Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 996144 times)

Offline Sailorsam

Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2009, 06:28:49 PM »
Ok, at the risk of sounding stupid, what's a CN or FN or FF? are these standard American rat cages or something? I'm English so we don't have anywhere near the amount of ratty stuff over here, there aren't too many ratty people here it seems!

And do you all make the stuff yourselves for their cages? I'm getting my first two little ratties on Sunday hopefully. They're two little rex boys from someone who had an unexpected litter. I'm just getting all the bits for their cage together. I've got a "Freddy 2" cage, i don't know if any of you know what that is? But it's 80cm long x 50cm wide x 63cm high. It's got a corner level which i've put half way up and i've covered the walls and roof with a cargo net, hammock (shop bought), Parrot ladder and a couple of wooden blocks that attach to the sides of the cage so they can climb up. I'd love to find out where you bought the hammocks and fabric tube things (if you did) or if you've got patterns for them so i can make them for my little men.

The cages all look amazing by the way, you all obviously really love your ratties to pieces! I can't wait to get mine :)

Thanks!

Sami
Mummy to Cookie and Crumble, two rex boys

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
Ok, at the risk of sounding stupid, what's a CN or FN or FF? are these standard American rat cages or something? I'm English so we don't have anywhere near the amount of ratty stuff over here, there aren't too many ratty people here it seems!

And do you all make the stuff yourselves for their cages? I'm getting my first two little ratties on Sunday hopefully. They're two little rex boys from someone who had an unexpected litter. I'm just getting all the bits for their cage together. I've got a "Freddy 2" cage, i don't know if any of you know what that is? But it's 80cm long x 50cm wide x 63cm high. It's got a corner level which i've put half way up and i've covered the walls and roof with a cargo net, hammock (shop bought), Parrot ladder and a couple of wooden blocks that attach to the sides of the cage so they can climb up. I'd love to find out where you bought the hammocks and fabric tube things (if you did) or if you've got patterns for them so i can make them for my little men.

The cages all look amazing by the way, you all obviously really love your ratties to pieces! I can't wait to get mine :)

Thanks!

Sami

Hello and welcome to the forum!  :wave2: 
Strangely enough, I'm Samantha ("Sammi") too!

CN is a Critter Nation Cage and a FN is a Ferret Nation cage, they are sold by Midwest Homes For Pets. A FF is a Feisty Ferret cage, and forgive me, I have no idea who makes it. 

I am not sure if they ship overseas or not, you would have to check their websites.

A lot of people on here make their own hammocks with fabric from the craft shop, or buy them at the pet store or online.  If you go to the Pack Rat Swap Meet section of the forum you will find that a lot of members make and sell hammocks for you to order.

Good luck with your little rexy men, we hope to see pictures soon!  :poke:
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Sailorsam

« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2009, 06:39:43 PM »
Ah, light now dawns and everything has started to make sense now lol, thanks  :o And thanks for the warm welcome! You're all very crafty over there then? Nobody makes things over here! I sew and have done since a little girl and just got a new sewing machine for christmas so i'm going to go hunt out some patterns and turn the cage in to a warren of fleecey tunnels and hidey-holes! Pics will be posted of the little chaps when they've settled in (No doubt i'll be on asking someone how i put the pictures on soon).

Thanks again!  :)

Sami
Mummy to Cookie and Crumble, two rex boys

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2009, 07:29:08 PM »

I'm so excited. It's estimated to be delivered between 2/25-3/5. How long did it take everyone to get theirs? Especially those of you in/around southern california!

I bought mine the 18th, and it had the same date range for my delivery as well.  When I look at my UPS tracker though it says it should be here Monday (2/23).  Hopefully we both get ours soon!!

I hope so!! I hope they actually ship mine before Monday. I looked at my status and it said that my order is a the warehouse. Ah.

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2009, 11:57:39 PM »
Ah, light now dawns and everything has started to make sense now lol, thanks  :o And thanks for the warm welcome! You're all very crafty over there then? Nobody makes things over here! I sew and have done since a little girl and just got a new sewing machine for christmas so i'm going to go hunt out some patterns and turn the cage in to a warren of fleecey tunnels and hidey-holes! Pics will be posted of the little chaps when they've settled in (No doubt i'll be on asking someone how i put the pictures on soon).

Thanks again!  :)

Sami
Welcome  :wave2:
The website rattributes.com has alot of available patterns for making hammocks yourself, and may be of some help to you.
Good luck!

Lauren

coliekumar

« Reply #330 on: February 21, 2009, 12:01:22 AM »
I caved and ordered a CritterNation. It came today! It will be the baby cage where all the babies will go into once they are 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old then when its time to wean - girls on one level and boys on another. I still need to add toys....

Edit: to remove the candid photos since you could not see much of the CN. Cute baby pictures exploring the CN can be found here http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4049575.msg4524215/,#msg4524215

How old are those babies pictured?

Offline Mischief Mistress

• Posts Too Much!
  • I <3 My Rats.
« Reply #331 on: February 21, 2009, 01:41:58 AM »
I caved and ordered a CritterNation. It came today! It will be the baby cage where all the babies will go into once they are 2 1/2 to 3 weeks old then when its time to wean - girls on one level and boys on another. I still need to add toys....

Edit: to remove the candid photos since you could not see much of the CN. Cute baby pictures exploring the CN can be found here http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4049575.msg4524215/,#msg4524215

Where do you get the blue pans at?
Mom to 2 kids
Lactation Consultant
Student Nurse!
Army Veteran!

Offline Aspen

« Reply #332 on: February 21, 2009, 02:55:14 AM »
heres one of mine..the other one is out of commishion due to showing up broken..badly...the first level of this one holds a few of my girls and the bottom level holds my 3 week old litter and their mom, the adult girls do indeed have food/water dishes..but they where next to me when i took the pic because i had just filled them XD and yes i know the girls side is a bit sparse..but thats because everything was being washed lol

Offline OdysseyDesign

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattery Closed
« Reply #333 on: February 21, 2009, 02:25:26 PM »

The babies are 26 days old...they were 24 days old on that photo.

coliekumar

« Reply #334 on: February 21, 2009, 02:29:13 PM »

The babies are 26 days old...they were 24 days old on that photo.

Thanks!  Ours here are 15 days old, so I was just trying to gauge size!  They are super cute!

Offline OdysseyDesign

• Posts Too Much!
  • Rattery Closed
« Reply #335 on: February 21, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
Where do you get the blue pans at?

I make the pans myself out of coroplast, the stuff they use to make signs out of as well as a lot of guinea pig people make their trays out of. I have some chewers (girls) and the tray has to be replaced every 2 months or so but I can buy a 4 ft x 8 ft sheet for $10 which gives me four 2 inch high trays or three 3 inch high trays. The boys' I have not replaced yet and Ive been using coroplast trays for about 6 (?) months now, something like that.

You can find the stuff at your local sign shops.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #336 on: February 21, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »
Cleaned the cage today.  I made my 1st cube and a corner hammock with a little pocket underneath for them to climb in.  I may put the babies in with them today for a little while.  They have all been together in the playpen all day and everyone is getting along good!

Offline JTO_

• Posts Too Much!
  • Got rats?
« Reply #337 on: February 21, 2009, 03:36:06 PM »
Mater! 

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #338 on: February 21, 2009, 03:50:47 PM »
Mater! 

My son picked it out!  So cute.  Mater and Sally are our dogs names too :yelcutelaugh: 

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #339 on: February 21, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
Mater! 

My son picked it out!  So cute.  Mater and Sally are our dogs names too :yelcutelaugh: 

Did you made the pads as well? I really like those. How do you get them to stay down?

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #340 on: February 21, 2009, 05:36:04 PM »
I ordered the liners through someone awhile ago.  Can't remember the name.  They have hooks that hold them down.

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #341 on: February 21, 2009, 08:25:30 PM »
What's the unicorn hammock thing? Great job on the corner hammock and cube! I haven't tried a corner hammock yet. I think that's going to be one of the next things I do... once I figure out how to make my normal hammocks look good. 

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #342 on: February 21, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »
The unicorn one is a honeycomb hammock from MRR store!  I got it for my daughter awhile ago.  She decorated this time so it went in :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #343 on: February 21, 2009, 10:04:08 PM »
Ok so I did a FULL cleaning today; washed pans, hosed the entire thing, etc. I also decided to switch all my sets to towels; IMO they work better than fleece at absorbing smells and they are chewed a lot less by my girls. (Also helps that walmart had some nice towels for $3.50). So here it is:

Top:

Bottom

Action shots:
Lexi-"mom these new cage pads sure is comfy!"

Lexi again- "look ma, no hands!"

Lexi Again!- "hey ma, is i allowed to chew dis?"

Jade- "this tube is very snuggly mom, i thinks iz gonna have a nap"

Lauren

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #344 on: February 21, 2009, 10:13:11 PM »
omg it's all so cute.

I need to finish cleaning up my room so I can properly work at my sewing machine and start making stuff for the CN that will hopefully be coming next week.

Offline Drache

• The Crittery
« Reply #345 on: February 21, 2009, 10:59:57 PM »

PM me if you need help joining!

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #346 on: February 22, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »
Drache, I love the first pic with teh little rattie poking his head out of the hanging flames bed. Your cage looks great, they sure do have plenty of toys  :wink5:.

Offline Drache

• The Crittery
« Reply #347 on: February 22, 2009, 12:53:01 PM »
Hahah thanks! I always feel guilty when I look at everyone else's pics because my cage seems kinda bare to me. But I actually have a few more than the recommended number of rats in there so I don't want to overcrowd them with too many toys. :P

PM me if you need help joining!

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2009, 12:57:45 PM »
I've been making so much rescue stuff lately, and I think it's time I sewed up some goodies for my own fur kids!  They's gonna be soooooo spoiled!   :wink5:
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline cerulean.blue

• Posts Too Much!
  • I'm up and dressed... What more do you want?
« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2009, 09:24:50 PM »
Today was the first cleaning of my CN. I know it's late for Valentine's day, but I put my new "Love Stinks" set in. The clubhouse hammock, heart hammock, flat hammock in the bottom and the heart basket are from AnimalHobby. I made the heart cube and my attempt at a pocket hammock is under the shelf on the top level.

Top level:

I don't know if you can read it very well, but the blocks say "Rats Rule."

Bottom level:

Whole:

Random pics of the rats exploring:

The rats all just had baths too, so that's why they look so scruffy.