Author Topic: I'm lookng for new shelves for my FN.  (Read 649 times)

Offline Whiskey on a Sunday

• Bella
    • myspace
I'm lookng for new shelves for my FN.
« on: January 30, 2009, 10:13:15 AM »
Ive been looking but I can't seem to find them on any site. Is it possible to buy extra shelves for the FN?

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
Re: I'm lookng for new shelves for my FN.
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2009, 10:16:37 AM »
You'd have to get ahold of the manufacturer, I think. "Midwest".

Offline Oh!Rats!

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2009, 01:34:10 PM »
Yeah, I think if you call them directly, they will let you order them; I did this when I wanted extra ramps.  They were very nice to deal with!

Good luck! 

I just got extra shelves for my FN and love them; the girls have even more places to go! :P
Queen Of Hearts,Storms in Africa, Smidge, Molly, Ginger, Beatrice, Delilah, Snickerdoodle, Ivy, Maizy, Amelia.

Offline beanjelly

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 12:17:52 AM »
I know that some people have used other materials for shelves--the square grids from those cube storage units for one.  just a thought so you don't have to support midwest and their bad practices AND save money!

ETA:  I  do own a FN I got off craigslist...before I knew about their ethics.  I know that is not an excuse, but I will no longer support that business.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2009, 12:22:23 AM by beanjelly »

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 07:48:57 AM »
I know that some people have used other materials for shelves--the square grids from those cube storage units for one.  just a thought so you don't have to support midwest and their bad practices AND save money!

ETA:  I  do own a FN I got off craigslist...before I knew about their ethics.  I know that is not an excuse, but I will no longer support that business.

Are you sure you're not thinking of "Marshall" instead? Or is there something that I don't know about Midwest as well?

Offline javakittie

• Posts Too Much!
    • KatsRatMats.etsy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 10:08:11 AM »

Are you sure you're not thinking of "Marshall" instead? Or is there something that I don't know about Midwest as well?

As far as I know, Midwest only does products, not animals. Unlike Marshall, who does both - and they're most definitely a mill.

Offline beanjelly

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2009, 07:06:28 PM »
oh jeez :doh:  I meant Marshall.  My brain always transposes those companies because they're both “m”s and they sell ferret stuff.  sorry!