Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 995322 times)

Offline Macie_and_Emma

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #500 on: March 21, 2009, 10:52:43 AM »
You can buy a Critter Nation online... its just like the Ferret Nation except with smaller bar spacing, and without the possibility of add-ons (you either buy 1 or 2 levels and can't add any later on).  Many websites sell them online... allpetfurniture.com, studentmarketplace.com, as well as PetSmart, I believe.  I got mine from my work supplier, but if you do a search "Best place to buy a CN" you'll find the old thread.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #501 on: March 21, 2009, 11:08:19 AM »
Here is my boys cage today!

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #502 on: March 21, 2009, 11:56:33 AM »
Oo, what's the fleece fringed things in y'all's cages? And OMG our CN is in Richmond! We're only about 10 miles from the place if it's the building I think it is. I wonder if the UPS place is going to keep it there for two days since the scheduled delivery date is Monday or if they'll go ahead and deliver it today.... I hope it's today! It's so close I can TASTE it!

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #503 on: March 21, 2009, 12:12:30 PM »
The fleece things are fleece vines.  I make them when I am making hammocks with extra fleece left over.

Offline xMiranda

• Ritten
« Reply #504 on: March 21, 2009, 01:53:22 PM »
You can buy a Critter Nation online... its just like the Ferret Nation except with smaller bar spacing, and without the possibility of add-ons (you either buy 1 or 2 levels and can't add any later on).  Many websites sell them online... allpetfurniture.com, studentmarketplace.com, as well as PetSmart, I believe.  I got mine from my work supplier, but if you do a search "Best place to buy a CN" you'll find the old thread.

Thank you!   :love5:

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #505 on: March 21, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
studentmarketplace.com,

Just studentmarket, no "place". :) I bought mine from there and I had no issues. ;)

Offline kady05

« Reply #506 on: March 21, 2009, 05:00:02 PM »
I've had my CN for awhile now, but haven't posted pictures yet. Here's one of mine today after cleaning:

Not as full as a lot on here, but my boys bounce around a lot, so they need more floor space to run vs. having obstacles to.. run into  ::)
-Kady

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #507 on: March 21, 2009, 05:22:01 PM »
All decorated for Easter!

I got two of these egg bowls at Safeway!

And then just for fun, here's Bunny

Spike

and Bug
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline caleppert

« Reply #508 on: March 21, 2009, 06:21:05 PM »
What wrong with Bunny?  Is that a tumor on her neck?  That stinks.  I know I'd be worried about getting it removed with her jugular being right there...

Cool cage design though!  :thumbsup2:

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #509 on: March 22, 2009, 01:31:41 PM »
She's going in again on Monday to get the tumor removed and to get spayed! I'm excited, she's been having some mobility issues, but with the ramps so...not steep...lol, she's been doing a lot better! If I hadn't made the darn cube so big I could've made ramp covers, but I'm getting more fabric for that today! Here's her thread, it explains why she's shaved too :-[ http://www.goosemoose.com/component/option,com_smf/Itemid,118/forum,rat/topic,4052697.new/topicseen,topicseen
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Smidge

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie Owned & Approved
« Reply #510 on: March 22, 2009, 02:16:58 PM »
Can someone who owns a CN 162, a double unit PM me the pan and shelve measurements please.  Thank you in advance  :bow:

Also Foster & Rescue Mom to many :) What girl needs Diamonds when she could have Rats?

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #511 on: March 22, 2009, 02:22:27 PM »
Here in the girl's CN as of this morning. That is Tansy in the cute bunny cube from Smidge (posting more pics in Smidge's cube thread soon!)...

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #512 on: March 22, 2009, 02:59:32 PM »
Aww, is that Tansy in your avatar, too? She looks SOOO tiny! @_@

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #513 on: March 22, 2009, 03:19:21 PM »
Aww, is that Tansy in your avatar, too? She looks SOOO tiny! @_@

That is Tucker (Tansy's brother) in my avatar. Tansy is inside the bunny cube in the picture I posted  ;D.

Offline Smidge

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Rattie Owned & Approved
« Reply #514 on: March 22, 2009, 04:43:25 PM »
 I need the measurement of the CN 162 middle shelf. I know there is an opening for the ladder and I need those measurements also. Could someone be so kind and PM me the info please. I'll  :heart: you FOREVER!  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Also Foster & Rescue Mom to many :) What girl needs Diamonds when she could have Rats?

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #515 on: March 23, 2009, 08:35:27 PM »
yay, we finally get to post pictures here!  :hyper: It's going to be hard to choose just 10 pics, but I think I'll survive. Also, Smidge, in the other thread I started asking about measurements, I put the info for ya!  :thumbsup2:

This was so easy to put together! I had to bang a little bit to get it all lined up. One of the doors was out of alignment, but it didn't take much to fix. I put it together all by myself! After it was put together, I stopped to sew up liners. Now to make a sunflower cage set that matches, because it looks soooooo bare!

Full image

Bottom

"Kibbles in a boat? Cool!"

Wendy: "Whaz down dere?"

Sunny: "Mmkay ma, we's got new big house, time for new big igloo!"

"Holy moley dis place is HUGE!"

"Yay, I found the wheel!"

"New cage liners is comfy, but I likes de bird's eye view wit mah friend."

Purveying the new digs from a distance, Cat feels rather jealous that he never gets a new house or the chance to nibble on some Iris.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #516 on: March 23, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
 :shocked2:
Another CN! *is jealous* :P
I looooove it! Is that an egg shaped cube? And where did you get those animal rugs?
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #517 on: March 23, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
Amy - Is that brightly colored square design fabric at the bottom anything, or just fabric? I was immediately drawn to it, it's really cute!

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #518 on: March 23, 2009, 08:59:41 PM »
:shocked2:
Another CN! *is jealous* :P
I looooove it! Is that an egg shaped cube? And where did you get those animal rugs?

I'm so excited about this cage it's stupid. We got lucky with a really nice tax return this year, so we decided to spoil ourselves and the fuzzbutts with a CN. :D

I assume the egg cube you mean is the purple one? It's actually a regular cube that's been SUPER rattified. :D It went egg shaped because of the way I hung it, with two safety pins.

I got the rugs at Target for just $2.50 each! They are in the dollar section. There's more designs, two more that I saw. One has a monkey and one has a zebra.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #519 on: March 23, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »
ROFL! It looks easter egg shaped :P I wondered how you managed that :P
How many inches across ? I wonder if it would fit in the rat manor... well I need to leave now! I'll pick one up at target. for 2.50 I can risk it not fitting :)

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #520 on: March 23, 2009, 09:10:23 PM »
It's about seventeen inches tall and nineteen wide.  :thumbsup2:

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #521 on: March 23, 2009, 09:27:00 PM »
Amy - Is that brightly colored square design fabric at the bottom anything, or just fabric? I was immediately drawn to it, it's really cute!

That is a cage pad, but they use it as a blankie. I put it down there so that it would keep them from going under the towel liner, but it doesn't work  :yelcutelaugh:!

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #522 on: March 24, 2009, 12:10:21 AM »
Here's our cage this week

Top:

Bottom:
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #523 on: March 24, 2009, 02:16:21 AM »
OK, back from target, I couldn't find the animal rug :( Maybe they don't sell it at my location (CA).
But I did find some good Easter stuff to reinforce the cage with pastel colors :)
Pardon the dark pictures... I'm sitting down, the lights are dim, and I'm using my computer's webcam :P

Here's some food dishes I picked up in cute Easter shapes (they're both the same size, I'm just holding them funny), and one of the 95 blocks I got! :D My webcam reverses everything, so the R is backwards xD

Here's Heidi modeling the plastic basket I got and plan to hang :)

"Dis is mine. Yus. All mine."

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #524 on: March 24, 2009, 06:41:11 AM »
Aww, that's so cute! Too bad you couldn't find the rugs, but I love those dishes. And Heidi is adorable!  :heart: