Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 982032 times)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #275 on: February 12, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
I am hoping it doesn't make anyone uncomfortable when I mention this(I don't normally think anything about it and I make jokes sometimes ex specially if it is a perfect situation for it)  Anyway The first one I needed a bit of help from my son, but the second one was in better shape and I put it together myself and I only have one arm.  So I think it's pretty darn easy for someone to put together.

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #276 on: February 12, 2009, 01:32:38 PM »
I put it together myself and I only have one arm

Dang, now I'm going to look REALLY bad if I don't put it together myself  ;)

Still waiting for UPS......I know the drivers wife, I'm about to call her & tell him to get his butt over here!!

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #277 on: February 12, 2009, 05:11:40 PM »
It came! It came!

And with the help of a 4 1/2yr old we put it together! One door is a little out of alignment and I did need a hammer, but other than that it was no problem, no damage.

Finished!

Bottom

Moved into the office, rats added!

Pie is either thanking a higher power or thinking "Geez ma, why didn't you get this cage to begin with??" (this is my 3rd cage in 6 months  :yelcutelaugh: )

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #278 on: February 12, 2009, 05:16:00 PM »
Wow, it looks great!! Hopefully, I'll be able to get mine into my room that quick... though I doubt it. I'm going to have to move a shelf, my current cage, the stand for my current cage, and clean up some.  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

I ordered mine from Ferret.com because they were having a 10% off sale, and I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet. It's supposed to ship directly from Midwest too. *goes to Ferret.com to check order status*

Edit: Woot! It made it to Jax, so if UPS is still delivering today, I might still get it!  :BlueDumboSmile: Either that, or tomorrow! Grr, and I have an exam tomorrow so I'm gonna be at school til 6 pm, instead of noon like usual.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:18:30 PM by cerulean.blue »

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #279 on: February 12, 2009, 05:23:56 PM »
I was thinking of you & hoping yours would come today too! Well, even if you have to wait til after 6pm tomorrow, it's SO worth the wait.

Um, and I still have some re-arranging to do in the office - the old cage still needs to be cleaned and moved into the garage, hopefully before Bob gets home  ;)

I had all this morning waiting, so I pulled out the old cage, vacuumed & cleaned real good in that spot, organized, etc.

But now I'm having too much fun watching them run around having fun I don't wanna clean the old cage!!

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #280 on: February 12, 2009, 05:26:06 PM »
Here in the clean CN! I need to sew up more hammocks for my crew, they get the same hammocks like every time  :yelcutelaugh:.

HEY....YOU LIKES MY CN  :hyper:?!?!

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #281 on: February 12, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »
Amy, your cage is awesome! You use the space so well :)

Gah I'd post mine but currently the camera cord is MIA  :P
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Punkygirl0101

• Posts Too Much!
  • Dogs-Cats-Ferrets-Mice-Turtles-Fish
« Reply #282 on: February 12, 2009, 06:06:49 PM »
Wonderful cages everyone! I have an FN, but I am going to be getting a CN pretty soon for my two new gals.

Your cages are giving me ideas! :)
4 Rats-6 Dogs-3 Ferrets-1 Hamster-2 Box turtles-15 Cats (including fosters)

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #283 on: February 12, 2009, 06:13:28 PM »
Geez, undergunfire, why didn't you use more space in there? It's sparsely furnished!    :yelcutelaugh:
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #284 on: February 12, 2009, 06:15:33 PM »
undergunfire: I'm sorry if you've been asked this question a million times before, but what are you using in the lefthand corner as that extra little shelf, where did you get it, and how are you attaching it? Also, is the entire thing wire or does it have a solid bottom?

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #285 on: February 12, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »
Undergunfire - don't you LOVE those cheap hanging jingly balls from walmart? 76 cents! Except they break easily xD I just cut the string that holds them together so I have separate jingly balls :)
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #286 on: February 12, 2009, 07:42:31 PM »
It came! It came!

And with the help of a 4 1/2yr old we put it together! One door is a little out of alignment and I did need a hammer, but other than that it was no problem, no damage.

Finished!

See I told ya it was easy, very cute 4 1/2yr old by the way.  Tell her good job and well done  ;)

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #287 on: February 12, 2009, 08:04:18 PM »
I moved mine in as soon as it was ready!  They loved it!  New pics today! (Actually from a couple days ago but server was down :()

Oh yay! Those are the liners and matching hammock I made for you! :) I was just browsing this thread to help tip me over the edge to order my CN for the girls in my rescue tonight, and I think that did it! :) I hope you are enjoying them!
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #288 on: February 12, 2009, 08:24:42 PM »
I do like them! Thanks.  The tray cover could have been about maybe an inch longer though.  I had to stretch it out a little and hold it with a binder clip to fit on.  I do love the pillowcase style though.  The others I have either clip on or tuck under, like this cover better!  They came out great though! Thanks again!!!!

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #289 on: February 12, 2009, 08:27:09 PM »
Good I am glad you like them! Darn, I will definitely add another inch next time then. I held it up to my FN and it looked right. I wonder if the CN is just a touch bigger? Glad you like the style! :)
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #290 on: February 12, 2009, 09:34:51 PM »
undergunfire: I'm sorry if you've been asked this question a million times before, but what are you using in the lefthand corner as that extra little shelf, where did you get it, and how are you attaching it? Also, is the entire thing wire or does it have a solid bottom?

Thanks, guys  ;D! My girlies love their cage packed...it just gives them lots of things to check out  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:.

Schrute...the shelf thingy in the corner is this basket off of a deep fryer that I found at a thrift store. All the pieces were priced separately, so I picked up this "shelf" for like $1. I attached it with little black zip ties. The entire thing is wire, but I just lay down a piece of doubled-up fleece in there and it works well. I like it because the metal power coating matches the color of the CN. I wish I had more! I can be on the look out at thrift stores for another one for you, if you'd like! Actually, I might even consider letting it go to you once I buy another CN and attached it to this CN, like I plan. If I let it go, would you like it?

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #291 on: February 12, 2009, 09:51:48 PM »
I do love the pillowcase style though.  The others I have either clip on or tuck under, like this cover better! 

Thats a good idea I keep trying to find a way to keep the liners attached and the girls keep getting under them.  These last ones I made I used hooks, I didn't figure this out till I went to put the boys in but I used the zip ties I had and put them @ the bottom to hook the hooks on.  I didn't do this with the girls and the hooks slide all over.  A pillowcase would work too and maybe just put a brick @ the open end.

Offline riverrat247

« Reply #292 on: February 12, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »
These are so freakin cool! I want one so bad now! I cant wait until we move so I can get ours!
Jess, mom to;

Brayden, the human child.
Sweet Pea, the boston terrier
Lilly, the chihuahua
Louis&Laina the rattie sisters
&
Lola the cat

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #293 on: February 12, 2009, 10:16:52 PM »
I just ordered mine!!! EEEE... The rescue girls are going to be so excited! And mommy (me!) is so excited because this will very likely shave an hour off cleaning time! (No small thing when it takes 1hr 40 mins -2 and 1/2 hours to clean everyone! And that's not even including my kids!) The martins have been hell to clean during the winter without being able to hose them off!

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2009, 09:14:31 AM »

Pie is either thanking a higher power or thinking "Geez ma, why didn't you get this cage to begin with??" (this is my 3rd cage in 6 months  :yelcutelaugh: )

Sounds like me!  Think we followed about the same path of cages recently!

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
You're a bad good influence on me! Just don't get any more cages!!!

*thinking I really like the liners in julztoni's cage....hmmmmm*

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2009, 10:05:36 AM »
You know where they came from ;)

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2009, 04:01:54 PM »
It's here, it's here, it's here!! Unfortunately, I'm still here @ school, so I can't even look at the box yet; I have to take my exam. :(

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2009, 04:03:05 PM »
Edit: Whoops, double post.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:42:52 PM by cerulean.blue »

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #299 on: February 14, 2009, 02:04:50 AM »
You guys are KILLING me here. I SO should not spend money on one, but I want one so bad! I only have 2 girls, so it would be logical to get the single, but I feel like it'd be too low and that would bother me but I cannot justify spending $140 on the single, let alone $240 on the double! AH. Now... how to make some extra money... or get someone to buy it for me lol.