Author Topic: Wellness Dangers  (Read 2654 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Wellness Dangers
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:46:17 AM »
I know a lot of people here feed Wellness, so I thought I'd pass this along as a precautionary measure. :) This video is safe for all audiences.

Wellness Brand Dog Food

Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline strangeduck

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Wellness Dangers
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 11:59:45 AM »
I don't feed Wellness because the price is much too high for the quality.  For a lot less, I can feed Canidae, which is a much higher quality.  If I could afford Wellness prices for my three dogs, I'd just feed them Innova's Evo which is the best food out there and costs roughly the same as Wellness.
Owned by 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 snake and 3 adorable rattie boys!

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 08:58:15 PM »
Wow kibble keeps getting worse. So glad I feed raw. I hope no dogs are actually harmed by the cooked fish bones.

Offline calicojenn

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pray without ceasing, rejoyce in ALL things.
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »
i did find the little blurb in the corner about the president of wellness feeding his dogs whole eggs with the shell, whole raw eggs with the shell are really good for your dog.

Offline werecatrising

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 09:39:50 AM »
A lot od places are saying this video is a hoax. Apparently the maker tried to sell it to wellness, and they refused to buy it. I haven't watched the video closely, but everyone is saying the man doesn't show that the cup is empty before putting into the back- being careful to keep the cup upright while doing so.

I have had my dog on that exact food for years and have never had a problem.

Offline LifeInCircuit

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 12:13:47 PM »
I think that there have been some people finding bits and pieces in the food, but I haven't heard of any injuries, so I don't know. We do have a bag of the fish based food here. I opened it to see and I didn't find anything.

Offline flannel

• Posts Too Much!
  • When I grow up I wanna be a dumbo!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 11:20:55 PM »
A lot od places are saying this video is a hoax. Apparently the maker tried to sell it to wellness, and they refused to buy it. I haven't watched the video closely, but everyone is saying the man doesn't show that the cup is empty before putting into the back- being careful to keep the cup upright while doing so.

I have had my dog on that exact food for years and have never had a problem.

I've seen it and I don't buy it either, the pieces of food that appear to have bones in them all came from the bottom of the cup  ::)  The other kibbles he actually scooped from the bag appear normal. Plus, who finds free-roaming crumbs of stuff at the TOP of the bag???  No, they all fall to the bottom...dude you will have to try harder to convince me.  Just watch it carefully, it's painfully obvious that he's trying to pull one over on us. 
"Reader, you must know that an interesting fate (sometimes involving rats, sometimes not) awaits almost everyone, mouse or man, who does not conform."
- The Tale of Desperaux by Kate DiCamillo

Offline Kaczie

• Kaczie's Bedding for Little Critters
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 11:42:26 AM »
I'll have to echo the other comments; I think the video is a scam. Right now I have my dad's dogs on the Wellness Puppy mix and have had no problems.

Thank you for the heads up though.
Danielle
"Homo sapiens... clever but seldom wise." - Ronald Wright

http://kacziescritterbedding.com