Author Topic: Best Bonding Moment So Far  (Read 572 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Best Bonding Moment So Far
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:36:17 PM »
So, most of you don't know that I've had a fear of being bitten by my rats. I was once bitten by Lacey and since then I've had a fear of it. Today I decided it was time to get over it. I washed my hands thoroughly, but they must have still smelled like Peanut Butter. I opened both doors to my CN and put my hand in for the girls to smell. Lola was the first to try and grab my hand, and at first i kind of panicked and pulled away. As soon as I realized she wasn't biting me, I put my hand back. She was just nibbling it and licking it and it kind of felt good! Then Lilith came and started and Lacey too. Since Lace is much bigger, she was being a little rough but it didn't hurt. Finally, Lenore, who I've had almost NO bonding time with, came and started. I realized that they weren't going to bite me and For about 10 minutes I just sat with them licking and grooming my hands, and Lacey crawling up my arm and then back into the cage. :heart: I've never felt so close to my rats before, and it was a great experience. :)
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Angelfyr9

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Best Bonding Moment So Far
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 04:55:33 PM »
Your post made me smile :)  I hope someday to have the same experience with my bitey girl, where something just clicks and she realizes that I love her very much and wouldn't hurt her for the world.  Hasn't happened yet, but that is why I named her Hope.
RIP: Wolfie, Mr.Henry, Oreo, Purdy, Puck, Obie, Hope, Milo and Roux

Offline RatAttack59

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat Chick Rat Rescue
Re: Best Bonding Moment So Far
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 07:15:03 PM »
One of the absolute best feelings is when your rats are happy to climb on you.  Letting them climb in and out of the cage, up to your shoulder and back, on their own terms but interacting.

I call it "Mama Mountain"
Jackson~George~Theo
Simon~Truffle
Romeo~ Othello~Sam
Wilbur~Moe~Captain~Felix
Mini Moe~Maisy~Midge

Missing our babies at the bridge
http://www.ratchickratrescue.com/