Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1006527 times)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #900 on: June 22, 2009, 04:58:38 PM »
Better pics now that my camera is working:  Pics with the lovely robins egg blue pans in a few weeks!

Can't wait for my new hammies to get here and then I need more shower clips!

Oh wow! I might consider ordering bass pans sometime... I'm terrified my girls are going to get bored one day and destroy the pans D:
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #901 on: June 22, 2009, 09:11:02 PM »
OMG OMG OMG !! It's here!  :hyper:
I swear, the hardest part about assembling this was to get it outta the box!  :rattysmiley:
If you're new to this story, I ordered a CN 161 from petstreetmall. Not 100% satisfied with them, but
I ordered it on June 12th, and it showed up today. (and all for $135!)

I cannot believe how HUGE this thing is!!

Got it all decorated and got the boys inside... they went NUTS exploring! I found my cheap camera after they settles down,
but here's a few pics I snapped before the battery died. :)
(sorry for the bad quality, one of my next major buys will be a better phone!)
Whole cage

and FuzzyPants saying hello!

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #902 on: June 23, 2009, 01:16:28 AM »
The look on Fuzzypant's face say it all!  "this is for me? wow" lol

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #903 on: June 23, 2009, 01:34:35 AM »
I love fuzzypants!  :heart: He's like "THANK YOU MOMMY!!!!"

Here's my CN and a few pics of the girls, it's mostly the same stuff though.

The top

The bottom

The whole thing
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 01:54:03 AM by Pennytherat »

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #904 on: June 23, 2009, 02:34:52 AM »
???  Ok how did I miss it, I'm lost.  Grace when did you get your CN lol???  I knew you were wanting one forever and now you have a double, congratulations by the way. :D

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #905 on: June 23, 2009, 02:37:20 AM »
Lol xD I got it last week :) Look back a few pages ;) Thanks!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #906 on: June 23, 2009, 03:24:38 AM »
Penny, where did you get the heart and box thingies??? And, more importantly, do your kids use them?

Thanks everyone who replied with tips about liners. I'm gonna try my hand at sewing some pillow-case styles
and see how that works. For now I just cut some fleece and tucked the edges under. My boys aren't horrible at chewing
or digging under things, so I might be lucky enough to pull it off for a while.

I was messing around earlier while I was putting the CN together... did you know that a 680 will fit inside a CN?
Yea, you turn it sideways, and the CN's doors won't close all the way, but WOW!!
The boys keep running across the cage, and jumping off the shelf onto the hammock below it. I'm SO glad I bought this.
Not to knock Martins or anything, but IMHO, this cage is waaaayyyyy better.

Offline topoljes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #907 on: June 23, 2009, 11:41:38 AM »
... did you know that a 680 will fit inside a CN?

Yesterday I was hanging some hammocks in mine and my little sister (2.5 yrs old) was watching. She says, "You gonna lock me in there?" I laughed. So a CN can fit a 680 or a small child.  ;)

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #908 on: June 23, 2009, 12:48:39 PM »
Ya know, My neighbor has 3 boys, 11, 9, and if I took the shelf out, they'd all fit in there!
(And the neighborhood would thank me!!!)  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #909 on: June 23, 2009, 02:57:11 PM »
The bottom

Is that a tiny chair!!!!!!????????????????? OMG!!! :o Do they sit in it? :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #910 on: June 23, 2009, 03:16:16 PM »
The bottom

Is that a tiny chair!!!!!!????????????????? OMG!!! :o Do they sit in it? :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
Penny, where did you get the heart and box thingies??? And, more importantly, do your kids use them?

Hahaha, yep, I have two mini doll chairs from a garage sale, and I've caught Heidi sitting in the rocking chair ;)
I got the heart thing from a garage sale, and the wicker box is actually a tissue box holder! It's perfect for the rats because it's just a wicker cube with a hole at the top and an empty bottom. They LOVE it!

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #911 on: June 23, 2009, 06:11:31 PM »
The bottom

Hahaha, yep, I have two mini doll chairs from a garage sale, and I've caught Heidi sitting in the rocking chair ;)

That is too precious! :BlueDumboSmile: I love the fabrics in your cage btw, very pretty ;D

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #912 on: June 23, 2009, 07:34:47 PM »
yes, I love everything in your cage its very nicely done. And I do love the furniture. My goodwill has some chairs for dolls and i always look at them for my rats but I dont have my CN yet and they wont fit in my cage i have now so i always hold off.. they've been there for quite some time now, so i'll probably pick them up next time i go back so that i have them for my CN next month.
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #913 on: June 24, 2009, 12:14:39 AM »
 :o I totally missed the chair! That's awesome that they actually use them!
pretty, pretty please try to get a picture of them using either chair!  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #914 on: June 24, 2009, 01:26:00 AM »
Okay fellow CN peeps, I need you to help me decide something :)

So nearly two weeks ago now my little Bella found herself suddenly paralized. She's on steriods and doing well, but she'll never be normal *sniff*.
I was hoping she'd learn to climb up the ramps, but no such luck. She does however get around quiet well by dragging herself around on a single story. Because of this, I've decided to play Dr. Frakenstein and convert my two story CN, into a large one story cage by connecting the two half. I just can't decide how.

Way #1) Connect them lengthwise to make a double wide.
-Pro's
--Take up same length of wall that cage+hammock storage does now
--Gives everyone more room then the section of the CN they are in now
--Bella will have access to nearly all of cage
-Con's
--Will be on ground/ not be able to move well since so long and not on wheels
--Losing storage on bottom :(
Way #2) Back to back to make a cage 3'wx4'lx2"h(some one did that in the FN thread for their bunny I believe)
-Pro's
--Gives everyone more room then the section of the CN they are in now
--Bella will have access to nearly all of cage
--Could possibly scoot across floor along wall cage will be on to vacume(can't with double wide because it would litterally take up the ENTIRE space available)
-Con's
--Will stick out foot farther than CN does now
--Again, losing storage/hight

I'm stuck about which one :( I like the 4x3 one because I think Bella would us it more because she'd have to travel farther to get from corner to corner(where food, litter, and water bottles will be to encourage her to be active), plus things(in my mind) wouldn't be as squished together. I like the 2x6 one because it won't take up any more room than exiting cage/storage does now.

Either is fine, I just need help deciding :(

I know this thread is more for pictures, but I don't think anyone would appreciate me starting yet ANOTHER CN thread, so I hope you don't mind my mini hijacking Grace! :)

And now back on topic..
Haha, Heidi really sat in the chair? Oh my gosh, I hope you got a picture of that! :)

*Edit* oh, and I know a few people did not put their CN's on the stands. I pretty sure a few were members from Washington State. I've emailed Midwest, and hope they'll allow me to buy a second stand seperate from a cage, but I doubt it. Would any of those members in Wa be willing to let me buy their stand from them so my converted CN could be on wheels? I was thinking about building my own stand, but I have a feeling that'd cause alot more stress than it'd be worth. PM me Wa members if you're willing :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 01:44:47 AM by CaitlynRae »
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #915 on: June 24, 2009, 01:52:03 AM »
I say do one long, flat cage :)
Perhaps you could order a new storage section for underneath one section? That way you could keep the storage space underneath :)
And guys, I will try to get a picture of somebody in a chair  :thumbsup2:

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #916 on: June 24, 2009, 01:11:25 PM »
Perhaps you could order a new storage section for underneath one section? That way you could keep the storage space underneath :)
And guys, I will try to get a picture of somebody in a chair  :thumbsup2:

I emailed Midwest, but they don't/won't sell individual peices of the cage *sniff*

YAY for picture. I'll be waiting!  ;)

Offline Pedropete

« Reply #917 on: June 24, 2009, 02:05:31 PM »
I bet you could get a few components of a some-what cheap (but decent) storage system from Target that the CN could sit on top of. Just an idea :)
my rat pack: Bear (dumbo agouti berk), Blanco (dumbo PEW), Zeke (black variegated berk), Darwin (dumbo hairless), Bandit (masked dark eyed white), & Ninja (mink capped)!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #918 on: June 24, 2009, 02:46:09 PM »
Ever feel like you're being watched?

FuzzyPants says "I demand Noms!!"

(sorry for the glare... his butt really isn't that shiny :P )

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #919 on: June 24, 2009, 04:39:19 PM »
I bet you could get a few components of a some-what cheap (but decent) storage system from Target that the CN could sit on top of. Just an idea :)

I was thinking that, but I had a day dream nightmare that the storage system crapped out a few weeks later and the cage fell off and everyone got hurt  :'( I'm a worrier  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline Pot Pie

« Reply #920 on: June 24, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »
I'd imagine if you put them together that cleaning would become a big hassle. If you wanted both doors to be usable, you'd have to have them both at ninety degree angles to the wall they're against, and you wouldn't be able to take the pans out I don't think?

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #921 on: June 24, 2009, 05:30:31 PM »
No, I don't think so. Colie has a double CN, Chelsey had a double FN, and I've seen a few other people have double FN's as well. I've never heard anything from them that it was/is a hassle. Even if it is, my little Bella is worth it :)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #922 on: June 24, 2009, 05:37:56 PM »
I have no more trouble cleaning my double than I did my single (wide that is) I usually take off the doors anyways since they are so easy to slip on and off, but I clean it just fine with the doors on as well.  I am *all* about convenience!  ;)
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #923 on: June 24, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
Even if it is, my little Bella is worth it :)

That says it all...  :laugh:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #924 on: June 25, 2009, 04:32:10 AM »
Pretty off topic... but hey, it's my thread ;)

I painted my room! No more dark purple overload! :D It's a light blue on my closet/door/mirror wall (the one with the least amount of wall showing because I don't like blue that much), and on the side walls it's a light green. On the back wall is blue and green stripes, with a little strip of white in between :) I luuurrrve it :3 My CN will finally fit in, and it will get more light and air because we moved my furniture around a bit. I promise I'll get some pics of my room and CN next week when the fumes die down  :thumbsup2: Plus, we got rid of my rug (ugly dark blue), and the rats will be able to pitter patter around on hard wood floor :)