Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1006740 times)

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1125 on: August 12, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »
Thanks the screwdriver is a good idea  ;)  I will be doing a deep clean next week.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1126 on: August 12, 2009, 02:42:32 PM »
We used a rubber mallet, I'm pretty sure it's just my floor though.
It's so easy to take apart, everything just pops together. A while ago we sent the rats off to a petsitter for a few days, and we broke the CN down in to a one level. Piece of cake!
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1127 on: August 12, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »
Why does flash always look so horrible?!  Anyways...

Girls Cage:

Boys Cage:

So far the combination of the pans and the towels has really kept the smell down, it has been great!

Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Rat_attack! On Twitter

« Reply #1128 on: August 12, 2009, 03:37:17 PM »
I am new too this...But I am ordering a cn tonight!! All the cages look amazing by the way!! I can't wait for it too get here!..I have some fleece cut out.. I got all the dimensions off this site..Thank you too everybody for all the info and sweet cage ideas.. I'll be posting pictures when it gets here!   :hyper:

Offline Rattyone

« Reply #1129 on: August 12, 2009, 06:47:38 PM »
Thanks a lot Pennytherat.  I had a crash course in sewing to make all the hammocks and things.  Does anyone else's CN feel like it sways back and forth if bumped.  I was just wondering how sturdy they are and if people have had any problem with them coming apart near the base.  Mine doesn't feel as solid as I thought it would.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1130 on: August 12, 2009, 09:19:04 PM »
Mine doesn't sway.  One of them leaned but.....that was cuz one of the wheels broke off during a move with it and has since been replaced lol.  Neither have come apart while just standing there with rats in them.  Only when I took it outside to do a deep clean and then tried moving it back in the house.  I lifted the top part instead of the lower section trying to get it up over the thresh hold lol.  <<<< should learn to ask for help sometimes I guess :P

So my answer is no, I've never had a problem with them not being sturdy.

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1131 on: August 13, 2009, 02:35:09 AM »
Why does flash always look so horrible?!  Anyways...

If you back up one page...I took a pic of my cage in afternoon sun for the first time, I think it looks better than the flash.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1132 on: August 13, 2009, 10:04:40 AM »
Thanks, I actually don't get any sunlight in my apartment otherwise that would have been my first choice!
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1133 on: August 14, 2009, 01:47:38 AM »
I ordered my double CN today. Can't wait to get it next week.

« Reply #1134 on: August 14, 2009, 09:53:47 AM »
How long did everybody's cn's take too get to them?..I know it depends on where you live, but i would like an estimate, the website did not tell me.  I ordered my double CN yesterday and was wondering when to expect it. I CANT WAIT!!

Offline topoljes

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1135 on: August 14, 2009, 10:16:14 AM »
How long did everybody's cn's take too get to them?..I know it depends on where you live, but i would like an estimate, the website did not tell me.  I ordered my double CN yesterday and was wondering when to expect it. I CANT WAIT!!

They told me 7-10 days. However, I ordered mine on a Monday and got it that same Friday  :)

Offline mcfate

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1136 on: August 14, 2009, 12:23:08 PM »
Ordered monday afternnoon, got to my house the next monday.

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1137 on: August 14, 2009, 12:37:44 PM »
Ordered Monday, Came Thursday evening.
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline jackie71

• blessed be
« Reply #1138 on: August 15, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »
sorry for being lazy...but i thought it would be best (and save me time) where do I order these CN cages from?

« Reply #1139 on: August 15, 2009, 03:34:18 PM »
www.petstreetmall.com ( it is the cheapest I have found.)

Offline jackie71

• blessed be
« Reply #1140 on: August 16, 2009, 07:12:10 AM »
thanks for the ordering info i will keep it on file for later...

just a ? ... does anyone find that their rats play with the linked baby toys that are hung in some of the cages? ... do they use them as a ladder?

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1141 on: August 16, 2009, 08:34:38 PM »
Hoping I'll get mine tomorrow. Ordered it on Thursday. Can I use something other than a rubber mallet on the cage? I don't have one
and I'm going to be waiting for Sears to come and fix my water heater. Unless they come by 12 like they said they would. :yelcutelaugh:

Offline della luna

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1142 on: August 16, 2009, 08:38:57 PM »
Everyone's CNs look amazing!  Keep up with the pictures so ratty-deprived people like me can enjoy them!  :cheeky:
It's a full house!! 3 horses: Pixie, Tucker, and Bailey; 4 cats: Adam, Cassie, LuAnne, and Chester; 4 dogs: Friskie, Beau, Jemma, and Ruby; 3 rats: Pickle, Pepper, and Pretzel; 2 mice: Kirby and Lionel; 1 duck: Quackers; 1 hamster: Pancake

« Reply #1143 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:42 AM »
I ordered mine Thursday and am also hoping it shows up tomorrow...And I hope i can use something besides a rubber mallot..Do you really need one?  And dont worry!..I will have pics!

Offline Saishi

« Reply #1144 on: August 17, 2009, 03:49:48 PM »
I had to use a hammer to knock the 'pins' into place that hold the sides to the front and back.  I also had to use the hammer to get the roof on.  Other than that?  No issues.

These are slightly older pics, but I hope to update soon.

Full cage, closed:

Girls half:

Boys half:

Right now, these are the only  hammocks they have, so they get washed every cage cleaning day.  Unfortunately, the pouches are starting to fall apart now, so looks like I need to get off my butt and make new ones.  :poke:
My babies...

Rattie boys:  Shunsui, Byakuya, Jushiro, Gin, Aizen.

Rattie Girls:  Rosemary, Thyme, Retsu, Isane, Lisa, Rangiku, Nemu.

And the others:  Lily (Dog), Watari (Cat), Hichigo (Ferret) and Elune (The crazy betta fish).

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #1145 on: August 17, 2009, 09:15:19 PM »
Oo Saishi, I've got that pink and skull fabric on a few of our things, too. Love it!

I have never wished for a porch and hose so much in my entire life! The boys got mites (..yay) and so I got the happy task of taking apart the CN and dragging each piece into the shower to scrub down. We live in a 3rd floor apartment, so outside cleaning was out of the question. It was a lot of work! I put the shelves and ramps on other sides this time when I put it back together, and think I need to send Midwest a love note. The whole process was a lot easier than I thought it would be, even if I worked up a bit of a sweat. Also, while the boys heal up from all the scabbing, we separated them from most of the girls, who play a bit rough and kept opening up scabs and being brutes. :( We treated the girls too, but they had no signs. Poor boys were looking a bit rough.

The top, for the girls. I finally got around to making them a new cube, since theirs are ridiculously shredded. I put in three openings, so hopefully they won't feel the need to install more doors for a little bit.

The bottom, where the boys and Wendy are. I found a Sonic tee shirt on sale for 46 cents and used it to make them a new hammock, as well as bought a new rug for them. :D They deserve the extra boy stuffs.

Happy boyos. <3

Offline Saishi

« Reply #1146 on: August 17, 2009, 09:19:52 PM »
Heheh!  I love that skull fabric.  Got it on clearance when the Walmart here got rid of fabric.  And I LOVE that dark butterfly fabric you have in that cube!  Beautiful setup!  Also, I noticed that the bottom towel and the lovely bottom sunflower 'blanket' aren't tacked down at all.  I have diggers that love to tear up the corners of the towels I put down...  will not tacking them down keep them from making swiss cheese of the fabric?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:22:12 PM by Saishi »
My babies...

Rattie boys:  Shunsui, Byakuya, Jushiro, Gin, Aizen.

Rattie Girls:  Rosemary, Thyme, Retsu, Isane, Lisa, Rangiku, Nemu.

And the others:  Lily (Dog), Watari (Cat), Hichigo (Ferret) and Elune (The crazy betta fish).

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1147 on: August 17, 2009, 09:25:52 PM »
Saishi, your cage looks so good! I am very much into the matching sets, so your cage set really speaks to me! :yelcutelaugh: And I love the lavender room.
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline EepOwned

• Posts Too Much!
  • I am the Ratmobile
« Reply #1148 on: August 18, 2009, 01:56:47 AM »
When I tack down the linings, they do everything in their power to not only pull them up, but then wad them up in a corner. lol. They still put holes in the liners to crawl between the layers, but they'll leave them in place if I don't tie down the corners.  ::) Silly things.

« Reply #1149 on: August 18, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
Has not come yet :( Ordered it Thursday..I am expecting it soon, and want to post pictures! Did you get yours debsrats?