Author Topic: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!  (Read 1000357 times)

Offline PorkChopandTwinkie

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Critter Nation pics! Everybody post your CNs here!
« Reply #1400 on: October 13, 2009, 04:53:28 PM »
I LOVE the Cat, she looks totally ready to be a scary halloween kitty!
And all the CN's look amazing, as usual.  :rattysmiley:  I'm going to hafta borrow a camera from someone
because mine has finally died. Even using my cell is hard, because it takes forever to send the pics to my email.

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1401 on: October 13, 2009, 07:20:25 PM »
I cleaned my cage Monday and decided that I would finally take pictures and post them, since I always want to but never do!  I put in all my blue things and odds and ends, because for some reason I managed to get about three times the number of hammocks dirty last week that I usually do, so had only my older hammocks left to put up.  Speaking of, I think those hammocks are still in the washer right now... awesome.

You can see Silhouette in the top, and Ozy in the box on the bottom, with his girl-twin, Jupiter next to him.  I had to use the flash, but managed to stand far enough away that things didn't get too washed out.

The top, feat. Silhouette-the-escape-artist.

The bottom, feat. the Ozyman.  As you can see they've already scrumpled that one liner.

And one of Rorschach sleeping for good measure. :)

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1402 on: October 13, 2009, 09:33:13 PM »
Here's my most recent set up.  It now just houses six boys instead of boys and girls.

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #1403 on: October 14, 2009, 12:29:09 AM »
Corpseflower, where did you get the stripey fabric/towel on the top level? It's so cute  :bow:
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1404 on: October 14, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »
It was a fleece blanket from the dollar general. :)  I love the dollar stores, they always have the best stuff!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1405 on: October 14, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »
Dang :( I don't think we have any dollar generals in California. I've never seen one.
I'll be cleaning again soon :) I'm starting to consider asking for BASS pans for christmas... I don't like keeping up with fleece liners. Heidi's 100% trained, and Penny's like 40% trained (she'll probably stay that way  :doh:) so her turds are usually on the fleece. I love how fleece looks though  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline evilhobbitgirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • ratless
« Reply #1406 on: October 14, 2009, 07:09:47 PM »
This is what I've been thinking about, Grace...
What about having a BASS pan only on the bottom level and have fleece 'upstairs'. Do you think they would take to having a giant litter box downstairs (the BASS pan) and keep their upstairs tidy? I'm hoping my rats would do that. I like the look of fleece too but my boys are kind of nasty.. I'm trying to litter train them now but it almost seems like they're pooping on hammocks and shelves MORE than they used to. ::)

Offline Corpseflower

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1407 on: October 14, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
ok good lol i was gonna say is that even safe? but with everything they're inventing you never know... haha

Totally off topic here, but I have cats named Sox and Toby as well.  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline TankGirl9008

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1408 on: October 15, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
This is what I've been thinking about, Grace...
What about having a BASS pan only on the bottom level and have fleece 'upstairs'. Do you think they would take to having a giant litter box downstairs (the BASS pan) and keep their upstairs tidy? I'm hoping my rats would do that. I like the look of fleece too but my boys are kind of nasty.. I'm trying to litter train them now but it almost seems like they're pooping on hammocks and shelves MORE than they used to. ::)

This is what I do, and it works great for me! I have a small litter box on the top level and the BASS pan in the bottom, they keep things pretty darn tidy!
Owned by one cat, Sable 19 years

Offline Nat Loves Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • My sweethearts, Alice and Rosalie <333
    • Rat Love
« Reply #1409 on: October 15, 2009, 03:17:47 PM »
Happy Halloween!!

And just because your kitty reminds me of my Munchkin Schrute....

I GOTTA MAKE A HALLOWEENIFIED CAGE!!!! AND GUESS WHAT? I WILL!!!! HEHEHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1410 on: October 15, 2009, 03:27:08 PM »
I'm trying to scrounge together halloween stuff, not having much luck  ::) Maybe I can get to the dollar store or goodwill sometime this weekend.

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #1411 on: October 15, 2009, 07:12:56 PM »
I love the dollar store! Right now my ratties have halloween trick or treat buckets in their CN's with fabric inside. They love them. Not to mention they make their cage look so halloweenish.

Offline Nat Loves Rats

• Posts Too Much!
  • My sweethearts, Alice and Rosalie <333
    • Rat Love
« Reply #1412 on: October 15, 2009, 07:37:10 PM »
I love the dollar store! Right now my ratties have halloween trick or treat buckets in their CN's with fabric inside. They love them. Not to mention they make their cage look so halloweenish.

Oooh, good idea!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup2:

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #1413 on: October 15, 2009, 11:34:46 PM »
They love it! The buckets are big enough that they all can pile in!

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1414 on: October 15, 2009, 11:40:50 PM »
I need to raid the goodwills and dollar trees ASAP!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline Prettyin_Pink

« Reply #1415 on: October 16, 2009, 10:54:01 AM »
 :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
I just ordered my CN!!!!
I ordered from pet street mall. How long do you think it will take? I was so excited to order my cage with my bonus check that I actually woke up...EARLY!
My bf thinks I'm nuts however.  ::)

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #1416 on: October 16, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »
I just ordered my CN!!!!
I ordered from pet street mall. How long do you think it will take? I was so excited to order my cage with my bonus check that I actually woke up...EARLY!

I dont think you are nuts, I am very envious of you lol lol

I would so LOVE a job, but with Dh's odd hours, and having 2 little ones, I just cant afford to work(daycare prices) lol
~~Shelli~~
Wife to Chris, Mom to our 2 girls & Zoo keeper:
4 dogs (Standard Poodle, Redtick hound, Boston Terrier & Chihuahua)
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1417 on: October 16, 2009, 11:22:44 AM »
I was thinking of going to pick up one of the FNs ive seen on Craigs List but the closest one is like 3 hours away and the one lady said it cannot be broken down to get into her truck so i guess that one is out.

Then I checked Pet Street Mall and realized a CN is only $135 free shipping and it would come right to my door, so thats not bad at all! Id like to get a double but i can always resell my CN and get a double if im ever allowed to get anymore than 4-5 rats  :yelcutelaugh:
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #1418 on: October 16, 2009, 11:27:36 AM »
I was thinking of going to pick up one of the FNs ive seen on Craigs List but the closest one is like 3 hours away and the one lady said it cannot be broken down to get into her truck so i guess that one is out.

Then I checked Pet Street Mall and realized a CN is only $135 free shipping and it would come right to my door, so thats not bad at all! Id like to get a double but i can always resell my CN and get a double if im ever allowed to get anymore than 4-5 rats  :yelcutelaugh:

I have been offered a FN that has already been modified  for $125 but we will have to drive almost 2 hrs to get it. I emailed and asked if it will come apart in 2 halves as we dont have a truck to haul in, its my minivan with the back seat out or nothing!
~~Shelli~~
Wife to Chris, Mom to our 2 girls & Zoo keeper:
4 dogs (Standard Poodle, Redtick hound, Boston Terrier & Chihuahua)
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline synelovator

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #1419 on: October 16, 2009, 12:24:33 PM »
I just ordered my CN!!!!

I dont think you are nuts, I am very envious of you lol lol

I would so LOVE a job, but with Dh's odd hours, and having 2 little ones, I just cant afford to work(daycare prices) lol

My boyfriend thought I was nuts when I got a 100lb cage, but now he calls it HIS cage (he did put it together, I guess...)

Krazy -- I think you'll find that you don't want to put more than 3-4 rats in a single level CN.  For some reason, with my four, I wouldn't put in two more... I don't know, I guess I just like them to have a lot of space. :)

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #1420 on: October 16, 2009, 12:39:47 PM »
I just ordered my CN!!!!

I remember when I ordered mine how excited I was. Everyone in my family thought I was crazy! :shocked2:

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1421 on: October 16, 2009, 01:03:44 PM »
my family thought i was crazy too! My dad randomly decided he needed to buy me a flatscreen tv, and was pretty confused when i asked him to buy me a double CN instead!
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/

Offline Prettyin_Pink

« Reply #1422 on: October 16, 2009, 01:06:26 PM »
I just ordered my CN!!!!

I remember when I ordered mine how excited I was. Everyone in my family thought I was crazy! :shocked2:

I cannot wait to get rid of my martins. I have chronic knee and wrist joint issues so the "yoga" I need to do to clean my martins is not very fun, nor good for me! Usually I wind taking a whole side of the cage off and re-zip tie-ing it, and its SO time consuming. I honestly probably don't clean their cage as much as I should as it's *so* difficult for me. They are going to be totally spoiled in the CN.

Everyone I work with knows I have rats, and most of them actually think it's cool. I have a few people who've met my girls and love them, but they all REALLY thought I was mad for using our bonus check for a cage.

Offline RattiegirlHM

« Reply #1423 on: October 16, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »
my family thought i was crazy too! My dad randomly decided he needed to buy me a flatscreen tv, and was pretty confused when i asked him to buy me a double CN instead!
He probally didnt realize that the CN is better than a flat screen LOL! :rattysmiley:
My Dad thinks that my CN was a waste of money. He told me I should have gotten one of the cages at Petco. He didn't realize that the cage he wanted me to get was a crittertrail made for mice  :doh:. He calls my CN the Mansion for the Rats  ::)!

I just ordered my CN!!!!

I cannot wait to get rid of my martins. I have chronic knee and wrist joint issues so the "yoga" I need to do to clean my martins is not very fun, nor good for me! Usually I wind taking a whole side of the cage off and re-zip tie-ing it, and its SO time consuming. I honestly probably don't clean their cage as much as I should as it's *so* difficult for me. They are going to be totally spoiled in the CN.

Everyone I work with knows I have rats, and most of them actually think it's cool. I have a few people who've met my girls and love them, but they all REALLY thought I was mad for using our bonus check for a cage.

I feel the same way about my SP exotic. I HATE it  >:(! It is so hard to clean. I have to take all the levels out and put them back in. The shelves have the grooves in them that just serve to collect pee and poo. Did I mention that I hate it??

Offline Nightmelody

• Posts Too Much!
    • Crossroads Rat Rescue!
« Reply #1424 on: October 16, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »
He probally didnt realize that the CN is better than a flat screen LOL! :rattysmiley:
My Dad thinks that my CN was a waste of money. He told me I should have gotten one of the cages at Petco. He didn't realize that the cage he wanted me to get was a crittertrail made for mice  :doh:. He calls my CN the Mansion for the Rats  ::)

He definitely wasn't arguing with cheaper though. all said and done, the CN was 50 or 75$ less than the flatscreen he wanted to get me. I don't watch tv anyway, so i am not sure why he decided he wanted to do that in the first place....
Founder, Crossroads Rat Rescue - Oklahoma http://crossroadsratrescue.webs.com/