Author Topic: Best Clumping Litter...?  (Read 4229 times)

Offline forkyfork

• Posts Too Much!
    • DANANI
Re: Best Clumping Litter...?
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2009, 12:57:09 PM »
I gave up on using the precious cat in the electric cat box. I liked the odor control and lack of dust but the clumping was too good. It glues itself to the rake and bottom to much. In an electric box with 4 cats its a problem.

Im back to the Fresh Step for now.

Offline 4JerseyGirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pawprinted
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 12:49:08 AM »
Fresh Step is working very well for us as well... although I never did get to grab some of the Cat Attract litter and try it.  I definitely will once we move, I'd like to be doing everything in my power to keep Belle from going other places  ::)

Offline tonivan

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 10:06:37 PM »
I've recently gotten an electric litter box and the direction say to spray the tines and the bottom of the box with the nonstick cooking spray and then wipe it off.  this will leave a slightly greasy non stick surface.  It seems to be helping with the tines.

This is my first real use of clumping litter for any length of time.  I tried it years ago in a normal litter box and it tracked all over the house...hated it!   Now I use the tidy cat long lasting odor control climping and it works good.  I recently bought the immediate odor control becuz they were out of the long lasting odor and it doesnt do much for odor control immediate or otherwise!

I am not that concerned about the dust as my cats dont spend that much time in the litter box and it is in my laundry room.

Offline KittyKate

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »
i used world's best cat litter for awhile and wasn't very impressed with the clumping, actually - i think maybe in order for a littler to be flushable, it can't really clump as well -- but at some point i'd like to try swheat scoop cuz flushing is so convenient!  right now i use the dr. elseys kitten-attract litter and it's helped make Trooper super-regular about using his box - in fact, he almost seems to love his box too much now - plays in it all the time  ::)  it clumps well.  interesting to hear that fresh step works so well -- i have some coupons for that so maybe i should try it out.

Offline 4JerseyGirl

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pawprinted
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 05:23:31 PM »
i used world's best cat litter for awhile and wasn't very impressed with the clumping, actually - i think maybe in order for a littler to be flushable, it can't really clump as well -- but at some point i'd like to try swheat scoop cuz flushing is so convenient!  right now i use the dr. elseys kitten-attract litter and it's helped make Trooper super-regular about using his box - in fact, he almost seems to love his box too much now - plays in it all the time  ::)  it clumps well.  interesting to hear that fresh step works so well -- i have some coupons for that so maybe i should try it out.

Actually... last time we needed litter I bought one of the "re-formulated" Tidy Cats... I had been thoroughly unimpressed with it before, but I like it now.  They had like three kinds, immediate odor control, long-lasting odor control, and the I think a multiple cat formula.  I got the long-lasting.  I think I may actually stick with that, even in the automatic box (although we actually haven't unpacked that and set it up again).  But Fresh Step definitely wasn't terrible.