Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 996130 times)

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #475 on: March 17, 2009, 11:33:29 AM »
My girls refuse to use any of the corner hammocks I got from MRR.  They don't like them for whatever reason!

At least the pocket hammock and the honeycomb were a hit.  They've already eaten all the fleece away from the inside  :doh:
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #476 on: March 17, 2009, 04:28:10 PM »
The girl's CN as of last night  :).

I use fleece or flannel baby blankets as "blankets" for the rats, to try to get them to burrow in those...rather then under the towels. Well, it doesn't really work  :P. I took one of those flannel baby blankets and safety pinned it to the top of the cage, to make it like a tent.

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #477 on: March 17, 2009, 04:45:21 PM »
That cage looks great!! It looks like they have tons of things to keep them busy. I might have to try throwing in a baby blanket. Mine go straight under the towels  ::)

Lauren

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #478 on: March 17, 2009, 05:10:29 PM »
I definatly need to get a CN :poke:
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #479 on: March 17, 2009, 05:12:04 PM »
My girls go under their liners everytime, the boys have been good about not going under theirs.  I tried the bricks on each side of the CN, nope doesn't work.  I'm thinking the pillowcase liners with a brick to hold down the open end would work.  The only bad thing is...I think they'd chew their liners more trying to get under them that way ahhhh ::)

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #480 on: March 17, 2009, 05:23:05 PM »
My babes stopped chewing theirs at all when I started clipping them down with binder clips, they just don't even touch them anymore!
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #481 on: March 17, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
My girls go under their liners everytime, the boys have been good about not going under theirs.  I tried the bricks on each side of the CN, nope doesn't work.  I'm thinking the pillowcase liners with a brick to hold down the open end would work.  The only bad thing is...I think they'd chew their liners more trying to get under them that way ahhhh ::)

I have tried every thing but the pillow case style. I may quickly sew 2 towels together next time and see what happens.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #482 on: March 17, 2009, 08:06:46 PM »
You'll have to let me know if it works, or if they end up chewing holes to get under them.

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #483 on: March 17, 2009, 08:19:08 PM »
You'll have to let me know if it works, or if they end up chewing holes to get under them.

I am betting they will chew holes, but we shall see! I really wish I could make cage pads that fit down inside the pan...but then I worry that around the edges that are uncovered, there will be more pee getting outside of the cage. Darn girls! They are worse than the boys  ::).

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #484 on: March 17, 2009, 08:27:24 PM »
The liners I make fit inside the pan(well sorta, I'm bad at measuring, I even put the pan on top the fabric and cut around and it is still off lol).  The girls do get quite a bit of pee and poos on the side of the cage.  But my boys are better about it, not much pee or poos on the sides but they do get poos out and on the floor.

Offline technoduckling

« Reply #485 on: March 18, 2009, 01:42:52 AM »
Omg.. you made a hole in the Stitch, lol!   :o 

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #486 on: March 18, 2009, 09:23:31 AM »
I just ordered my Critter Nation last night!  :hyper:  :heart: :hyper: :heart: :hyper: Woooooo! Now I need to go through all the pages of this thread for ideas. lol.

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #487 on: March 18, 2009, 12:27:47 PM »
You're going to LOVE it!

Offline Kitsune

« Reply #488 on: March 18, 2009, 06:35:29 PM »
figured I'd finally put this up in the CN section. no rats yet(9 days!) but I'll post pics then too...:D

Phoebe demonstrating the spacious accommodations of a CN 161. ;P

Tass and Mhera, sweet baby girl rats<br />Sam and Pheobe, the cats<br /><br />If you really want something, and really work hard, and take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way. -Jane Goodall

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #489 on: March 18, 2009, 06:53:29 PM »
I just got my replacement cage :hyper:  Now to put it together and hope that nothing is broken :)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #490 on: March 18, 2009, 06:56:05 PM »
How cute.  My cat jumped in the bottom of my CN when I was re-decorating.  I wanted to get as pick of her and the ratties in there but I couldn't find my camera :(

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #491 on: March 18, 2009, 11:43:57 PM »
Well if it's cat approved, I guess I'll need another one! My kittehs will be jealous that they do not have their own penthouse.

I've given up all hope that my fleece will stay intact.  My girls are just like yours, andie.  They want to be in between the two layers like a blanket, and will chew holes in the sides to get in.  I've just accepted that the corners will be shredded.  Once I tried to put something on each corner to stop them from doing it and they chewed a hole right through the middle.  :doh:

Mommy learned her lesson.
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Katherose

« Reply #492 on: March 19, 2009, 12:26:46 PM »
I finally got my one story CN!!! Huzzahzah! And here's a pic. :D

Tada! That's it. :D
RIP: FizGig, Whimsy, Pixel, Ned, Bod, Cricket, Alice, and Valentine.

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #493 on: March 19, 2009, 12:33:03 PM »
Well if it's cat approved, I guess I'll need another one! My kittehs will be jealous that they do not have their own penthouse.

I've given up all hope that my fleece will stay intact.  My girls are just like yours, andie.  They want to be in between the two layers like a blanket, and will chew holes in the sides to get in.  I've just accepted that the corners will be shredded.  Once I tried to put something on each corner to stop them from doing it and they chewed a hole right through the middle.  :doh:

Mommy learned her lesson.

Maybe purposely put holes in the corners/where ever they usually end up chewing so they can still slide in and don't ruin the liners?

Offline Kitsune

« Reply #494 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
katherose-congrats and it's cute! ...I'm so boring. no exciting colors in this house ;)
Tass and Mhera, sweet baby girl rats<br />Sam and Pheobe, the cats<br /><br />If you really want something, and really work hard, and take advantage of opportunities, and never give up, you will find a way. -Jane Goodall

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #495 on: March 19, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »
The rescue's CN

:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #496 on: March 19, 2009, 02:13:34 PM »
Dem is gatta be some happy rescue babies  :D

Offline MaevePotter

• Posts Too Much!
    • Meg's Magical Hammocks
« Reply #497 on: March 19, 2009, 03:05:27 PM »
They are, but I am happier because it took me only 17 minutes to clean one half, and it could have been quicker, but I was fiddling with the shelf configuration. :)

I figured it was a good investment because it would save me sooo much time and headache.

Also, Piranha is not completely happy because she SMELLS other girls! She was huffing at the gap between the pan and the crack showing beneath!
:heart: Loved by: Sean, Mittens, Honey, Little Bear, Pewpew, Thomas, Midget, Benjamin, Little Heart, Petal, Piranha, and Cricket.
Mommy misses: Dumbo, Piper, Emily, Merlyn, Theo, sweet Finn, Georgiana, Winston, Lily, Owen, Nicholas, Albus, Dumbledore, sweet Daphne, Fiona, Roger, Esther, and Caius.

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #498 on: March 21, 2009, 10:24:06 AM »
Decorated for Easter!!

Bottom

Offline xMiranda

• Ritten
« Reply #499 on: March 21, 2009, 10:46:52 AM »
Hi!
Where can you buy a Critter Nation?  :bow:It looks like or its bigger then a Ferret Nation is it? ;)