Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 990904 times)

Offline Pot Pie

Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #750 on: May 23, 2009, 02:44:30 PM »
Cleaned the cage yesterday and have just gotten around to taking some pics...

The depth looks funny, that yellow and red double decker is extra long, and the blue monkeys fabric is actually an extra deep cube  :) I looove having the Wodent Wheel hung from the back. It's so much quieter and they've stopped hiding food in it/knocking it over when "tunneling"  ::)

The left door closed so you can see the basket hanging from the door--that's the point of the teal hammock at such a goofy angle.

It's the first time I've had nearly this much stuff hanging around, and everybody's really loving having so much stuff to climb around on.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #751 on: May 23, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »
coliekumar: where did you get the adorable fox/skunk/raccoon fabric? I neeeeeeeeed it!

That came from Mainely Rat Rescue, but I have the same pattern in that fabric you use for children's clothing and I got it from JoAnnes.  I haven't been able to find that same fleece anywhere.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #752 on: May 23, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »
coliekumar: where did you get the adorable fox/skunk/raccoon fabric? I neeeeeeeeed it!

That came from Mainely Rat Rescue, but I have the same pattern in that fabric you use for children's clothing and I got it from JoAnnes.  I haven't been able to find that same fleece anywhere.

I bought the fleece and I think it's flannel, could be cotton I'd have to check, in that pattern from Joanns. 

Offline scatteredbones

« Reply #753 on: May 25, 2009, 08:58:12 AM »
Hi,
  How do you guys have so much stuff/fleece or fabric in your cages?  My boys pee everywhere and I have to really minimize what they can have.  I have nothing covered in fabric.  I have wash cloths, a hammock with some old fuzzy socks, and some dig boxes, but no fleece or I think I would have to clean it every day instead of every 2-3 days.  Any suggestions?  Anyone been able to pee train their rats like they did for pellets?

Offline Pot Pie

« Reply #754 on: May 25, 2009, 02:31:10 PM »
Hi,
  How do you guys have so much stuff/fleece or fabric in your cages?  My boys pee everywhere and I have to really minimize what they can have.  I have nothing covered in fabric.  I have wash cloths, a hammock with some old fuzzy socks, and some dig boxes, but no fleece or I think I would have to clean it every day instead of every 2-3 days.  Any suggestions?  Anyone been able to pee train their rats like they did for pellets?

I have two neutered boys and a girl who marks horribly, and I've found that having the fleece actually sucks up a lot of the smell. My rats are horrible marinaters (they like to pee in their hammocks and then continue to sleep in them like it's not totally disgusting  :confused:), and having hammocks that are somewhat enclosed, like double deckers, really helps to hold some of the smell in the cage I've found.

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #755 on: May 25, 2009, 03:43:37 PM »
Guys guess what!!  Im totally going to order my critter nation sometime this week!!!  Im so excited!!    :hyper:
I miss having ratties!

Offline scatteredbones

« Reply #756 on: May 25, 2009, 04:17:36 PM »
Does anyone else have any problems with the construction of the critter nation?  I think the ferret nation one is so much better constructed but little girls can sneak out of it so that's it's downfall.  This no tools construction and the fact that everything comes apart so easily kinda irritates me.  But, then again, I do LOVE how easy it is to clean and how much room my boys have to roam.  Is there another one that has the screws etc?  The one I got about a month ago just kinda slid into holes and through brackets and if you move it or press to hard on the underside of one of the panels it comes apart.  Is everyones like that?

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #757 on: May 25, 2009, 04:21:01 PM »
Honestly, I *love* cages that go up and break down easily.  If I want to clean this cage, it goes a lot faster for me.  I was never able to put together my own FN (I am useless!  :yelcutelaugh: ) but I do okay with the CN.  The other added bonus for me was that I could just pull the side panels off to attach my two CNs instead of cutting the bars like the FN, but I am sure not everyone has that same concern  ;)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #758 on: May 25, 2009, 05:57:36 PM »
I can't wait! Mom says we are probably going to get the rats a CN when we remodel my room, which is when school ends in precisely ONE WEEK and a day!  :hyper:
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #759 on: May 25, 2009, 07:53:10 PM »
I guess its that time of year, everyone's getting their CN's lol. 

I cant wait to order mine.  I am going to order it once I give my bearded dragon to the rescue and clean my room, I need space!!  haha.  ( And no I am not getting rid of my beardie because I need room, I can no longer care for him properly, and the electricity bill is too high.)

I miss having ratties!

Offline MollyElizbeth

• Posts Too Much!
  • Baby Ratty!
« Reply #760 on: May 26, 2009, 01:15:30 PM »
Does anyone else have any problems with the construction of the critter nation?  I think the ferret nation one is so much better constructed but little girls can sneak out of it so that's it's downfall.  This no tools construction and the fact that everything comes apart so easily kinda irritates me.  But, then again, I do LOVE how easy it is to clean and how much room my boys have to roam.  Is there another one that has the screws etc?  The one I got about a month ago just kinda slid into holes and through brackets and if you move it or press to hard on the underside of one of the panels it comes apart.  Is everyones like that?

I have just the oposite problem with mine.  We had to bang it together with a hammer and just to move the base around (it was sitting uneven on the legs and wheels) it took two people and hammering to get the darn thing apart.  It does sway over if you lean on it or push it over, but nothing comes apart.  The biggest problem I've had is I will sit on the floor with all 4 doors open and play with the rats then sometimes when I stand up my head or shoulder will hit one of the top doors and it will go flying off becuase it just sits on 2 little pegs.  That is just me not paying attention to what I'm doing though.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #761 on: May 26, 2009, 01:32:20 PM »
The doors coming off so easy is my favorite part!  It makes it soooo easy to decorate!  Although, I will admit, I have had that happen to me many times, and it is not as fun when the door just goes flying.  ;)

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #762 on: May 26, 2009, 06:36:57 PM »
I have just the oposite problem with mine.  We had to bang it together with a hammer and just to move the base around (it was sitting uneven on the legs and wheels) it took two people and hammering to get the darn thing apart.  It does sway over if you lean on it or push it over, but nothing comes apart.  The biggest problem I've had is I will sit on the floor with all 4 doors open and play with the rats then sometimes when I stand up my head or shoulder will hit one of the top doors and it will go flying off becuase it just sits on 2 little pegs.  That is just me not paying attention to what I'm doing though.  :yelcutelaugh:

I had trouble getting mine together too! I tried to do it alone, because no one was home. I got the first half together no problem, but the top half would just not go into the pegs! I got out my step dads huge hammor(not really a hammer, but the actual name slipped my mind  :P ), to bang it together! Gah, it wasn't fun. And then I realisd I'd put the middle grid backwards(woops!) and had to take half of it apart and do it again. Boo

I always hit my head on the doors when I'm cleaning. It hurts  :'(  :yelcutelaugh:
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #763 on: May 26, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »
Ok after watching this thread for some time I am officially caving. I am ready to order my 1st CN. I was told to ask on this thread for a coupon code if anyone has one to offer. That is if your not using it. I would love you forever if you did!  :heart:

If you have one can you please email me at camarattery@yahoo.com.

I am hoping to order the cage tomorrow. 5/27/09 if possible.

Thanks in advance! And I will be bragging about it here of coarse! I will be getting 2 of them eventually. Maybe 2 1/2!
www.Camarattery.com  Colorado Rat Breeder

Offline Lakea

• My Space!
« Reply #764 on: May 27, 2009, 10:01:23 PM »
Cleaned the cage today, new look  :hyper:

Cage:

Top:

Bottom:

Offline Camarattery

• Colorado Rat Breeder
    • Camarattery
« Reply #765 on: May 27, 2009, 10:14:41 PM »
I don't even like green and I like that! That looks great.

I am so excited! My 1st CN is on the way, I ordered it today! I am ordering the 2nd one tomorrow!
 :hyper:
www.Camarattery.com  Colorado Rat Breeder

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #766 on: May 27, 2009, 10:18:31 PM »
Lakea... It's beautiful @___@ I loooove green jungle themes  :bow:
I'm getting my CN in June hopefully! But with moms you never know, it could be sooner or later, but either way I am pretty sure we're getting on this summer!

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline coeurfragile

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #767 on: May 28, 2009, 12:04:05 AM »
Lakea - I LOVE how you put their names on the cage! So cute!
Owned by three kittehs (Raja, Adrian and Audrina), and two pups (Sunny and John). Currently on a break from ratties.

Offline cheygirl74

« Reply #768 on: May 28, 2009, 11:57:59 AM »
here is my cage after our daily cleaning

the girls (the top) amelia, butterscotch and their momma camille

and the 4 boys (sons of camille) mojo, mickey and the two no names (still looking for new home) the bottom of cage

Offline RatPerson

« Reply #769 on: May 28, 2009, 02:07:04 PM »
Cheygirl74 those boys are adorable!!

I notice that some of you have those huge wheels attached to your cages. How do you do that?  :worry:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #770 on: May 28, 2009, 06:32:29 PM »

A little sneak preview of what'll be going in my CN :P That's my entire fabric collection. It's measly, I know... hopefully we can get to the fabric store soon, though.

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #771 on: May 28, 2009, 06:45:39 PM »
lol its more than what I have
I miss having ratties!

Offline RatPerson

« Reply #772 on: May 28, 2009, 07:58:38 PM »

I notice that some of you have those huge wheels attached to your cages. How do you do that?
Never mind I found it  ;D

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #773 on: May 30, 2009, 04:24:26 PM »
Why do I feel like I post too much???

Top Half:

Bottom Half:

And the single level I have:

One with the boys!

Offline tysetsu

• Posts Too Much!
    • Ty's Rat Shack
« Reply #774 on: May 30, 2009, 04:28:16 PM »
Too much? PSH! I say not enough!

The XL double decker looks great! And the cage looks awesome as always! So colorful  :shocked2:  :heart:
Custom hammocks <3 Add Ty's Rat Shack on facebook!