Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 995327 times)

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #825 on: June 07, 2009, 03:29:13 PM »
I saw these cages in person for the first time yesterday (and in use) and I have to say, I like these so much more than the FN (which I have currently). It was amazing seeing 2+ year old girls monkeying around and climbing up the sides of the cages to get into hammocks on the way top...climbing down the walls to get off the shelf rather than use the ladder...

It was just great seeing all the activity.
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #826 on: June 07, 2009, 03:30:59 PM »
Mine refuse to use the ladders Italianqt!  We only have them in the cage with the 2 year old girls so that they have an option.  It really is pretty great.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #827 on: June 07, 2009, 03:33:19 PM »
My rat manor (STINK!!!) doesn't have ladders, the rats refuse to use them! :P Aw man, I can't wait to see the CN in person, I don't know how many more hammocks I need to make or what to buy! :P
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #828 on: June 07, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »
And undergunfire, what is the little stoolt hing you have and where do you get it?

I got it from Target a few months ago for $2.50 in the "dollar bins"  :cheeky:.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #829 on: June 07, 2009, 03:40:01 PM »
Are you getting double or single level?  I have roughly 7-10 hammocks per level.  (I have a lot of hammocks, some people would say *too* many hammocks) You don't need to buy anything special for the CN, but it sure is fun!  You can get whatever things you want.  I like ferret tubes in mine.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #830 on: June 07, 2009, 03:59:46 PM »
Undergunfire, I need to get one! It makes the perfect little shelter thing.

I only have 10 hammocks total =/ I guess I'll manage though, I have enough fabric for one or two more, and boxes/baskets and stuff can fill up a lot of space :) I can't WAIT to decorate my own CN :3 Squeee! I feel like a dork because I'm so excited about a rat cage!

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #831 on: June 07, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
Grace, I have 6-7 hammocks on each level, and it works fine. I usually have one or two larger ones (12"x18") in the cage to prevent falls(Fuzz likes to jump, but isn't very agile). Mine LOVE tubes, so I usually have 4-5 in the cage since those usually get used the most.

Since Penny and Heidi have been in a (by comparison) small cage for so long, you may want to just give them half the cage to start out with so they don't freak out. That'll give you more time to expand your hammock collection :)
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #832 on: June 08, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »
That's what I was thinking Caitlyn. Then again, I don't see my girls being afraid of a huge cage. I dunno... I have plenty of boxes/baskets/ropes/pillows to take up a lot of empty space. I guess I just have to wait and see, I only know the CN from pictures :P

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #833 on: June 09, 2009, 05:56:01 PM »
I finally gave my girls a girly themed cage. Its all decked out in Pink, No more blues and greens. I think they actually like it.

The Top half with the new silent spinner

and the bottom half

Ratties: Ivory, Corky, Pipsqueak.
R.I.P boys: Mr. Jones, Ludo, Rocco.

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #834 on: June 10, 2009, 12:45:19 AM »
The Tampax box really puts a nice finish on your girlie themed cage :yelcutelaugh: It looks beautiful! I don't know why I put myself through this torture, I want a CN sooo bad! :(

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #835 on: June 10, 2009, 12:51:58 AM »
The Tampax box really puts a nice finish on your girlie themed cage :yelcutelaugh: It looks beautiful! I don't know why I put myself through this torture, I want a CN sooo bad! :(

Hear hear, on both counts!  I'm resisting until I move though, 'cause I'm going to Australia for a month in a little while and moving right after that and I know that if I get a CN I'll be tempted to get more rats and I really shouldn't do that right before I leave or right before I move so ... I must stay strong.

Grace -- If I ever get sewing again, can I send you a hammock set?  I'm always way more motivated to make things for other people than for myself. :)

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #836 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:03 PM »

Ditto here too.. such sweet torture though.. I measured a FN that was set up when I went into petsmart to pick up a few treats and dog food, and realized that if a CN is the same dimensions, it will fit perfectly where my current cage sits.  ::) so now i want one even more than i did before, if that is possible.. sheesh.
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #837 on: June 10, 2009, 12:24:34 PM »
haha... It wouldn't be a true girlie's cage with out it. They love their Tampax box its the only box wide enough for them to squeeze into. You should see them try to get into the cereal boxes.

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #838 on: June 10, 2009, 02:16:49 PM »
haha... It wouldn't be a true girlie's cage with out it. They love their Tampax box its the only box wide enough for them to squeeze into. You should see them try to get into the cereal boxes.

Good point, my boys are getting a little big for cereal boxes... would it be too emasculating for me to put a tampax box in their cage?  (my boyfriend would flip for sure; he gets annoyed at me for emasculating the boys when I put pink in their cage...)

Offline britters

• yellowseptember
« Reply #839 on: June 10, 2009, 02:33:37 PM »
haha just tell him real men wear pink. I joke all the time with my boyfriend and tell him pink is his favorite color, sometimes he plays along with it.

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #840 on: June 10, 2009, 10:32:04 PM »
cama, is that purple thing a cat bed?  it looks so comfy with that igloo on top of it.
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #841 on: June 11, 2009, 12:10:20 AM »
Grace -- If I ever get sewing again, can I send you a hammock set?  I'm always way more motivated to make things for other people than for myself. :)

That would be awesome! I'm always in need of hammocks :)

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #842 on: June 11, 2009, 01:23:37 AM »
I think my husband's going to kill me...  ::)  I talked him into letting me adopt ratties, He let me "splurge" on my Martins 680,
and now... I just feel like my boys need more room - and I want a CN.  :BlueDumboSmile:

Tell me straight guys, how much room would three dwarf boys really have in a single level CN?

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #843 on: June 11, 2009, 01:24:50 AM »
Wouldn't you be worried that they could escape through the bars?  I know the CN has smaller spacing, but still... leetle dwarfss

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #844 on: June 11, 2009, 01:28:47 AM »
honestly, from looking at pictures here, I don't think they're that small that they could escape. But, if that turned out to be
the case, I know there's ways around that. :)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #845 on: June 11, 2009, 01:30:18 AM »
Dwarves are supposedly fine with 1/2" spacing.  I don't feel my 12 week old boy has any more room or takes up any less room in our CN than our huge 1000g boys.  It more depends upon personality and behavior, I think a single level CN would be great for them, especially if you ever plan to get more (how many do you have??) or introduce any regular sized boy rats.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #846 on: June 11, 2009, 02:13:53 AM »
I have 3 boys in a 680, and call me crazy, I just feel like they could use more room...
I'd LOVE to have more, but that'll be a while yet. :)

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #847 on: June 11, 2009, 02:16:55 AM »
I have 3 boys in a 680, and call me crazy, I just feel like they could use more room...

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #848 on: June 11, 2009, 02:18:21 AM »

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #849 on: June 11, 2009, 09:23:25 AM »

I have two standard-sized boys in a 685 and I don't think they have enough room either.  I think that cage is a singleton cage, even though it claims it can hold three.  It just... doesn't look like enough space; even with that whole extra level.  I'm for sure upgrading to a CN in September.