Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 995076 times)

Offline della luna

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #600 on: April 13, 2009, 05:23:58 PM »
Okay, I need to stop posting my cage so much

Um... WHY?

For some reason I am addicted to looking at double wide CN/FNs  :heart:
It's a full house!! 3 horses: Pixie, Tucker, and Bailey; 4 cats: Adam, Cassie, LuAnne, and Chester; 4 dogs: Friskie, Beau, Jemma, and Ruby; 3 rats: Pickle, Pepper, and Pretzel; 2 mice: Kirby and Lionel; 1 duck: Quackers; 1 hamster: Pancake

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #601 on: April 13, 2009, 05:30:30 PM »
 :yelcutelaugh:  Okay, I won't stop!
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #602 on: April 13, 2009, 05:51:32 PM »
colie: I love love love the double wide cn :D So much decorating options! Hahah and I don't think you have enough of that mushroom in there.  ;)
Custom hammocks <3 Add Ty's Rat Shack on facebook!

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #603 on: April 13, 2009, 09:36:14 PM »
Yep!  The package actually got here when I was decorating the cage this time (I can't get packages here, so we have to pick them up from a friend's).  I sure do love those mushrooms!  :yelcutelaugh:
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Spiffy

« Reply #604 on: April 14, 2009, 01:55:46 AM »
I finally got my CN today!!! :hyper: :party: :hyper: I'm super excited. I can't wait to get some cute hammock sets in here! And of course, my other rattie! Sugar seems lonely all by herself in this big cage :puppy_dog_eyes:

Whoops I forgot to put fleece in the hangy ball before I got the pic :doh:

Sorry for my dog's tail on the right!

(The thingy on the wall is a temperature gauge thingy, not a giant bug :P)

« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 01:59:12 AM by MegsAndHerZoo »

Offline Salt&Pepper

• www.blogspot.com
« Reply #605 on: April 14, 2009, 10:13:58 AM »
My Boys Cage   :thumbsup2:

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #606 on: April 14, 2009, 01:05:48 PM »
My Boys Cage   :thumbsup2:

Umm, that doesn't look like a critter nation?

Offline squirrelsmom

« Reply #607 on: April 14, 2009, 03:57:58 PM »
Here are a few pics of my CN. It has mats in it now instead of loose fabric. My 4 boys love it!

Mom to 10 year old daughter-and the zoo- Ebony, Kaylee, Zack, Peanut, Aladdin, Lizzie, Salem, Socks, Smeeley, Rosie (the cats) Kovu, Annabell, Peekachoo, Presley, and Cooper (the dogs) Skittles, Pebbles (the bunnies) andCheerio, Niblet, Razzle and Waffles (the ratties)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #608 on: April 14, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »
Aren't the CNs wonderful!  I do want to let you know though, that bridge in the bottom of your CN looks to be a snak shak.  Those are made with pine and are not good for your rats, also I've been told they have a tendency to mold.

Offline squirrelsmom

« Reply #609 on: April 14, 2009, 05:14:12 PM »
It is a snak shak bridge. I do know that pine shavings are bad for the ratties- however, I have not found anything about these in particular. The oils in the shavings and the aroma that they give off is what is bad for their respiratory system. That, added to the release of the oils upon contact with urine increases the problem. My boys get their bridge for a limited amount of time each week- no more then a day at a time in the cage and usually only during their free range- because they like to run across it and leap onto other things/people. They do not eat it though. But, I have sent an email to the Rat Lady about the safety of the bridge anyway. But, here is part of the article from her site.
"There is strong scientific evidence that pine and cedar shavings are harmful to the health of rodents.  Both these softwood shavings give off aromatic hydrocarbons (phenols) and acids that are toxic.  The phenols, which give the shavings their scent, are the reason that cedar repels fleas and moths and why pine-oil is the major ingredient in Pine-sol brand disinfectant.  In the laboratory, autoclaved pine and cedar shavings have been shown to inhibit the growth of micro-organisms (Reference 1).  When animals are exposed to softwood shavings the aromatic hydrocarbons are absorbed through the respiratory tract and enter the blood." 

Mom to 10 year old daughter-and the zoo- Ebony, Kaylee, Zack, Peanut, Aladdin, Lizzie, Salem, Socks, Smeeley, Rosie (the cats) Kovu, Annabell, Peekachoo, Presley, and Cooper (the dogs) Skittles, Pebbles (the bunnies) andCheerio, Niblet, Razzle and Waffles (the ratties)

Offline BSP17

« Reply #610 on: April 15, 2009, 07:23:24 PM »
I just got my critter nation today! my daddy got it for me for my birthday!  :BlueDumboSmile:

doors open

doors closed

with rats!

its pretty plain right now, i wasn't expecting it so soon! after my tax return comes, they are going to get really, really spoiled!

and i was wondering, how did other people hook their water bottles up? when i did it just kept sliding on the sides and falling over. i ended up just zip tying a piece of hard wire cloth to the side and fastening the bottle to that.. i'm going to have to get a bottle that's refillable from the top ASAP cause that sucked to get on there!

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #611 on: April 15, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »
and i was wondering, how did other people hook their water bottles up? when i did it just kept sliding on the sides and falling over. i ended up just zip tying a piece of hard wire cloth to the side and fastening the bottle to that.. i'm going to have to get a bottle that's refillable from the top ASAP cause that sucked to get on there!

I use a water bottle holder. I have the same water bottle that you do, and Petco sells some nice metal holders that just hook right on the bars.

http://www.petco.com/product/105628/PETCO-Chew-Guard-and-Bottle-Holder.aspx?CoreCat=SmallAnimal_Prodi2

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 08:15:33 PM by coeurfragile »
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline BSP17

« Reply #612 on: April 15, 2009, 08:32:07 PM »

I use a water bottle holder. I have the same water bottle that you do, and Petco sells some nice metal holders that just hook right on the bars.

http://www.petco.com/product/105628/PETCO-Chew-Guard-and-Bottle-Holder.aspx?CoreCat=SmallAnimal_Prodi2

oh i didn't know they sold those separately! i was just going to try and find a new bottle!

cool, thanks!  :thumbsup2:

Offline della luna

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #613 on: April 15, 2009, 10:17:54 PM »
Everyone's CNs look AWESOME!  I am so jealous!

Maybe I can get my parents to give me a CN as a going away present  :cheeky:. 'Cause that's when I can finally get rats anyway!
It's a full house!! 3 horses: Pixie, Tucker, and Bailey; 4 cats: Adam, Cassie, LuAnne, and Chester; 4 dogs: Friskie, Beau, Jemma, and Ruby; 3 rats: Pickle, Pepper, and Pretzel; 2 mice: Kirby and Lionel; 1 duck: Quackers; 1 hamster: Pancake

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #614 on: April 17, 2009, 03:05:58 AM »
Wooohooo! The fab five are finally all in the CN! We went with a more manly theme for the liners today in celebration of the boys moving into the harem.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Bottom

I have never seen these rats move so fast. Every picture I tried to take of exploring, they were either no longer in the picture or it was just a rat butt, waddling away. :doh: Our camera is about twelve years old, though, so I really can't blame it for being so darn slow. Here are the VERY few pics I managed to get, most of them when the boys stopped for a drink. lol

Our big boys seems so small in all this spaaaaace!

Garu needs me to move the water bottle higher, because he is not as tiny as the girls and this is just a tad uncomfy.

Tongue pics!
Garu:

Ratatouille:

Cat, STILL plotting on how to get those darn chicken nuggets

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #615 on: April 17, 2009, 03:09:42 AM »
GAHHH! I love tongue pics! *melts* hehehe!

All I have on my birthday list is a Critter Nation :) But my birthday is in September... and all my relatives/friends think I'm crazy because I want a cage for rats. Meh.
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #616 on: April 17, 2009, 03:18:58 AM »
GAHHH! I love tongue pics! *melts* hehehe!

All I have on my birthday list is a Critter Nation :) But my birthday is in September... and all my relatives/friends think I'm crazy because I want a cage for rats. Meh.

Yea!!!!  Another September Baby  :D  What day?  Mine is the 17th.  Virgo's rule :P

Don't feel bad mine all think I'm nuts too, we'll most of them.  And my mother....well she just gets all pissy anytime I say anything about the rats.  I'm surprised she didn't make some rude comment about my hot pink rat decal on the back of my car window or the license plate and frame in the front.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #617 on: April 17, 2009, 03:29:49 AM »
26th for me :)

Well, my family loves the rats (or at least tolerates them). But... a gigantic 230 dollar cage for them? Umm. A little strange on their part. Maybe I can uy one for myself by the end of summer if I work my butt off. :P
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #618 on: April 17, 2009, 04:11:52 AM »
I think people should be allowed their crazy wishes if it's their birthday! lol. The last time I wanted something REALLY expensive for my birthday was when I was a teenager too! I ended up working a summer job and giving my mom half the money to buy it, and for my birthday, she matched what I'd saved up, and let me have it as a present. Maybe that's an option? I can't imagine how tiny Penny and Heidi would look in a 162. LOL

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #619 on: April 17, 2009, 04:32:40 AM »
When I was in high school, I wanted a fringe leather jacket SOOOO bad.  I told my parents they didn't have to get me anything else.  Guess what I got for X-mas????   A ugly yellow poofy girlie coat (I was a metal head), a red corduroy coat and a bunch of clothes.  Maybe this is bad and wrong but... my mom always saved receipts encase things didn't fit or we didn't like it.  She'd always complain how I didn't like what she got me, well duh  :poke: I told ya what I wanted.  So I took back one of the coats(she made me keep the yellow one) and half of the clothes that I would never wear.  I ended up getting the jacket I wanted and money to spare.

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #620 on: April 17, 2009, 06:59:00 PM »

Hahahahahaha!!!  That is fabulous.  My cats did this ONE time...they were brutally swatted and huffed at by big poofy rats and they never did it again.  Every now and then one of them will go behind the cages and we'll hear a loud cat screech....later on we find a tuft of their hair in a hammock being used as a pillow.   :yelcutelaugh:
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Lauren_22

• Posts Too Much!
  • "A house is not a home without a pet."
« Reply #621 on: April 19, 2009, 10:22:34 AM »
Well I haven't posted my cage in a while. I cleaned it yesterday and put in some of the new hammocks I received from Kalijo in the Spring Gift Swap. They love the yellow triangle hammock she gave me! Its def. their favorite.

Mouse/rat tube from Kalijo!

Bottom

-Lauren

Offline rodent_girl_1985

• Posts Too Much!
    • TinyDreamerzzzBezzz
« Reply #622 on: April 19, 2009, 01:32:05 PM »

Hahahahahaha!!!  That is fabulous.  My cats did this ONE time...they were brutally swatted and huffed at by big poofy rats and they never did it again.  Every now and then one of them will go behind the cages and we'll hear a loud cat screech....later on we find a tuft of their hair in a hammock being used as a pillow.   :yelcutelaugh:

My cat likes to sit on top of the critter nation (the double one, don't ask how she gets up there). She used to do that with the feerret nation as well. She liked to torment my one boy, Teddy. Everytime he put his nose through the bars she would swat it. He would get sooooo mad, all puffed up and hissing. I think he must have bit her once because I heard her screach and then fall of the cage. She was alright, but I didn't really feel sorry for her, she was asking for it.

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #623 on: April 19, 2009, 02:45:24 PM »
Heh. It's my roomie's cat, and he loooves to sneak into our room to watch the "dinner show". :D When we just had the three girls in the Martin's, I would wake up to a loud noise at night and he would be PLASTERED against the side of the cage, just hanging on so he could watch them in the very top hammock. He doesn't do it with the CN, thank god, but we catch him all the time right there on the bottom, having staring contests with Wendy.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #624 on: April 19, 2009, 04:28:38 PM »
I have critter nation envy so bad now!  I must have one arrrrrgggggggggggg     :puppy_dog_eyes: