Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 996134 times)

Offline kalijo

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #300 on: February 14, 2009, 12:46:25 PM »
You guys are KILLING me here. I SO should not spend money on one, but I want one so bad! I only have 2 girls, so it would be logical to get the single, but I feel like it'd be too low and that would bother me but I cannot justify spending $140 on the single, let alone $240 on the double! AH. Now... how to make some extra money... or get someone to buy it for me lol.

I know how you feel! I almost had enough money to get one, but I took in some newborn puppies that some idiot 'breeder' was going to kill.... and all that money has been spent on puppy formula. I is broke. :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2009, 05:44:10 PM »

What's that orange cube thing on the shelf?

Ahhh, I love seeing all of you guys' cage pics. I feel like my CN is going to be really bare when I first get it set up. I better get to sewing! Mine should be set up by Tuesday... I hope. I've got to finish cleaning my room, and take down a shelf that's attached to the wall way better than I thought it was. lol
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:46:07 PM by cerulean.blue »

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #302 on: February 14, 2009, 08:38:47 PM »
I got that orange thing at a second hands kids store.  It had the link toys attached to it and they fit inside it.  The blue door on the side opens and closes.  It is a little small but they still squeeze inside it to sleep!  It matches my orange stuff so I loved it!

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2009, 01:37:12 PM »
My CN right now (top and bottom, respectively... sorry about the lighting):

Offline Eugooglizer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it
« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2009, 01:40:46 PM »
Schrute, I  :heart: all the hammies!  Patterns are too cute.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2009, 01:46:37 PM »
All hammocks in both my CN and FN are from the hammock makers here. :)

Offline Trouble

« Reply #306 on: February 16, 2009, 09:26:26 AM »
I love how you have that blur in the first picture as somebody is zooming along.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #307 on: February 16, 2009, 09:58:35 AM »
Yep, that would be Belle. :) She ends up as a blur in pretty much every picture I take. ;)

Offline Trouble

« Reply #308 on: February 16, 2009, 10:20:47 AM »
Belle the Stealth Wheel destructo? She's a busy girl!

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #309 on: February 16, 2009, 10:26:12 AM »
That's her! She is always doing something she shouldn't. She loves getting in to trouble. :)

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #310 on: February 16, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »
Bah, today was my 1st cage cleaning day and my camera battery is dead!
It probably took me just as long to clean it as my old cage, but this is twice the size! MUCH easier to clean.

I need more stuff for it though. I have a wheel, an igloo, and then my favorite set from Chelsy including and envelope hammock, a corner hammock, a double decker, a large burrow hammock, a cube and a flat hammock. It still looked bare so I hung a fleece hat, added a cardboard box, and a little corner basket.

And I STILL have room. Off to raid the toybox!

Offline MizBiscuit

« Reply #311 on: February 16, 2009, 11:16:13 AM »
You guys are KILLING me here. I SO should not spend money on one, but I want one so bad! I only have 2 girls, so it would be logical to get the single, but I feel like it'd be too low and that would bother me but I cannot justify spending $140 on the single, let alone $240 on the double! AH. Now... how to make some extra money... or get someone to buy it for me lol.

I feel the same way. I only have two boys and dont plan on getting more or ever having more then say three at a time. And yet I am saving to buy the double. I just cant wait to move so I can buy it! I told husband that I wanted to move this year but I dont know if it will happen.
"Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
~C.S. Lewis

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #312 on: February 16, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »
I got mine set up earlier than expected!! The top pan is cracked and the corner broke off, so I'm going to call Midwest to see if they'll send me another one, and the deep pan I ordered from Bass isn't here yet, but once I was done cleaning I just couldn't wait to set it up. lol So here is my first CN set up:

Whole thing, doors closed:

Whole thing, doors open:

Top:

Bottom:

Rats Added:

I am sooo happy with it so far! I love how I can reach everything in it, and I love the hanging hooks under the shelves. I still have tons of room to hang stuff in it right now. I need to make more of that camo set, and more of the other set I have, plus shop around for tons more toys! It was pretty easy to set up. I did it (mostly) by myself. My dad only had to help me twice.  :D

I got that orange thing at a second hands kids store.  It had the link toys attached to it and they fit inside it.  The blue door on the side opens and closes.  It is a little small but they still squeeze inside it to sleep!  It matches my orange stuff so I loved it!

Oh cool. I think I saw something similar at one of the stores around here, but it was too small for me to get it. I guess the boys could've used it to escape from the girls every once in a while though. lol
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:48:44 PM by cerulean.blue »

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #313 on: February 16, 2009, 02:05:38 PM »
cerulean.blue - Do your's actually use the flying saucer?  I have one but have put it away for the past few months because they never use  It would be really cool if they did use it! it!

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #314 on: February 16, 2009, 02:21:53 PM »
cerulean.blue- I have that same tree house!  My girls love it

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #315 on: February 16, 2009, 02:34:10 PM »
cerulean.blue - Do your's actually use the flying saucer?  I have one but have put it away for the past few months because they never use  It would be really cool if they did use it! it!

They do sometimes, but they used the comfort wheel a lot more. I like the flying saucer much better because it's so quiet when they do use it, but I guess they liked the comfort wheel more. Maybe one day I'll switch them back, but I was hoping the longer I left it in there, the more they'd get used to it, and start using it more.  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Quote from: JTO
cerulean.blue- I have that same tree house! My girls love it

I know.  ;) Yours was the one that made me go look for it. It took me forever to find one, but I really like it. The ratties like playing in it too.  :thumbsup2:

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #316 on: February 16, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »
I tried getting them a Playskool car wash thingy, but they weren't too interested in it.  Apparently my rats don't like anything that everyone else's on here like!
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline baschlais

• Forum Enabler
« Reply #317 on: February 17, 2009, 10:27:24 AM »
Oh, wow!!  I LOVE that tree-house - it's adorable!  I finally conquered the scary sewing machine (I even learned how to fill a bobbin) and made my first set of cage liners for the CN.  At age 37, this was big step.   ;D   I kept forgetting to leave part of a seam open so that I could turn it right-side-out - argh.   :doh:   You'd think after the second time I would start to remember!  Next on the sewing list - cubes.

I love the idea someone mentioned earlier of using zip ties to create a secure place to clip items into the corners.  Otherwise the clip or hook just slips along the horizontal bar.  Great idea!!  And so simple to implement.

Pelli and the big girls, Pan and Zuzu, were successfully (albeit hair-raisingly) introduced this weekend, so I am looking forward to a full cage redecoration this weekend.  Thanks for all the ideas!

Congrats to all the folks who just got a new CN - enjoy!!
Brenda (owned by Zuzu, Pan, and Pelli)

Offline Shanna66

• Posts Too Much!
    • My myspace
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2009, 08:52:39 AM »

@cerulean.blue
what an adorable play house.  the main reason im getting a CN for my 4 is to we can fit in more toys for them,  i think ill have to get a playhouse for my boys

Pets name: Aiden
Adopt your own!

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2009, 11:58:12 AM »
Yay! I ordered my CN today! They say it should be here March 3rd at the latest.

**Crosses fingers it doesn't come damaged**

Now off to make liners!
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline OdysseyDesign

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattery Closed
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2009, 01:06:34 AM »
I caved and ordered a CritterNation. It came today! It will be the baby cage where all the babies will go into once they are 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old then when its time to wean - girls on one level and boys on another. I still need to add toys....

Edit: to remove the candid photos since you could not see much of the CN. Cute baby pictures exploring the CN can be found here http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4049575.msg4524215/,#msg4524215
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 01:59:04 AM by OdysseyDesign »

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2009, 01:12:20 AM »
 :eek: I caved and bought one tonight. My bank account is suffering.. eeeeek. Oh well, it'll be worth it. My girls will be happy & my boyfriend & I will be happy because it won't take us half an hour to clean it like it does with our current cage.

I only got the single because there was no way I could afford the double, or justify it since I only have 2 girls. I figure, when the time comes that I have enough money to get the double, I can probably sell the single for $100 and buy a double!

I'm so excited. It's estimated to be delivered between 2/25-3/5. How long did it take everyone to get theirs? Especially those of you in/around southern california!

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2009, 01:14:44 AM »
I luv the last pic, they look like they are smiling, so happy in their new home :)  The first pic of the babies looks like one of em' could get lost in that wheel lol.  I love the fabric, ex specially the flowers but they both match sooo well!

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »

I'm so excited. It's estimated to be delivered between 2/25-3/5. How long did it take everyone to get theirs? Especially those of you in/around southern california!

I bought mine the 18th, and it had the same date range for my delivery as well.  When I look at my UPS tracker though it says it should be here Monday (2/23).  Hopefully we both get ours soon!!

Offline Macie_and_Emma

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2009, 05:05:39 PM »
Here's mine this week: