Author Topic: Nylabone + Healthy Edibles  (Read 1077 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Nylabone + Healthy Edibles
« on: January 26, 2009, 12:45:35 PM »
I've seen and heard about people give Nylabones to their rats, so I thought I'd give it a try. I bought These The petite size. They loved it! But I wanted to know how good they were, and how often I could give them. Also, what other kinds of dog chews can I give? Regular Nylabones? Greenies? What sizes are good? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline italianqt

• Posts Too Much!
  • Gennaro's hungry!
Re: Nylabone + Healthy Edibles
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 02:29:19 PM »
I stick to Nylabones and Old Mother Hubbard treats. Just make sure to check the protein amount...some of the Nylabones have 20+%. I stick to the lower protein, like in the veggie flavored ones.
The kittehs: Fia and Nice Kitty.

Offline monkey7

• Posts Too Much!
    • Monkey's Corner
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:14:03 PM »
I perfer the nylabones over greenies for my rats.  They have more flavors and my rats seem to like them more.  Also, some of the greenies are high in protein (the teenie is loaded with protein).

Offline Addicted2Rats

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • The *original* Addicted2Ratsİ
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 06:47:24 PM »
I give my guys the Healthy Edible puppy-sized bones to chew on.  They seem to chew on it more than eat it but just to be safe, I only give it like once every couple of weeks.  :)

Deb

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
Thanks! Next time I go to the pet store I'll pick up some of the regular Nylabones. Does it matter if it's the soft or hard kind?
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline looneycartoonie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 06:04:44 AM »
I've never tried the puppy nylabones myself, but I have quite a few veggie flavored nylabones and some petite greenies that I give my guys once in a great while. They absolutely adore the greenies. Sometimes it can get messy. lol. I only give them these once a month though. I figured they get enough junk without adding to it with dog bones.

Offline cheerio

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 11:31:34 AM »
Thanks for posting this!!! Now I had the ? I was gonna ask answered. Save some room on here  :yelcutelaugh: Do they sell the nylabone fruit flavors anywhere that I could consider store wise? Or is it better for me to just order online? I don't think I've ever seen them in petsmart or petco, although I don't typically go there, as to avoid ick  :BlueDumboBigEyes: I bought the large veg nylabone, the rats seemed more interested in it than the dog, but it was for her and she's drooled on it (hasn't done anything else with it  ::)), so I'm glad to know that this could be an option for them!!  :BlueDumboSmile:

Offline looneycartoonie

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 06:20:22 PM »
The best place that I found them priced (but I did end up buying a lot) was dog.com. They were offering free shipping at the time and their prices were very good. They also carried the strawberry flavored ones that my rats really love. I think that pet stores are rather pricey when you can find them better priced and a larger variety online.