Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 990484 times)

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #250 on: February 08, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: I get to order mine tomorrow!! FINALLY!! I'm so excited!  :wav:

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #251 on: February 08, 2009, 09:48:57 PM »
Me toooooooooo!!!! Tomorrow's the day!!!

Offline Amaya

« Reply #252 on: February 09, 2009, 11:03:13 AM »
Drache, is that large green litterbox the bottom to a smaller cage?

My CN is supposed to be delivered today!   :hyper:

Update: The 162 has been delivered but I am at work right now and it is at my practically father-in-law's house since I live in an apartment and didn't want it left at the door. My boyfriend is finding out now if his brother or cousin wouldn't mind helping get it up the three sets of stairs. UPS says it is 111lbs.  :o
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:59:37 PM by Amaya »
Pet(s): Rocket the bunny and 2 dwarf rat girls - Crystal and Suzie Snowflake

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #253 on: February 09, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »
It shouldn't be harder than dragging a body up the stairs ;)
The 162 weighs as much as me!  :o
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline arumberg

• Posts Too Much!
    • The Rat Lounge
« Reply #254 on: February 09, 2009, 08:09:43 PM »
It shouldn't be harder than dragging a body up the stairs ;)
The 162 weighs as much as me!  :o

And you're familiar with dragging bodies up the stairs?  :-\    :P

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #255 on: February 09, 2009, 08:23:02 PM »
Hehehe, maybe an unconscious robber or two. xD Just kidding. Although, I did drag my bored friend up a set of stairs once. That would be the one that wasn't used to staying up past 3 AM.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Amaya

« Reply #256 on: February 10, 2009, 01:41:48 AM »
Lol. My boyfriend and his cousin got it up the stairs while I was at work.  ;D I've already posted this on the FN thread but I thought I'd post here too. :) The box looked terrible, it has several huge holes, but the cage is in great shape. Only the top half is decorated right now. I'm going to decorate the bottom half sometime between tomorrow and this weekend, I always have a bunch of fleece that I need to sew into hammocks.

So here's the top half of my new cage. :)  (the spot where the stairs are clipped up is now covered with a folded up piece of fleece they're sleeping on)

Closed

Open

And a pic of Crystal and Suzie Snowflake sharing the water bottle. :)

Pet(s): Rocket the bunny and 2 dwarf rat girls - Crystal and Suzie Snowflake

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #257 on: February 10, 2009, 04:06:04 AM »
2 new ladies are on the top.  The little PEWs that my hubby thought might be pregnant and didn't want to leave them in the feeder tank.  He's got a big heart, what can I say.   :heart:  On bottom are our 3 bigger ladies.  I did a little intro today, but our Jail Bot (we call her that because she very much resembles a vicious robot that keeps track of the jail on an Adult Swim cartoon called SuperJail!) well, she was pretty overwhelmed with it all.  Things were fine while they were in the tub, but when we put them in the newly cleaned and decorated cage and they started to dry off, Jail Bot got really aggressive.  I'll try again in a couple days.  It wasn't TOO bad, I do tend to overreact when they fight.  I just want to take it slow.

Whole thing...

PEW Paradise

Jail Bot and her minions' realm

And for anyone wondering how the heck I got corner hammocks in a CN...zip ties!   :wink5:  I put a zip tie around the end of the cage and just put the clip onto that instead of a bar.  If you've tried to put a corner hammock in one of these, you know it's impossible without some rigging.
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #258 on: February 10, 2009, 04:14:28 AM »
I see you found those baby teething rings too, Heather!  :wink5:
Penny likes to balance on them. It's fun to watch her rock back and forth trying to stay on xD
I finally have a babysitting job soon! Maybe I can get some more wiffle balls.

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #259 on: February 10, 2009, 04:32:13 AM »
If it's cheap, and it'll be a decent rat toy...I've got it!
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Christy(myscratchcat)

• Posts Too Much!
  • I love rat kisses!
« Reply #260 on: February 10, 2009, 11:07:45 AM »
And for anyone wondering how the heck I got corner hammocks in a CN...zip ties!   :wink5:  I put a zip tie around the end of the cage and just put the clip onto that instead of a bar.  If you've tried to put a corner hammock in one of these, you know it's impossible without some rigging.

It's so simple! I can't believe I didn't figure that out. My corner hammocks have been in retirement since the CN came.

Heather, I have the same thing going on right now with my own "Jail Bot". What is working well is opening the divider between the top and bottom of the CN and letting them all explore for an hour or so a day. I just sit next to the cage and referee. I really want them all to have full run of the entire cage eventually. Good luck to you!

Christy
http://buggiebunkers.webs.com/
Heart In Hand Rat Sanctuary

Offline Pot Pie

« Reply #261 on: February 10, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »
Whee! I ordered my CN last week, and it's already shipped and will be here tomorrow  :hyper:
Now it's just time to go max out my credit card on fleece and such!

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #262 on: February 10, 2009, 12:49:33 PM »
I FINALLY ordered my CN yesterday! I can't wait for it to get here! I ordered a new cage set, and I'll also be busy at my own little sewing machine making things for it (of course, they won't look as nice as the cage sets I order, but they work). I'm crossing my fingers and toes that I'll come super fast (like this week)!  :hyper:

I do that all the time with my current cage. A lot of decorations need a little rigging in it.

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #263 on: February 10, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

It's so simple! I can't believe I didn't figure that out. My corner hammocks have been in retirement since the CN came.

Heather, I have the same thing going on right now with my own "Jail Bot". What is working well is opening the divider between the top and bottom of the CN and letting them all explore for an hour or so a day. I just sit next to the cage and referee. I really want them all to have full run of the entire cage eventually. Good luck to you!

Christy

I'm still doing intros with my new guy too. It's not that anyone is picking on him, it's that he is the biggest cry baby. Anyone even tries to groom him he starts squeaking like he's being killed (then he runs over to mommy for protection ::) )

Offline Christy(myscratchcat)

• Posts Too Much!
  • I love rat kisses!
« Reply #264 on: February 10, 2009, 03:26:20 PM »
I'm still doing intros with my new guy too. It's not that anyone is picking on him, it's that he is the biggest cry baby. Anyone even tries to groom him he starts squeaking like he's being killed (then he runs over to mommy for protection ::) )

Howl is a cry baby?? LOL no way!  I'll have to message you... I actually took Loki's brother and two sisters!  Lots of intros.
http://buggiebunkers.webs.com/
Heart In Hand Rat Sanctuary

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #265 on: February 10, 2009, 03:56:15 PM »
cerulean blue - I just ordered mine yesterday too! I keep checking my order status, it's expected to ship today or tomorrow......*drums fingers impatiently*

I ordered from allpetfurniture - anyone know if it comes from them or Midwest warehouse? Cuz if I'm remembering correctly, it comes from Midwest and I think their warehouse is in IN, which means if it really ships tomorrow, then I COULD have it by Friday, I'm just over in IL!!!!!

I'm DYING to go get come fleece, I don't know if what I have now will fit. Maybe I'll just go pick up some sale fabric to make a whole set of hammocks and stuff to deck it out when it arrives to keep me busy while waiting.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2009, 12:50:50 AM »
Ok here is my Valentines day cage.  It took me longer to make everything than I thought but I am new at this sewing thing.
Ok top of girls Thhe clamshell one was my HOTM from MMR

Bottom

Whole cage

The Boys cage

Bottom

The whole cage

The girls were so excited so just because

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2009, 12:56:09 AM »
LOL!
I love how in your fourth picture, there are a pair of little rat feet coming out from under the 'one kiss' plush heart. :P

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #268 on: February 12, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »
LOL, I didn't even see that when I looked at the pictures the first time - that is hilarious!  :yelcutelaugh:
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2009, 12:59:38 AM »
Ha, I didn't even notice that!  It's a walking heart.  How cute.

Offline della luna

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #270 on: February 12, 2009, 07:23:30 AM »
Haha, I noticed that too!  At first I was like, "Is that heart standing up?" XD  Then I noticed that the feet were definitely not plush!

And I totally saw that heart bowl at Micheals the other day!  Is it bad when I wanted the bowl SOOOOO much, because I thought it would be the perfect rattie bowl... and I don't even have rats?
It's a full house!! 3 horses: Pixie, Tucker, and Bailey; 4 cats: Adam, Cassie, LuAnne, and Chester; 4 dogs: Friskie, Beau, Jemma, and Ruby; 3 rats: Pickle, Pepper, and Pretzel; 2 mice: Kirby and Lionel; 1 duck: Quackers; 1 hamster: Pancake

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #271 on: February 12, 2009, 07:50:15 AM »
Love the Valentine's set up!

My CN comes TODAY!!!!!!!

Today is cage cleaning day, so now I have to decide whether to put their pink valentine-y stuff in their current cage, or the CN! Can you move them into a new cage immediately? Or is that too stressful?

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #272 on: February 12, 2009, 08:20:57 AM »
I moved mine in as soon as it was ready!  They loved it!  New pics today! (Actually from a couple days ago but server was down :()

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #273 on: February 12, 2009, 08:39:00 AM »
I moved mine in as soon as it was ready! 

I was hoping someone would say that!!!!

Off to get all my other stuff done for the day so I can attempt to put it together when it arrives! I think a trip to the fabric & dollar store might be in order to celebrate as well!

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #274 on: February 12, 2009, 08:56:29 AM »
I put it together myself also.  Not hard at all as long as it comes in not broken or bent.  I had to bend open one little bar.