Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1000487 times)

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1050 on: July 24, 2009, 03:00:16 PM »
Duckies! :D I love it!
What's that thing on the left on the top level?
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1051 on: July 24, 2009, 04:00:01 PM »
the colorful ball lookin thing? that is a bird toy i found at petsmart. if that's not what you were referring to with your question, maybe it's one of my corner litter boxes? lol
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1052 on: July 24, 2009, 04:10:08 PM »
Hehe, yeah I meant the colorful toy thing :)

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1053 on: July 25, 2009, 09:40:56 AM »
Grace, where are your CN pictures, hmmm?  You haven't shown pictures in an age.

I, on the other hand, am excitedly waiting until I can order mine.  I'll get it the Thursday after I get home, in the hopes it will arrive on Tuesday the 1st.  Joy.

- Nicole

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1054 on: July 25, 2009, 04:40:03 PM »
I haven't posted because I've been using the same liners and stuff until just recently... and then we couldn't find the camera cord... and now I have two weeks of new stuff and my dad needs to help me upload the pics  :(

I just got done with a deep cleaning, it only took me two hours to hose it down outside, wipe down all their stuff, and redecorate  :party: I broke free from the constant purple/blue/green decor, I have orange, pink, and yellow stuff in there this time! I promise I'll post pics this time!

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1055 on: July 25, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »
Been a little while since I posted my cage, partly cuz my camera sucks, and partly because it
takes forever to send the pics from my phone to my email. :P
Anywhos, sorry for the not so great quality, but here's a couple of my current setup.
(Someday I'll get pics of the boys exploring it. For now though, all they wanna do is escape!)

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1056 on: July 26, 2009, 02:18:20 PM »
How are Porkchop and Twinkie doing?  I still love those names!  I wasn't going to post in here until I had my new cage, but the wait is starting to get to me.  It will be one week tomorrow from when I placed my order.  I know that isn't a long time,  but it is starting to feel like forever. 

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1057 on: July 26, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »
Hey guys, still no pics :P
Is there a better way to keep fleece on the pans? Binder clips make it difficult to slide the pans in and out, and once you get them in, the clip's tabs don't stay flat and make the pan get all wonky.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1058 on: July 26, 2009, 03:26:48 PM »
How are Porkchop and Twinkie doing?  I still love those names!  I wasn't going to post in here until I had my new cage, but the wait is starting to get to me.  It will be one week tomorrow from when I placed my order.  I know that isn't a long time,  but it is starting to feel like forever. 

Ya know, it's weird that you asked, because i just went to visit them on Friday! The lady that took them did a WONDERFUL job
socializing them. They live in a double CN with 4 other girls, and the really unusual thing about this..... all 6 girls are black and white hoodies!
Anyway, Carmen (their new mom) showed me all the tricks she's taught them, like walking upright, and begging, Twinkie even knows
how to roll over! All her ratties know tricks!  :o It's awesome! They have a rat-proofed room with hardwood floors. I swear, it's a rat paradise
in there. I believe she said that they're out of the cage around 6 hours a day, which she spends most of that time in the room with them.

They didn't wanna be very friendly towards me, but I'm sure they remember that I once tried to feed them to a snake. (shame on me!!)
But those to girls are the ambassador rats that changed my life. I'm glad I was able to show them (even indirectly) that there's a better life.

So, in other words, they are SPOILED!  :rattysmiley:

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1059 on: July 26, 2009, 03:53:31 PM »
Hey guys, still no pics :P
Is there a better way to keep fleece on the pans? Binder clips make it difficult to slide the pans in and out, and once you get them in, the clip's tabs don't stay flat and make the pan get all wonky.

I'm planning on making my liners foldover style, with each edge sewn so you can slide the pan into it, with little clips on one edge so the pan can easily be placed in the liner.  In addition I'll probably make elastic or fabric fixers that go over each corner in order to prevent pulling of the liners.  I can send you my planned pattern, if you want, though I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how well it will work.

I want to teach my boys to do tricks, but I keep getting distracted by playing with them.  But I plan to do so as soon as I get back.

Offline RatAttack59

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat Chick Rat Rescue
« Reply #1060 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:09 PM »
My daughter is great at taking pictures - when the ages are at their very dirtiest.  I did get her to take some pics today, after we power washed the CN and the FN.  Anita and Addie have joined our other six girls in the CN (Anita is the hairless, Addie is the agouti hooded).  Not nearly so well decorated, but they ate the tube abd the cube, so we need to do some more sewing:

Top of the CN:

bottom of the CN:

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 08:53:24 PM by RatAttack59 »
Jackson~George~Theo
Simon~Truffle
Romeo~ Othello~Sam
Wilbur~Moe~Captain~Felix
Mini Moe~Maisy~Midge

Missing our babies at the bridge
http://www.ratchickratrescue.com/

Offline lilchris_28

« Reply #1061 on: July 27, 2009, 12:32:15 PM »
I ordered my one story Critter Nation finally!  It should be here between 8/5 and 8/11.  It's going to be painful waiting that long!  :BlueDumboBigEyes:
Jenny W.
No, my dogs aren't rats too.

Mom to Ichabod, Vladimir, Tarzan, Oddball, Gabriel, Lacey, Anastasia, Atlas, Sylvie, Bella, Annie, and Isadora.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1062 on: July 27, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »
I ordered mine a week ago today....still looking out the window :)  Where did you order your cage from lilchris?

Offline lilchris_28

« Reply #1063 on: July 27, 2009, 01:20:51 PM »
Petsmart.com.  They have a Bill Me Later option.
Jenny W.

Mom to Ichabod, Vladimir, Tarzan, Oddball, Gabriel, Lacey, Anastasia, Atlas, Sylvie, Bella, Annie, and Isadora.

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #1064 on: July 27, 2009, 02:28:19 PM »
Petsmart.com.  They have a Bill Me Later option.

How does that work? I've never used it... How late is "later"?

Offline lilchris_28

« Reply #1065 on: July 27, 2009, 09:49:03 PM »
You have no interest no pymts for 90 days with credit approval.
Jenny W.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1066 on: July 28, 2009, 03:31:52 AM »
It came today!  I am aware that white is not the best choice for pee happy boys, but these are just some blankets I picked up at the thrift store.  I am trying to sew...we will see how that goes.  The old blankets will stay until I have enough money to buy nice new pretty liners, or make some myself.  The hammocks are all squished together, that is how my boys like them.  At first none of them would use them, but now they are slowly liking them.  I hope to spread them out over time.  OK, less talk more show!  Way past my bedtime.......

Offline lilchris_28

« Reply #1067 on: July 28, 2009, 10:49:32 AM »
Oh, my!  My cage is out for delivery!  It wasn't suppose to be here until between 8/5 and 8/11.  It's almost here!

I wish I could get the tracking to work on my other package that has food and everything else in it.
Jenny W.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1068 on: July 28, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »
mcfate, I see nothing wrong with your cage as it is.  :rattysmiley:
Don't underestimate the power of blankets and towels, they save money, and they look great.
The bottom of my CN is covered in a big piece of fleece, tucked underneath the 'floor'.

I love the two hanging baskets, btw! Where'd you get them?

Offline topoljes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1069 on: July 28, 2009, 01:41:37 PM »
I used towels this week in the CN instead of the double layer of fleece and it is keeping odor down WAY better! I might just keep buying cheap towels at Walmart instead of the fleece since it's doing such a great job.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1070 on: July 28, 2009, 01:56:45 PM »
mcfate, I see nothing wrong with your cage as it is.  :rattysmiley:
Don't underestimate the power of blankets and towels, they save money, and they look great.
The bottom of my CN is covered in a big piece of fleece, tucked underneath the 'floor'.

I love the two hanging baskets, btw! Where'd you get them?

Thank you  :)  The baskets were at my local dollar store.  I just zip tie them to the bars of the cage.  The boys loved sleeping in them...but now they are getting big.  I think I may need to get some bigger baskets.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:01:18 PM by mcfate »

Offline hope4peace

« Reply #1071 on: July 29, 2009, 07:53:21 AM »
I finished the girls cn.. well almost.. I still want to make covers for the shelves, but here it is in almost all its glory. (well, it was done this weekend but I have been having trouble recovering the images)

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately. To suck the marrow out of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not yet lived." - Henry David Thoreau

Offline lilchris_28

« Reply #1072 on: July 29, 2009, 12:32:27 PM »
I'm not sure if it's because I was trying to put it together while sleep deprived, but I thought the cage was pretty difficult to put together.  It was easy, right up to when I was putting the sides on.  I think the little metal hoops to put the pegs in were a bit bent.  Once I found a rubber mallet, I was good to go.
Jenny W.

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1073 on: July 30, 2009, 04:50:55 PM »
Hope4peace, I LOVE your home made shelf! And your whole cage looks beautiful!

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1074 on: July 31, 2009, 03:22:23 AM »
I'm not sure if it's because I was trying to put it together while sleep deprived, but I thought the cage was pretty difficult to put together.  It was easy, right up to when I was putting the sides on.  I think the little metal hoops to put the pegs in were a bit bent.  Once I found a rubber mallet, I was good to go.

My side panels were also a bit off.  I think they bent in shipping.