Author Topic: CN question  (Read 666 times)

Offline zombunny

CN question
« on: April 13, 2009, 09:38:38 AM »
So I only have two ratties right now but I'm thinking about getting more in the future, which means I'll need more cage space. My question is, if I get a single level CN right now, can I add a second level onto it later, or would I have to buy the double? And how many rats can a CN hold?

Pets name: Cheche
Adopt your own![/URL

Offline RatAttack59

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat Chick Rat Rescue
Re: CN question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 09:53:26 AM »
You would do best to order the double, as they are not selling - and do not plan to sell - an "add-on" for the CN the way they do the FN.
Capacity is the same as the FN - I've seven or eight girls comfortable in an FN-142, I think it's "rated" for up to 12 or 14.
Jackson~George~Theo
Simon~Truffle
Romeo~ Othello~Sam
Wilbur~Moe~Captain~Felix
Mini Moe~Maisy~Midge

Missing our babies at the bridge
http://www.ratchickratrescue.com/

Offline Lena

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 02:13:55 PM »
I personally ordered a single. I have three boys in there right now and it's plenty of room for them. I will be upgrading to two level at some point, but for a start, I'm really glad I got a single. I need to move it around a whole bunch, and it's really easy to do.

The company is considering coming out with a CN add-on, although I don't think it's definite at this point. I hope they do! If not, I'm thinking about adding the second level horizontally. Someone on this forum has done that and it looks great. It would give them almost as much space to run around as a big Martin's playpen.

Offline liltk43

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 03:03:08 PM »
The single can hold 6 rats, but I would not put more then 5.  No one knows if there will be an add on and so you buy a single at your own risk!  But the double is HUGE, but "cheaper" then the single...I believe the single is like $150 and the double is $250...

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »
I love my double wide and I am never going back!
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline RatAttack59

• Posts Too Much!
    • Rat Chick Rat Rescue
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 03:52:19 PM »
If you are going to want the double at any time, buy it now.  You can always store the top half and only use the bottom.
(provided you have someplace to store it).
Jackson~George~Theo
Simon~Truffle
Romeo~ Othello~Sam
Wilbur~Moe~Captain~Felix
Mini Moe~Maisy~Midge

Missing our babies at the bridge
http://www.ratchickratrescue.com/

Offline monkey7

• Posts Too Much!
    • Monkey's Corner
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 02:37:26 PM »
The single is big enough for 3 rats.  Having the extra space is also a plus but I hear a lot of people say their rats only use the top half of the CN/FN.  It would be nice in case you decide you want more then 3 rats in the future.