Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 995259 times)

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #850 on: June 11, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
First, I'd like to apologize for the triple post. My internet was being screwy last night.
I really think I'm going to be buying a Critter Nation... It's on sale right now, and my boys aren't able to get out every single day.
I hate it, but sometimes I just can't. That's a good enough reason, right? they need more room to play!  ::)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #851 on: June 11, 2009, 06:59:53 PM »
PorkChopandTwinkle, my girls don't get out every day either. That's the main reason I'm getting the CN (Squeee it's coming any day now!!!). It has so much floor space that my hyperactive girls need for play space :3
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #852 on: June 11, 2009, 07:26:33 PM »
Grats on getting a CN!! I can't wait to see pics!
Decorating a CN is going to be soo much easier than a Martins... i can't wait!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #853 on: June 11, 2009, 09:54:43 PM »
IT'S HERE!!!  :hyper:
I got home from swimming and there it was on our doorstep! We opened it up right away and nothing looks broken or damaged at all ;D
My dad is assembling it right now in front of me, it's been 5 minutes and the base/storage area is already done. I'm so excited! I can't wait to decorate it and get my girls out of that nasty rat manor!
I promise I'll take pics ASAP, I still need to figure this monster cage out :3

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #854 on: June 11, 2009, 10:41:21 PM »
 :wav: :blob5: :hello: :toothy9: :icon_cheers: Yay! As this thread was started by you, I know how much you have wanted one. Have fun decorating it!
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #855 on: June 11, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »
So my CN came a few days ago....  I put it together and MAN!  that thing is massive!!  lol  its as tall as me!!  hahaha

I need to get more hammies and another water bottle, and another litter pan and igloo.  But other than that its set up and Anastasia LOVES it!  lol

I miss having ratties!

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #856 on: June 11, 2009, 11:54:15 PM »
Penny: YAY! I am soooo excited for you! *off topic* I swim competitively too! It's nice to talk to a girl my age who understands swimming and loves rats ;D

Amyshizzle: That is one lucky rat! All that for one girl, she is SPOILED, just the way we like them :yelcutelaugh: Or perhaps there are some more on the way? :cheeky:

Offline amyshizzle

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #857 on: June 12, 2009, 12:02:19 AM »
Penny: YAY! I am soooo excited for you! *off topic* I swim competitively too! It's nice to talk to a girl my age who understands swimming and loves rats ;D

Amyshizzle: That is one lucky rat! All that for one girl, she is SPOILED, just the way we like them :yelcutelaugh: Or perhaps there are some more on the way? :cheeky:

Yep getting two babies on the 23rd.  =)
I miss having ratties!

Offline topoljes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #858 on: June 12, 2009, 01:04:44 AM »
After being so disappointed from not getting a cheap FN on Craigslist, I've been moping around wishing I could get a FN or, better yet, a CN. Well, I think the time has come...I believe I've convinced my dad to get me a CN as a graduation gift. I know that I could use the money for other things but I feel like I always use money for practical things (toiletries, college stuff etc...) and that finishing 4 years of college is a good enough reason to spoil myself and my ratties. I'm going to see if I can order it tomorrow  :) I love reading this thread and I hope to be adding to it soon!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #859 on: June 12, 2009, 02:24:06 AM »
>>Penny: YAY! I am soooo excited for you! *off topic* I swim competitively too! It's nice to talk to a girl my age who understands swimming and loves rats  ;D

For some reason it wouldn't let me quote you ???
Thanks!!! I'm so excited to have my babies out of that nasty cramped rat manor!

The top (with the girls exploring and loving their new cage!)

The bottom (with Heidi exploring some more :P)

And the whole thing next to the rat manor and my 5"6 self!

I'm just in love with this cage! There's room for more hammocks, but I ran out of grommets, binder clips, and binder rings, so I can't hang any more stuff until tomorrow. I'm also going to get another water bottle and litter box so they don't have to get lost finding water and a place to poop :yelcutelaugh: There's room for EVERYTHING in this monster cage!  :heart:

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #860 on: June 12, 2009, 09:07:57 AM »
Congrats Grace! :) You and your girls must be thrilled!

The top half of my CN. I never was able to get a good picture of the bottom half. Tuesday when I cleaned the battery died, the next day the lighting was so bad it wasn't worth it, and yesterday my poor little Bella broke her foot pretty bad(no idea how  :'(). They are all secured to the top of the cage, to make it easier for her to get around, and I've now added their wheel, water bottle, food dish and some more hammocks lower to the ground so Bells can get into them, so the bottom half is destroyed(things from the top I deemed "unsafe" were thrown in, hammocks halfway off because in the middle of taking them off I decided that she'd be able to get into this one easier ect.), but it's okay, the top is always looks the best :)
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #861 on: June 12, 2009, 01:04:25 PM »
So sorry to hear about Bellas foot, hope she makes a speedy recovery. :)
Cage looks great!  :)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #862 on: June 12, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear about Belle :( I hope she gets better soon. Could she have twisted it between the bars? I know Penny sprained her foot a few times from being clumsy while playing monkey on the bars.  ???

I'm just loving this cage, my only complaints are that one door is a little wonky, and that it's almost too big for my room! It sticks out from in front of my window... maybe I'll mess around with my furniture sometime and see if I can get it somewhere less awkward  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #863 on: June 12, 2009, 07:17:33 PM »
Aww thanks guys :) I hope she's better soon too. I miss my spunky little girl tackling my big boy randomly and winning  :yelcutelaugh:

I have no idea how she did it. I thought she just sprained it like Fuzz did in January at first, but it looks more severe than that. She has a bowed spine(at the base just before her feet it "dips" down, while in a regular rat it'd continue to be a curve), so losing the support of her right foot has made it so she can't support herself, and ends up dragging herself around(it'd be cute if it wasn't so sad :( ). I'm worried it may not be just a foot injury, so I'm taking her to the vet to see if they'll do X-rays to find out more. 

Oh gosh Grace I know! The cage is HUGE.  I had to re-arrange my entire room to get it to fit right  :yelcutelaugh: the things we'll do for our little ones  ::)  ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:23:09 PM by CaitlynRae »
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #864 on: June 12, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »
LOL, I need to move my bed to get it to fit right! :P I know this is the CN thread, but I wanted to share my goodwill/yard sale findings!

I've never found fleece at a garage sale! It's all just plain old fleece, like it was left over from a pillow or something that somebody made. It's great fleece too, all colors of the rainbow, solids and cute patterns :D

ETA - Haha, I just realized you can hardly see a thing in the picture. On the left is a heart shaped basket, then a plastic house thing, and then a pile of fleece with three plastic bowls on top :) There's also binder clips and rings below that.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:17:33 PM by Pennytherat »

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #865 on: June 12, 2009, 11:13:45 PM »
Gotta love garage sales, I got some stuff this week too :BlueDumboSmile: By the way everyone's cage looks AMAZING! I can't wait until I can set mine up! (In case you didn't read my post in the "Rat Tails and Mug Shots" I am getting a CN!!! For the full story check it out :cheeky:)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #866 on: June 12, 2009, 11:33:14 PM »
I read your thread! That easy, huh?  :o Took me... uhm... eight months to be precise :P

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #867 on: June 13, 2009, 10:12:54 AM »
WWWeeeeeeee I just finished placing my order for a double CN and 2 bass pans!!!! YYAAYY! lol Just had to share, can't wait til it gets here and I can post pics!
~Kristen and the gang

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #868 on: June 13, 2009, 04:56:37 PM »
YAY ladybug!  :party: You're just going to love the cage! I used to go to goodwill and pass by all the cool rat stuff and sigh that it wouldn't fit in the cage... but now I'm like OOH! That'll fit, and that, and that...  :P

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #869 on: June 13, 2009, 05:27:45 PM »
Grace, it only took you six months from the time you started the thread to finally get the cage. You must be thrilled. :)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #870 on: June 13, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »
But I wanted a FN for two months before I realized the bars were to big ;)
I am thrilled, I think for the first time in a long time I'm satisfied with my rat supplies xD

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #871 on: June 14, 2009, 01:58:41 AM »
Well, I caved! I talked my husband into it, and we're expecting!.... a Critter Nation, that is!  :cheeky:
I opted for a single, since that's all I could really afford :P and since 3 dwarf boys should do well in it.
Just going off measurements online, it's got more floor space, and it's taller than the 680!  :o holy cow!
I just hope it ships quickly.  There'll be lots of pics when it arrives!

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #872 on: June 14, 2009, 10:36:45 AM »

...and the kids exploring their new surroundings...

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #873 on: June 14, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
Schrute:  I love your matching colors!  My cages are always a mish-mash of assorted girly prints  :P

Penny: I've refrained from the Goodwill store because I know the stuff there won't fit in my Martin's.  Now I just may have to venture in!

Offline Stargirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • Nala and Dot
    • Star's Rat Rescue
« Reply #874 on: June 15, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »
I decorated the girls and Charlies cage today and they love it! I was also thinking about buying the matching rug to put in front of there Critter Nation (the rug is the same colors as the bottom Towel).

Bottom