Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 980913 times)

Offline misslasagna

• Posts Too Much!
  • Peace. Love. Vegetarian.
    • Tumbleweed Rattery
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1275 on: September 18, 2009, 09:06:21 PM »
Wow, I wish my mom made hammocks for me lol! The layer cake thing looks fun and that picture of the jumping ratty is priceless :P

She makes them for the site and I get the prototypes to make sure they work =P

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1276 on: September 18, 2009, 11:38:07 PM »
I'm cleaning the CN right now with the girls running around. I'm doing purple and green this time! I don't think I'll have pics tonight, but tomorrow or Sunday for sure. :)

EDIT - It's so ghetto, but I used duct tape to attach the liners this time and they haven't touched them! I can slide the pans in and out now without binder clips catching on the bars :P I have to leave now, but when I get back I'll upload the pics. :)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 04:08:32 PM by Pennytherat »
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Kari Safari

« Reply #1277 on: September 19, 2009, 04:50:59 PM »
MY CN! I finally got these gorgeous liners, hammocks, and cuddle cups from a fellow goosemooser, katiesmom. THEY ARE GORGEOUS! She's so incredibly talented! These were well worth the drive!

Top level.

Bottom level.

Full cage.

Cuddles on the bottom level.

:D :D :D I'm so excited!

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1278 on: September 19, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »
kkogle your cage looks so nice. I love those liners, I also love your matching cage sets.
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Justadae

« Reply #1279 on: September 19, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »
Wow, I love how your cage is decorated! Especially the fabric as I have the same design sitting here in front of me waiting to be used!  :)  It looks so good!

Offline Kari Safari

« Reply #1280 on: September 19, 2009, 06:15:10 PM »
Thanks to both of you! I'm so impressed by what she made that I can't stop staring at how the finished product has all pulled together! Justadae, it's a great fabric, and pretty much should match whatever you throw in there, so I love it! I'm really excited because I've been looking at all of the awesome things that other goosemoosers do with their cages, and I wanted so badly to do the same for my girls. Thankfully, they are very dedicated to their litterboxes. I'm not sure how often I should wash the liners, though. I just put them in today, and of course, rats will pee where rats will pee. I've got six in the cage. Do you think that twice a week would be enough?

Also, critterchic, I didn't get a chance before, but I wanted to tell you how much I admire you for helping fighterboy out with that cage! That was so great of you!

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1281 on: September 19, 2009, 06:35:19 PM »
Also, critterchic, I didn't get a chance before, but I wanted to tell you how much I admire you for helping fighterboy out with that cage! That was so great of you!

:BlueDumboSmile: Hopefully we will all see pictures of it soon. :poke: fighterboy :yelcutelaugh:
"This is the beginning of a new day.You have been given this day to use as you will. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it.When tomorrow comes,this day will be gone forever; in it's place is something that you have left behind, let it be something good."

Offline Kari Safari

« Reply #1282 on: September 19, 2009, 06:39:53 PM »
Yeah, I'm hoping for pictures of it soon, too! When did it arrive?

Offline critterchic

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1283 on: September 19, 2009, 06:44:28 PM »
Thursday afternoon, 9/17.

Offline HopLikePopcorn

« Reply #1284 on: September 19, 2009, 07:36:58 PM »

Top level.

WOW! I love those cuddle cups! katiesmom is awesome for making them. How soon will they get totally destroyed, d'you think? I'm guessing all too soon.
Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline Kari Safari

« Reply #1285 on: September 19, 2009, 07:44:43 PM »
Maybe he's just having too much fun with them in the new cage! Hopefully, he'll be posting something soon, though!

And don't say that, HopLikePopcorn! I'm holding out hope the best that I can! lmao. They REEEEEEALLY love those tube-y hammocks! They've been running through them and bouncing back and forth between the corner hammocks and the shelf and the igloo. It's so funny!

I'm still at a loss for how often I should wash all of this stuff. Does twice a week sound about right to you for six girlies?

Offline HopLikePopcorn

« Reply #1286 on: September 19, 2009, 08:21:45 PM »
I'd say depending on how soon it starts to stink! Lol. Girls pee less than boys, so maybe you could get away with once a week? That's what I'm hoping to do for 3-4 boys, which has to be 2x the pee the same number of girls would produce, so you could probably do it.

You can hope all you want; I'm betting those cuddle cups go down in shreds in less than a month. You heard it here first, folks.  :yelcutelaugh:

If they don't, your rats are plainly defective and you should cuddle them immediately.  :P

Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline Kari Safari

« Reply #1287 on: September 19, 2009, 09:14:45 PM »
Yeah, I think I'll go by the stink meter. I'll be so happy if all I've got to do is wash it once a week! That would be fantastic! I'll definitely keep you updated on the cuddle cups, and I'll be hoping that my rats are defective!  :yelcutelaugh: My two youngest are chewers, but they've been good lately, so we shall seeeee.

I'm going to make a deal with them that if they DON'T obliterate everything in less than a month, Mommy will carry them to the food bowl instead of making them walk every time they're fed from now on!

They're all so lazy! They'd rather wait at the bottom doors of the CN for me to pick them up and carry them to the top level to be fed instead of just heading up there themselves. Goofs. If only they were so hyper around mealtimes as they are when I'm sleeping!

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1288 on: September 20, 2009, 01:07:07 AM »
I have 4 girls in mine and it starts to smell on day 3. I usually try to do it every 3-4 days which averages out to twice a week. I'm trying to REALLY get strict about doing it on day 3, before it starts to smell too bad. But I'm a bum.  :P

Offline petunia

• Posts Too Much!
any suggestions on how to make this more interesting for the girls?
« Reply #1289 on: September 20, 2009, 03:47:14 PM »
i did the big "hose off" cage cleaning today and ended up with hammocks and liners that almost match, totally by accident   :eek:  :BlueDumboSmile:  - i was just putting in whatever was clean and not too shredded   :cheeky:

it came out kinda spring time looking, dontcha think?

clean cage ;D

add rats

one of my butterballs - Brynn, chowing down on watermelon  :hyper:

OK i know it needs something, but i don't know what. in at least one of those photos you can see on the bottom shelf that i've got lots of toys and things that go in the cage at different times, and some i only use when they are out to play- so they have something different to look forward to.

Oh, there is a snack chain hanging behind the yellow tie hammock- not sure if that shows up.

i guess i should use binder clips but i change the cage liners so often it hardly seems worth it. they like to bunch up the fabric anyway  ::)

i see a lot of people have things hanging down- what do the rats do with those? i hung up some little things before but no one seemed to know what to do with them so i took them out. had a bird toy that none of them were interested in....

what would you add,  if you were setting it up?
Right now my PEW girl is asleep in the hanging bonding pouch (it's the first time i thought to hang it in the cage and she loves it!!)
the rest of the girls are in the frog print tube- oh no, i'm wrong, Brynn climbed in with Tillie the PEW, so sweet!! glad i thought to put that pouch in there!)

any suggestions welcome  :)

they did have a wheel but never used it so i gave it away  ::)

my girls are way too plump and could use some exercise, though, so maybe i should try again with a different type of wheel? i had the wodent wheel- they had no interest in it at all!  ???

what wheel would you recommend for chubby girls?

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1290 on: September 20, 2009, 05:46:10 PM »
I wouldn't add much else to your CN, it looks great! I would use a smaller litter box though (I get the smallest kitty ones at walmart) and maybe string a fleece rope/baby teething rings through the bars for them to climb on/chew :).

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1291 on: September 20, 2009, 06:45:36 PM »
I hope I'm not bugging people asking this here, but I also don't know what to do about my cage?  I've looked at other people's and am still kinda at a loss.  I'm just not that creative for this kind of thing.  I am going to try making some more hammocks once I figure out what closet it's in lol.  I found some really cute lilac felt with green and pink dragonfly print and matching green flannel.  It was 50% off at Joanns  ;D

Anyway here's the pics.

The wheels new so I don't know if they'll use it.  They decided it was worth arguing about though...lol

Thanks in advance for your advice/opinions.

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1292 on: September 20, 2009, 06:50:57 PM »
The dollar store saved my cage lol.. Id go and just have fun there haha..
Mommy to: 7 Furbabies; Bug, Boo, Banana, Kazoo, Elliot, Simon and Duncan,
and one skin Baby; Little Miss Lily-Bug

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1293 on: September 20, 2009, 06:57:07 PM »
What's that round nest-looking thing? I've looked for them, they look fun to chew and hide in.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1294 on: September 20, 2009, 07:04:00 PM »
What's that round nest-looking thing? I've looked for them, they look fun to chew and hide in.

Oh yeah my rats love them.  They sell them at petsmart for $13, but I got mine at Stop&Shop for $6.  It's a different brand but the same thing.  I forgot what they're called and just threw away the box :(  Sorry.  Hopefully your stop&shop has them in their dog/cat/small animal/fish food aisle.  At mine, only the small ones were at eye level, the big one was on the top shelf.  Hope you can find it.
If not, here's their link at petsmart:
http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753358

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1295 on: September 20, 2009, 07:07:12 PM »
Sweet! I'll see if we have a mom-and-pop pet store with them, they have a lot of bird stuff. I'd rather not buy anything at petsmart :(

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1296 on: September 20, 2009, 07:12:00 PM »
Sweet! I'll see if we have a mom-and-pop pet store with them, they have a lot of bird stuff. I'd rather not buy anything at petsmart :(
Yeah, I don't blame you.  That (and the price helped) is why I got mine from Stop&Shop.  I'm surprised they're so hard to find, I'd imagine they'd be pretty popular  ???  Good luck!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1297 on: September 20, 2009, 07:13:49 PM »
And they buy their animals from mills ridiculously cheap, so even spending a dollar there gives them 5 more abused rats to buy  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1298 on: September 25, 2009, 03:09:35 AM »
 :poke: Excuse me? What was this thread on page 2?   ;D

Heres my cage today after a much needed cleaning. Just whipped up the rainbow liner & double decker real quick tonight.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1299 on: September 25, 2009, 03:33:02 AM »
CN from last week ::) Tomorrow I'm cleaning it again... xD

The rats approve!
I duct taped the liners down this time, they don't TOUCH them and I don't worry about the binder clips catching on the bars anymore!  :party: I know it's ghetto but hey, it works :D