Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 996123 times)

Offline HopLikePopcorn

Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1300 on: September 25, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
Hahahaha hey if it works it works, right? Heck, I may try that out myself. Just be careful that you don't catch your ratties rapping on street corners and practicing drive-by shootings. Livin' in the purple fleece ghetto, hustlin' everyday for my lab blocks..... :yelcutelaugh:

I love the triple hammies up on the second level!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 01:09:20 PM by HopLikePopcorn »
Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1301 on: September 25, 2009, 01:27:45 PM »
Wow that cage is awesome!  I love how it matches (and I always loved green and purple together, in the right shades of course) but isn't all the same pattern.  Much more interesting that way in my opinion.

I want a little house for my girls too!

As soon as I get new hammocks, I'm going to post mine.

Offline petunia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1302 on: September 25, 2009, 01:45:55 PM »
OMGoodness Grace, your girls are so incredibly adorable!! don't let me know where you live, you might find them missing some morning........

incredible cage set up!! i wish i'd got the double CN instead of the single- they really need to make a converter kit so we can make the single bigger, sigh.

although my girls mostly prefer to be out and playing with me- so i guess they'd really need to make a cage big enough to fit me inside too LOL

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1303 on: September 25, 2009, 03:07:33 PM »
Aww thanks guys!  :) Hapolikepopcorn, that's hilarious  :yelcutelaugh:
I got the little house (along with quite a few others) from goodwill! Just keep searching and I'm sure you'll find doll houses of sorts ;D

I would be cleaning it again today, but walmart STOPPED SELLING YESTERDAY'S NEWS!  :BlueDumboBigEyes: I don't know what to do - I need to freeze it overnight, so I would like to get some today before the CN gets too stinky. Does anyone know where to buy more YN besides at pet stores?  :help:
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline JadeSong

« Reply #1304 on: September 25, 2009, 05:55:27 PM »
Guys where can I get one of these cages? And how much are they?? Thanks!!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #1305 on: September 25, 2009, 06:08:36 PM »
I got the little house (along with quite a few others) from goodwill! Just keep searching and I'm sure you'll find doll houses of sorts ;D

I would be cleaning it again today, but walmart STOPPED SELLING YESTERDAY'S NEWS!  :BlueDumboBigEyes: I don't know what to do - I need to freeze it overnight, so I would like to get some today before the CN gets too stinky. Does anyone know where to buy more YN besides at pet stores?  :help:

Yesterday's news is wood pellets for bedding/litter, right?  If so, you can use (hardwood only) wood stove pellets.  Walmarts, Lowe's, and Home Depot's should have them, and they're very cheap.  It's what I use for litter, so it'll definately at least work in a pinch till you find a new supplier for YN.

Offline Ms. Kate

• You would if you had robot ears.
    • Tumblr?
« Reply #1306 on: September 25, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »
JadedRatz, here you go.

I think I'll be getting a single CN soon. I just have to find the space and figure out how I'll hide it if my landlord comes calling...  ::)  I should have just looked for a "pets negotiable" place.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:18:05 PM by Kate <3 »
Currently spoiling: Wednesday, Nils, Fynn and Ivo

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1307 on: September 25, 2009, 06:15:03 PM »

Yesterday's news is wood pellets for bedding/litter, right?  If so, you can use (hardwood only) wood stove pellets.  Walmarts, Lowe's, and Home Depot's should have them, and they're very cheap.  It's what I use for litter, so it'll definitely at least work in a pinch till you find a new supplier for YN.

It's recycled paper kitty litter :(  I think another pet store around us might have it, but the conditions they keep their animals in is just appalling. Urgh, I'll just have to make do with newspaper and the last bit of YN I have for now.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline neelia

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1308 on: September 26, 2009, 11:53:40 PM »
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I've seen YN at the grocery store.

Offline Pumpkinseed

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1309 on: September 26, 2009, 11:55:53 PM »
I got mine at Vons..
Mommy to: 7 Furbabies; Bug, Boo, Banana, Kazoo, Elliot, Simon and Duncan,
and one skin Baby; Little Miss Lily-Bug

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1310 on: September 27, 2009, 06:09:10 PM »
Meh. I soaked cardboard in water, tore it up, and let it dry. It'll have to do for now, we can't get any more YN until tomorrow, and then it needs to freeze overnight, so I can't clean till tuesday :(
For now I've just switched out the liners and hammocks and wiped down the cage. It's a mish mash of colors... you don't need to see it :P

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1311 on: September 27, 2009, 08:56:19 PM »
why do you freeze the YN overnight?

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #1312 on: September 27, 2009, 09:15:04 PM »
Any bedding can potentially harbor little friends that we don't want our rats to be exposed to. Is it likely that YN has any little creatures? No, not nearly as likely as the wood-based beddings. However, there was a member of this forum who some how, some way ended up with contaminated YN bedding... so it's best to just freeze everything, just in case.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1313 on: September 28, 2009, 12:24:33 AM »
Yep :) My mom used to hate it when I put rat food/litter in the freezer, but then I told her how much it would cost if the girls got mites... now she reminds me when we get litter  ::)

Offline Prettyin_Pink

« Reply #1314 on: September 28, 2009, 06:00:28 PM »
I think I've finally convinced my bf that I need one of these cages. I'm *always* on this thread looking at them and drooling.  :yelcutelaugh:

I hate my martins, I have to contort into such odd positions to hang hammocks, and with my carpel tunnel syndrome it's even worse for me.
Now If only Friday would hurry up and get here so I can get my bonus check!!

I cannot wait to get one, although I do have a couple of questions. How do you guys secure your fabric liners? I've had issues with my girls chewing the fabric off on the martins, but I'm 90% convinced its how its attached.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1315 on: September 28, 2009, 10:11:58 PM »
My girls chew more so than the boys.  It seems like the chew mostly to get under the liners.  So my thought is not to attach them down all the way and leave them some way to get under them.  Thats all they really want.  Rats are very determind little critters lol

Offline Prettyin_Pink

« Reply #1316 on: September 28, 2009, 10:31:28 PM »
My girls chew more so than the boys.  It seems like the chew mostly to get under the liners.  So my thought is not to attach them down all the way and leave them some way to get under them.  Thats all they really want.  Rats are very determind little critters lol

I tried this...They just shoved the fleece off the shelfs and into a corner deep in the cage.  ::)
Even if the fleece doesn't work out, at least the cn would have solid shelfs that would make cleaning much much easier for me.

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1317 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
Mine don't seem to chew the shelf liners just the bottom pan ones.  You can put eyelets in them to hook them to the bars, or you can use elastic to attach them unerneath.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1318 on: September 28, 2009, 11:00:09 PM »
I used to just binder clip the heck out of mine, but I noticed they only chew around the binder clips so I fold the fleece over the edge of the pan and hold it in place with duct tape now. Hehe! At least they don't chew on it anymore!

Offline Prettyin_Pink

« Reply #1319 on: September 28, 2009, 11:02:26 PM »
I used to just binder clip the heck out of mine, but I noticed they only chew around the binder clips so I fold the fleece over the edge of the pan and hold it in place with duct tape now. Hehe! At least they don't chew on it anymore!

Hm, this might be an idea! I used binder clips to attach fleece on the martins and that seemed to be where the chewing originates from. Silly girls.
I'm super excited to get my CN!  :hyper:

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1320 on: September 28, 2009, 11:04:28 PM »
 :party: Congrats! You're going to love it ;D

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1321 on: September 30, 2009, 12:07:44 PM »
new layout pics. I have moved since the last time i posted, which is the main reason for the hiatus. They have more light in this room! My dogs don't understand why the rats have more 'stuff' than they do...  ;D you also may want to ignore the blurry rats running around in the pics, they were busy stashing all their lab blocks before the lab block monster could get them i guess...

whole cage

bottom.
I neeeed to get a camera with a flash so the bottom doesn't look like the bat cave. i swear it's no where near that dark in person!
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline MattosaurusREX

« Reply #1322 on: October 01, 2009, 11:48:02 AM »
I have been waiting like a month to post here, but finally my single level Critter Nation arrived yesterday evening. I didn't really have any issues putting the thing together, but the bottom pan was cracked on one edge/corner and the lock grip thing was broken off one wheel. I suppose I can contact Midwest and they should send a wheel and pan.

Anyway, here is the cage (ignore the incorrect date stamp--the camera just saves the date from the last time it was turned on  ???):

Above: Two shots of the cage (basically the same).
Below: A closer shot of my hammocks and stuff. I got them in the mail Tuesday from Monkey's Corner, and they all look great.

A little sparse, yes. I had to take a break to figure out how exactly I wanted to hang things and decorate. I still haven't settled on a few things yet, but I have just over two weeks before I get my rats anyway. By then I'll be able to post more pictures with a completed cage!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 11:51:59 AM by MattosaurusREX »

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #1323 on: October 01, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »
I love the Halloween fabric.  Your making me want to dig in my stash and start sewing the Halloween stuff!!!!  XD

Offline Truhazeleyes88

• I love my Ratties...
« Reply #1324 on: October 01, 2009, 01:15:22 PM »
So My CN is suppose to be in today.. Yay I checked on the shipping and its 30mins away as of 7;30 this morning so it should be here soon Since they gotta ship out other things between there and here