Author Topic: Take a rat, Leave a ratůMeet the "boys" & Max (RIP) 03/19  (Read 2836 times)

Offline wonderrodent

• Forum Enabler
  • Posts Too Much!
  • owned by three rodentists
Re: Take a rat, Leave a ratůMeet the "boys" and Max :D
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2009, 10:38:01 AM »
What a precious boy! And what a trooper. He seems kinda pitiful from the outside but you can see that he is a very happy man now. The pictures make me smile and cry at the same time. What a sweetheart  :heart: I hope something can be done about his skin. Shower him with kisses from me.
Valora cracks me up! What a spunky little girl  :yelcutelaugh:

Man, some people are so clueless about proper care. I hate these habitrails. I wouldn't put ANY pets in there.
The fawn hoodie is a beauty!

As always, you are awesome, Shelagh  :thumbsup2:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 10:40:41 AM by wonderrodent »

<br/>www.wonderrodent.com<br/>
"Men have forgotten this truth but you must not forget it. You remain responsible forever for what you have tamed."

Offline deborah!

• Got Rats?
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2009, 08:31:25 PM »
As always, you are awesome, Shelagh  :thumbsup2:

That says it all. Max is lucky to have you (and you him!).

Offline liza

• Posts Too Much!
  • once upon a time my heart got stolen by rats
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2009, 12:35:37 AM »
Awww, Max!  Hopefully there is something the vet can do for his skin. Have you tried olive oil? Giving him some orally might work for his skin... Poor little guy...

You are giving him a lot of quality time right now. The now is what matters the most for someone like Max. I'm sure he has already forgotten his past...
Currently owned by Jasper,Gopher,Anabelle+Anastasia,Donut+Vivian+Franklin+Guido+Round1+Round2 babies, Dot+Orca,Marie+Rene+Nicola,Libbie,Annie,Melanie+Espresso (rats).Velvet+Dancer (bunnies).Porcellina+Skunk (pigs).Cercira (hamster) and Bandit (dog).
Our angels in heaven, we will always love you!

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2009, 08:44:06 AM »
I am glad he had the Now.   :'(

Offline lilspaz68

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2009, 08:53:00 AM »
After Max's sad loss I tried a neutral intro with Dudley...well that boy is only nice to me it seems...he was horrid, and he hurt little Mia.  He gave her one of those slices to the muscle that open up on the back.  Good thing there's not a lot of nerves or blood supply there.  She's fine, but he blew his chance at little girls.  He really wanted to hurt her. :(

So I had them on the couch with Valora who seems to love them.  Little Zoey even gently licked her mucky eye clean for her...awww
Zoey and Mia are both on baytril now, but Zoey is snuffling and snargling occasionally which is killing me to listen to, but she's healthy other than the noises.  No porphyrin, active, etc.

Zoey and Mia

Mia stretches waaay up and freezes

the timid one is now a very curious, friendly girl  ;D

And Zoey is the monkey, who reminds me so much of Brie, snuffling in my ear, licking my cheek, slinking along around my neck, asking for cuddles.  :heart:

Ms. Valora looks happy too   :thumbsup2: