Author Topic: **ATTENTION ALL FORUM MEMBERS! **  (Read 20985 times)

Offline Ratgirl61

• I have 4 ratties, 2 girls, 2 boys
Re: **ATTENTION ALL FORUM MEMBERS! **
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 07:59:19 PM »
I am also a newbie her and 2 or 3 years into having rattie pets and I still consider myself a newbie at that too. I can understand what you mean by the bulling or put downs people get. I was in a ratgroup on Facebook and because I couldn't afford a Critter Nation cage which I will have to save for and nuetering our male rat a lady asked me if I could afford a $300.00 tumor removal and I said no I couldn't. Then she said..Well I wouldn't get any more pets if I were you and I told her I wasn't getting any more pets and it wasn't what the conversation was about and after that she actually cussed me out and used the F word on me. I left the group, but finally rejoined it and told the admin about it and they have removed her from the group. So far no one here has been rude to me. I am shy and don't know how to reach out and make friends here because I am worried about being judged or ignored when I ask my questions.  :BlueDumboBigEyes:
Ratgirl 61

Offline TGQ

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 08:15:44 PM »
I am also a newbie her and 2 or 3 years into having rattie pets and I still consider myself a newbie at that too. I can understand what you mean by the bulling or put downs people get. I was in a ratgroup on Facebook and because I couldn't afford a Critter Nation cage which I will have to save for and nuetering our male rat a lady asked me if I could afford a $300.00 tumor removal and I said no I couldn't. Then she said..Well I wouldn't get any more pets if I were you and I told her I wasn't getting any more pets and it wasn't what the conversation was about and after that she actually cussed me out and used the F word on me. I left the group, but finally rejoined it and told the admin about it and they have removed her from the group. So far no one here has been rude to me. I am shy and don't know how to reach out and make friends here because I am worried about being judged or ignored when I ask my questions.  :BlueDumboBigEyes:

The fact that you're on here for information is good. We as a forum appreciate people coming here to learn and become better pet owners, and most of us started out that way and with plenty of flaws. Facebook is a scary place. Haha. I do agree it's very important to have a savings and funds for rats (and all pets. But rats have a ton of health issues). However, there are options if you can't afford it that don't involve your pets suffering if an emergency pops up. You can see if your vet can bill you, or get a credit card to pay off, or carecredit, etc. I think what people get worked up about the most is when people come on here for advise, people give advise, and then the person doesn't take the advice. We're always encouraging people who are here to learn though. I started out on here with my 2 girls in a too small cage on crappy seed mix and learned what was wrong about that. It was overwhelming to hear I was doing those things wrong, especially when pet stores, etc, encourage wrong pet care, but since the forum was so factually based and not mean about it, I just wanted to be a good rat mom. So hopefully your experience is like that.
My rat children:  Storm, Charlie, and Nimbus

Rest in Peace Echo, Skye, Murdock, Dirk, Duck, & Weetzie

Offline Ratgirl61

• I have 4 ratties, 2 girls, 2 boys
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 11:18:19 PM »
Thanks, I am trying to figure out how to get pics of my rats on here in rat tails and mug shots and I can't figure it out. I know how to do it on Facebook real well, but I will try again.  :BlueDumboSmileTongue:
Ratgirl 61