Author Topic: 8 rats for adoption in Chicago, Illinois. 4 boys, 4 girls *Update*  (Read 1657 times)

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
I feel really awful for doing this, but since my mom refuses to take them to the vet when they get sick anymore, I have no choice. I love them to death, and I wouldn't be doing this if I had a choice. I will be keeping two (meaing 4/12), since I also work and will be able to afford at least their care by myself. But I can't afford to keep 12 rats alive and healthy without my mom, as much as I would like to. So if you're in Chicago and you're looking to adopt, please consider this. If not, they will probably die from an illness that my mom will not pay to have fixed. They can't come with their cage, sadly. It will still be in use, sorry. There WILL be an adoption fee for the rats, to ensure they go in good homes. They live in a FN 142, of course, with the boys and the girls seperated with a divider. The bottom part is modded for the girls, the top is not.  Pictures will be uploaded asap.

This is Lily. I am not sure about her age, but I've had her for a little more than a year.

Alice can be skittish, but calms down after a while. Born on 4/3/08

Bella. Born on 4/3/08

Jessica. Born on 6/6/08

Charlie. Born on 4/3/08. - RESERVED

Emmett. Born on 4/3/08.

Sam. Born on 4/3/08.

Jacob. Born on 4/3/08.

If you're wondering, yes, most of them are related.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:24:26 PM by PotHBP »
Vegetarian since August 2009. 

Pet's name: Victor

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
No chance that any of them are neutered is there?  Your boys are soo cute!  I  :heart:  Edward.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
Nope, sorry. They are all intact. I have Steve McQueen neutered, though. I was going to neuter them all, but I never got the chance.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:12:28 PM by PotHBP »

Offline Troter

• Posts Too Much!
man, I wish I was closer (remotely closeish) to you, because I absolutely love Edward
Jinto & Shingo <3

Offline PKT

• Posts Too Much!
I live in Chicago.  I could maybe take 1 girl, but not more than one just due to the size of my cage.  I have a Martin's 690 with 3 girls now.  Are they sick now? 

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
Re: Urgent! 8 rats for adoption in Chicago, Illinois. 4 boys, 4 girls
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 01:56:21 PM »
Sorry for the late response! Are you still interested? If you still are, which girl? Do you have a quarantine cage? They definitly have the sniffles and maybe lice. I don't know about it for sure, but I see little red dots on their back. 

I put Charlie on reserve because he might be adopted. :) I took back Edward and Jasper, sorry if you were interested in them!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:24:45 PM by PotHBP »

Offline PKT

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 03:07:04 PM »
Sorry, I can't take in any more rats right now.  I'm leaving for the summer and have rat care lined up for 3, but not more.  I also can't quarantine.  Good luck!

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 03:44:48 PM »
 If you can't, then it's alright. Thanks, anyway! :)
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 07:51:01 PM by PotHBP »

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2009, 07:51:35 PM »
Anyone else interested?

Offline samanthad75

• Social Rats Adoption and Rescue
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 02:48:11 PM »
I am teh director of Social Rats Adoption and Rescue. I might, big might, be able to take the into our rescue network. I will not know until Sunday, when I meet with our potential fosters to see if we would be able to make room for them. Once I am able to get some adoptions going, I should be able to make room here as well. I am looking at 3 possibly 4 new fosters this weekend and, if this is the case, we should be able to make room for them. I would also have to talk with them regarding vet care for them. I will need all information you have on them, not just ages and gender, but also temperment and any health issues they do or may have so I can get this information to Pam so we can figure out what needs to be done and see if we can help out. I am making no promises, but I will see what we can do to help. I will also need to know what health problems they have had in the past as well, so I can determine placement in foster homes and for future adoptions. Please be honest as to health conditions and such, as we are only trying to help.

You can email the information to the_ratlady@yahoo.com adn I will get back with you at the beginning of next week to let you know what we can help with. Please get this information to me tonight or tomorrow so I can discuss it with them on Sunday

Social Rats Adoption and Rescue

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 02:55:59 PM »
Ok, I'm sending an email right now.

Edit: Sent.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 03:27:50 PM by PotHBP »

Offline My_Devastation

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2009, 09:29:41 PM »
Oh, I would LOVE to take one!! I have 11 girls as is, 2 of which are hairless. Seven are in an FN 142, and I am buying a bigger cage from a friend, so I will have three good sized spare cages! I can't make any promises right now, but I definitely want to take one or two or more!! I live right at the IL/WI border, so I'm not too far away. Are all the pictured ones still available?
Rats~ Puck

Kitties~ Willow, Sonja, Lexxi, and Logan.

RIP: Shelley, Aisling, Marilyn, Katrina, Eva, Gwendolyn, Dahlia, Caja, Ruby, Samara, Drusy, Tex, Brie, Kolbi, Riley, Brandy, Paige, Damien, Chloe, Felix, Fallon, Zoie, Jukka, Wendell, Felicia, Fiona, Inara, Nami

Offline samanthad75

• Social Rats Adoption and Rescue
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »
Please continue with your rehoming efforts. If you can rehome all of them, that would be wonderful news. Once we are able to get things calmed down here a bit, I will see what we can do. I need to get more rats adopted out and try to get the medical issues under control. Unfortunately we are ending up with alot of health issues with our rescues, so are kind of swamped with this. Not only myself, but my other fosters as well. One of the rescues I took in some time ago, Mercy, with her 7 babies, all have had URIs, plus others of my rescues having various issues.

Keep this post updated on who you have been able to rehome and I will make room as I am able to. hopefully I will be able to help in a couple of weeks, but we are, like I said, kind of swamped right now.

I will also keep you updated on how much room we have and who we would be able to take in. I will not be able to do anything until my other potential foster is able to start working with us. I currently have right about 65 rats in my home, this includes babies, adoptables, rescues, sick and fosters. I am working on trying to find homes for as many as I can to make room, but it is a slow going process. I will try to keep you updated on a weekly basis to let you know when I will be able to help, but right now, we just do not have the room. More fosters that could help would be useful, but unfortunately, this is not going too quickly.

Social Rats Adoption and Rescue

Offline PotHBP

• Posts Too Much!
  • "You are my life now"
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2009, 09:04:01 PM »
Oh, ok. Good luck!

Yes, all pictured ones are available.

*Update* Mom has decided to help with paying. I only have to pay the vet bills while she pays for everything else. I think this will work. I won't be able to spend a dime on myself, but if it keeps them healthy I'm happy with that. :) I'm trying to find another vet (regular vet is gone until June), so hopefully everyone can hang in there until then.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:31:44 PM by PotHBP »