Author Topic: Bruxing...good or bad?  (Read 1373 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Bruxing...good or bad?
« on: January 18, 2009, 12:17:00 AM »
My baby rat, Lily likes to sit on my shoulder. Sometimes I hear her chattering (bruxing). How do I know if this is positive or negative? Thanks!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Claymore

• Posts Too Much!
  • Claymore my <3
Re: Bruxing...good or bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 12:23:53 AM »
If she's doing it on your shoulder and she likes being there, I would say it's a good thing, especially if she boggles at the same time.  Most of our rats will do that while they're with us as well, even Jack is starting to, and we've had him for just under a week.
Happy Endings Mischief: Jack, Cooper, Moe, Solitaire, Othello, Rossie, Jazz, Raquaza, Elmo, Breeze, LaRaeRae & Laurelee.

Rainbow Bridge: 29 angels waiting

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2009, 12:25:48 AM »
Boggles? What does that mean, in reference to rats?
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline MadCatter

• Basic Rat

It's "Porphyrin"; please use the search function before posting a new thread - you may already have access to an answer!

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2009, 12:49:22 AM »
LOL That is so cute! I haven't noticed that, but I haven't been looking. Next time I have her out, I'll have to watch for it. Thanks!

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 12:01:16 PM »
I agree that if she was on your shoulder, she was probably just happy. They can also do it when they're scared, though. I had my girl at the vet yesterday and she bruxed nearly the entire time.

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 11:09:48 PM »
Well, she'll sit on my shoulder or in my hoody and brux and then groom herself. I'd take this more as happy...right?

Offline saddiedog

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 11:20:39 PM »
If she is sitting in youur hood grooming herself and there is no fear poops then I say she is a happy rattie!