones!

Lauren

I just posted a picture of the heart shaped bowl in my Target thread  :P. I got those towels from Walmart on Black Friday for $3 each. I can't seem to come across pastel yellow or the pink anymore. I think they just ordered in other colors for BF. You can get awesome towels at Target on sale sometimes for $4 each...bright pink, teal, green, ect.

Offline Tane

• Iv a family of 7 rats, 4 pets 2 daughters and a BF
« Reply #191 on: January 31, 2009, 01:24:20 AM »
Ok so im not exactly posting my boys cage here but thought i be a bit different and post their "downtown" area i made for them.

Hoodini underneath the pagola

Thats one of my boys, Hoodini

and this is Mouse (closest) and Hoodini enjoying some good 5 star baby mush hehe

Offline baschlais

• Forum Enabler
« Reply #192 on: January 31, 2009, 11:42:56 AM »
First time I'm posting pics of my CN (love it!!)...   :D

(They love the toilet paper hanger)

Top:

Bottom:

Full Cage:
Brenda (owned by Zuzu, Pan, and Pelli)

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #193 on: January 31, 2009, 01:37:23 PM »
^^^You have so many neat ideas for accessories in your cage! That is so neat. Do you mind if I ask about that super long tube on your top half? Is it something that you made, or bought from someone?

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #194 on: January 31, 2009, 03:15:44 PM »
baschlais  I love how your ratties stuffed the cube FULL of toilet papper, how cute   Can they even get in their now :yelcutelaugh:

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #195 on: January 31, 2009, 03:36:51 PM »
This thread makes me want a CN very badly!!!

The SO just bought a lot of unnecessary and expensive airsoft supplies which means I think I'm entitled to a CN...

I'm just having trouble deciding whether I should get the one level or two level!!  I'm sure the one level would be more than enough for my four girls, but.....two levels would be much more fun to decorate :)
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »
You can't add on later so, personally if you have the extra money and you have the room I'd go with the 2 level.  I bought the 2 level for my 6 girls (7 girls if I can successfully intergrate one of them) and I just yesterday got another 2 level CN for my 4 boy's(used the 20% coupon I received, nice discount).  I love them.

Offline baschlais

• Forum Enabler
« Reply #197 on: January 31, 2009, 10:02:32 PM »
Schrute:  Isn't the fleece tube fun?  It was made by Wonderrodent and is incredibly well made.  The extra holes in the sides make it easier to go hunting for sleeping ratties...  I've had it for about a year and it has worn and laundered extremely well.  Her items are great!  I must admit, the girls rarely use the bird toys on the top half (the ladder with chews and small blocks that is stretched horizontally and the hanging colorful wooden toy).  The terracotta pot was a bust, too.  Even the hanging roll-around ball is totally ignored.  They seemed like such good ideas!  Oh, well...  I should just give them away on the forum.  Maybe someone else's ratters will enjoy them.

Andie:  Isn't the toilet paper a riot?  I've seen them climb into the cube, then pull the paper in after themselves.  It's a wonder they fit in there at all...   ::)

Does anyone have suggestions for something that could be used as another half-shelf?  I have a lot of wasted space in the lower level and I think another shelf would be nice (over the wheel).  What have you all used or tried?
Brenda (owned by Zuzu, Pan, and Pelli)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2009, 01:45:21 AM »
I just picked up these 2 wire letter trays at a garage sale this morning on my way to work for $1.00.  I figure I could cover them with fleece liners or something.  Now I just need to get someone here to help me zip tie them on.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2009, 02:36:04 AM »
Bachlais- I LOVE the toilet paper hanger! I MUST try that! Penny's definitely the type that would loooove to unroll a whole roll of T.P. and use it as bedding  :cheeky:

And I was glad to notice that the bottom of each level was made of the same wiring as the top of the CN - you can hang hammocks just as easily!
I decided I wanted a FN142 (which changed to a CN161) in September. I promised myself I'd make money. And here I am, it's March, and I have four dollars in change.  :doh: I really suck at stuff like that...
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart: