Author Topic: Litter Box...Tearing my hair out  (Read 657 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Litter Box...Tearing my hair out
« on: February 26, 2009, 01:49:28 PM »
Okay, so when I got the CN I started using towels on the bottom, and got them a litter pan. They seemed to be pooping mostly in the pan. Well, because Carefresh is so expensive, I switched to generic paper pellets. Now they're pooping everywhere and throwing the litter. What can I do to get them to poop in the right place again? It's so frustrating!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline PureMuttz

• Posts Too Much!
Re: Litter Box...Tearing my hair out
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 01:54:56 PM »
Ack.

I never switching the ''litter'' on them, but if you have any Carefresh left over, perhaps mixing it? ((I figure the slow mix works for cats, why not? LOL))

Either way, try to be easy on your hair. I'm sure you'd rather it stay attached to your head. :tongue3:
Steppin' back into the rat world - Proud mommy of 2 (rat)boys: Buddy & Reggie. <3

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 02:02:10 PM »
Hmm...mixing is a good idea. I have a little Carefresh left. And I'm not LITERALLY pulling my hair out LOL!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 04:22:13 PM »
I had the same problem the 1st week I switched from CareFresh to YN. Now they're great, and the litter mostly stays in the litterbox. Although apparently last night they were cold or bored, because I came down to find 1/2 the litter from their box in their cube. either that or they're trying to build a bathroom in their favorite cozy spot  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline javakittie

• Posts Too Much!
    • KatsRatMats.etsy.com
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 06:54:37 AM »
I would allow for a little adjustment period. Carefresh to paper pellets is a fairly big switch so it could be a little confusing. Just treat it like when you first started litter training them, policing the poops and putting everything back in to the litterbox. They'll get the hang of it again soon enough.