Author Topic: Socializing Baby Rats...Huge Milestone! *pic heavy*  (Read 659 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Socializing Baby Rats...Huge Milestone! *pic heavy*
« on: January 09, 2009, 02:22:36 PM »
So I've been working on socializing my baby rats and something great happened just now. I opened the cage and made sounds on the bars. Lola and Lily came to investigate. After several tries and many sniffs, Lola came out! because their cage is right on top of Lacey's cage I gently picked her up so Lacey wouldn't try to grab her through the bars. I let her climb all over me sniffing and now she's sitting in thi soft dog carrier that I use to transport rats. She's still scared, but this is a huge step in her socialization. Here are some pics!

Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • The *original* Addicted2Ratsİ
Re: Socializing Baby Rats...Huge Milestone! *pic heavy*
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »
Awwwww....yaaaay for you!!!   :thumbsup2:  Lola looks so cute in the carrier!  :)  It's always so encouraging when you experience a positive step forward isn't it?

Deb

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »
Yeah. It feels great! It's as if I'm domesticating these rats, even though that's not really what it is.
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • The *original* Addicted2Ratsİ
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »
You're showing them that the world isn't such a mean, horrible place...and kudos to you for doing it!!  :)

Deb

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 04:51:26 PM »
Aw, they have sweet "I'm a widdle scared, bud I tink I twust you!" eyes.