Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1005983 times)

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #875 on: June 16, 2009, 05:12:16 AM »
Just bouht a single level CN to replace the 3 week old FF cage I thought would be alright for my 3 1 year old girls.....that FF stinks.  I really do not like that cage one bit.  Anyway, I got a little flowery with the decorating.   :yelcutelaugh:

They always hide on the top level of every cage, no matter how I decorate...so I decided to make them a privacy curtain this time.  They LOVE it!!!

With the curtain pulled back...
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #876 on: June 16, 2009, 02:33:11 PM »
That's so cute! I guess all of us girls need our private time :yelcutelaugh:
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #877 on: June 16, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »
I have orange, yellow and pink fabrics now! I'm sewing up some new liners... I've never done anything other than blue/green/purple randomness before :P
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline vintagerat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #878 on: June 16, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
Heather....you're new CN looks great! I love the idea of the privacy curtain  :)...I wonder if that would stop my girls from chewing up the fabric on the shelf, so they can hide under it...

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #879 on: June 16, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
ooooh, I need to try that! Maybe I could try to make it shower-curtain style, so it just scrunches back into place?

Ahaha, maybe they were embarrassed because they couldn't eat or poop in privacy  :yelcutelaugh:

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #880 on: June 16, 2009, 11:54:27 PM »
    :hyper:It's here, It's here, It's here, It's here, It's here, It's here, It's here!!!!! YAY! :party:

Now I jsut have to finish redoing the basement and the computer/art/rat room...poo :help:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #881 on: June 17, 2009, 12:31:12 AM »
YAY!!!  :party: Get to work on that room remodeling, we want pics!!  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #882 on: June 17, 2009, 01:29:13 AM »
ooooh, I need to try that! Maybe I could try to make it shower-curtain style, so it just scrunches back into place?

Ahaha, maybe they were embarrassed because they couldn't eat or poop in privacy  :yelcutelaugh:

I just put some eyelets in it and loosely hooked it up all around the top level.  There's an opening cut so they can get into the double decker.  I put an eyelet in the bottom part of the double decker and hooked it to the half level...so it's like a tunnel.  They like the design so far, but they've already torn up the bottom liner.  But they always do that...looks like I'm going to have to just throw a bunch of loose Dollar Tree blankets down like I did before and let them do what they want with them, which means they'll shred them and toss them everywhere, cause everyone knows that's a LOT better than a nice neatly pinned down fluffy liner.  :doh:
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #883 on: June 17, 2009, 01:38:45 AM »
cause everyone knows that's a LOT better than a nice neatly pinned down fluffy liner.  :doh:

Oh yes, they're much more comfortable that way! All that shredded fluff floating around. ;)

I should do the little curtain thing with the girls' CN :D
And in case you guys didn't hear, my moms says we are going to introduce a new rat (or... *some* new ratS  :cheeky:) before Penny passes on (not like we know when that will happen), so Heidi won't be all lonely. We'll have a nice roomy cage and everything. It'll be a while though, this fall or so.

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #884 on: June 17, 2009, 01:48:57 AM »
Grace, it is SO great that your parents are supporting you and your rattie love now.  I'm so happy for you and your new CN and your new future ratties.  And fall isn't that far away!  That's when I'm getting my next pair too and it's soooooooooooo long.  We can experience the joy of new ratties together!

Offline Bloo Cheese

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #885 on: June 17, 2009, 08:21:21 PM »
Well, I caved! I talked my husband into it, and we're expecting!.... a Critter Nation, that is!  :cheeky:
I opted for a single, since that's all I could really afford :P and since 3 dwarf boys should do well in it.
Just going off measurements on-line, it's got more floor space, and it's taller than the 680!  :o holy cow!
I just hope it ships quickly.  There'll be lots of pics when it arrives!

The measurements include the stand which is over a foot tall I think 14 inches maybe more (I lost the  tape measurer the other day)  so the cage isn't as tall as it seems but it is still huge.

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #886 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:49 PM »
Weee it's here!!  Arrived home from work tonight to find my CN *AND* bass pans sitting on my porch! YAY!!!  Put the cage together, no problemo!  Got paint for the pans and will have them in sometime next week but I had to put the girls in tonight because I just couldn't wait.  I know I know, patience is a virtue, lol.  I have the top and bottom separated since I have one quiet group of gals and on bRatty silly group.  A few pics below, my apologies for the quality, my camera battery was dead so these are with my cell phone.  More pics to come once I get the pans painted and all my hammies I've ordered arrive and I redecorate.

Miss Kiwi sez Why I in heah ma?  I no belong in kagez!  Lemme out!

Miss Bee sez Chek out mah hammie fwom Chelsey! Is alll mine!

Whole thing:

My bRatty girls wanting out to play!

Miss Bug, in my quiet group, trying to catch some zzz's

Offline Bloo Cheese

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #887 on: June 18, 2009, 11:14:01 PM »
looks great! remember to let the pans cure for 12-14 days after painting  :)

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #888 on: June 19, 2009, 04:04:14 AM »
looks great! remember to let the pans cure for 12-14 days after painting  :)

I just saw the thread about curing before animal contact.  Thanks for the info.  The can said 5-7 days for full cure so I though I'd be good, at least til I saw the post with the info from Rustoleum.  At least it's all here and in great shape!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Bloo Cheese

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #889 on: June 19, 2009, 06:01:16 AM »
your welcome  :rattysmiley:

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #890 on: June 20, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »
I just needed to share that my dad is ordering a CN 162 for me after the 26th! He bought my brother a flat screen tv I guess, and he called me up and said 'hey, i bought him a 300$ tv, and you deserve it more than he does, what can i buy you so it's even?' LOL i knew exactly what to tell him. YAY! I am sooo excited! my rattums will be too!
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #891 on: June 20, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »
For the CN162 can you make it so its split level? I know theres a ladder that goes down to the first level but can you make it so that its two seperate cages?
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #892 on: June 20, 2009, 10:37:50 AM »
yes, my understanding is that you can use it as two separate cages, i believe several people on here do it.
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #893 on: June 20, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »
I do, the ladder hooks up to close them off and I put a piece of plastic over the hole for good measure.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #894 on: June 20, 2009, 02:09:32 PM »
krazycatlady:  I keep mine split into 2 cages.  The ladder that goes from top to bottom level has a latch to secure it, plus once my bass pans are in, I will have both pans solid which will make it even more secure.  I keep my girls in two groups because half of them are high energy and into everything and th eother half are super laid back and they nitpick at each other otherwise,  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #895 on: June 22, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
Ok, I need some tips from the sewers/decoraters here. My new CN161 should be arriving any day now, and I want to make some liners
for it. I have looked through just about every page of this thread, and I couldn't find floor dimensions for the CN.
I might have missed a page or two, and I also searched the site for CN dimensions... I keep getting the overall cage measurements. :P
How many of you have found it easier just to cut some fleece and hold it down with binder clips?
And, can anyone tell me the dimensions of the floor and shelf? pretty please, with a  :BlueDumboSmile: on top?

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #896 on: June 22, 2009, 03:44:41 PM »
Porkchop, all I did was cut a piece of towel (or fleece) to size (a few inches extra) once I got the pans and clipped it on. It works just as well as pillow-case style or elastic banded ones. Plus it's cheaper and still as colorful if you use towels :)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #897 on: June 22, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
Ok, I need some tips from the sewers/decoraters here. My new CN161 should be arriving any day now, and I want to make some liners
for it. I have looked through just about every page of this thread, and I couldn't find floor dimensions for the CN.
I might have missed a page or two, and I also searched the site for CN dimensions... I keep getting the overall cage measurements. :P
How many of you have found it easier just to cut some fleece and hold it down with binder clips?
And, can anyone tell me the dimensions of the floor and shelf? pretty please, with a  :BlueDumboSmile: on top?

It really depends upon your rats.  Mine would pull up the cut fleece liners no matter how many clips I used, so I had to go with a pillowcase style liner.  One good thing about the pillow case liners though is that they are reversible!  I would try just clipping them down first and see how it goes.   ;)
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline LoveBurmese

• Hummingbird Ridge
« Reply #898 on: June 22, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »
Better pics now that my camera is working:  Pics with the lovely robins egg blue pans in a few weeks!

Can't wait for my new hammies to get here and then I need more shower clips!

Offline August

« Reply #899 on: June 22, 2009, 04:52:20 PM »
The dimensions of the pan are 24 x 36 and the shelf is 24 x 18. My girls destroy fleece and towels, but do not chew anything cotton or flannel at all. :eek: So I just sew them to fit the pans and attach them to the bars with safety pins (my girls do not chew these either). Btw both of those measurements factor in the seam allowance too. 
Jennifer ~
Girlie rats: Totoro, Catbus, and Totoro's surprise 11 babies!