Author Topic: Goodbye Lacey. Play Hard at the Bridge.  (Read 478 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
Goodbye Lacey. Play Hard at the Bridge.
« on: May 25, 2009, 11:19:12 AM »
Little Lacey passed away last night. She was my first true  :heart: rat and I already miss her dearly. She was sick, but seemed to be doing better. However she had just the other day started breathing weird. I'm so upset, but I haven't lost my head. I'm getting a necropsy done first thing tomorrow. I really thought she was going to make it.

In her last weeks.

Lacey when I first got her.

Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
Re: Goodbye Lacey. Play Hard at the Bridge.
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:28 AM »
She is gorgeous. That first picture just makes me melt. Losing a heart rat is incredibly tough. I am so very sorry.

Offline JOOOWEE

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2009, 11:20:51 AM »
So sorry for your loss.  She was adorable!!!
Julie Pierce
Massachusetts
Ratty babies: Nora, Blaze, Hanna, Bella, Marathon, Chloe, Misty and Kojak

Offline Trillian

• Posts Too Much!
  • Music + Rats = Life and Love
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2009, 11:24:12 AM »
As they said, I'm sorry! I know it's hard...*hugs* Play hard Lacey. You gave her a great life Drache
CLICK US! PLEASE CLICK US! WE WANT TO LIVE!!!

Offline D

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 12:04:38 PM »
Oh no...  :'( My heart sank when I read the subject line. I am so sorry for your loss, Drache.  :'( Poor little Lacey fought so hard for you, and you did everything you could to help her. I am so sorry that she passed. I am so glad you had a few more days to spend with her. I wish she had recovered fully for you..but sometimes no matter what we do, it is just their time.  :(

I hope your heart heals soon..play hard at the Bridge little fighter Lacey.  :heart:

Offline wretchedeclipse

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 03:11:22 PM »
I got so sad reading that subject line. I had really hoped she would pull through for you.
Play hard at the bridge, pretty Lacey.  :heart:

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
Well, I finally got closure at around 7 tonight. I found out that Lacey had a massive brain tumor and there was nothing that could have been done. The vet said it was so huge that he was surprised she lived at all. It gave me a little peace knowing that it was just her time. And although I didn't get to say goodbye properly, I think she knows how much she was loved.
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline D

• Posts Too Much!
  • <3
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »
I'm glad you have found closure. She was a little fighter, that didn't want to give up.  :heart: