Author Topic: Welcome to Rat Land!  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
Welcome to Rat Land!
« on: May 21, 2009, 03:38:54 AM »
Sorry about the angle of this pic, I think I was falling when I took it or something.   ::)

Two FN's on the outside, and a CN on the inside.

My new FF, home to 3 ladies

To answer the questions that will come.....YES, I do sew a large amount of hammocks.   :yelcutelaugh:  And cleaning is a 24 hour operation.  I go through baby wipes and vacuum bags like there's no tomorrow, that chair with wheels and no arms is what I wheel back and forth in when I refill water and food, plus it's great for just sitting in front of the open cages and getting all kinds of kisses.   ;D
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
Re: Welcome to Rat Land!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 03:52:46 AM »
You lucky butt Heather! I would die for a set up like that D: How many rats do you have? o_o
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 03:57:20 AM »
I have 13....and yes, it's nice to have all of this for them, but it does wear me out on most days just keeping everything clean and tidy.
"...Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned... ~ Tyler"

Offline Pennytherat

• Posts Too Much!
  • My name is Grace, not Penny! ;)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »
Those lucky rats :P Soon they'll have their own houses. Hehehe. I would imagine it's difficult to clean all that, but it helps that they're so easy to clean, right?
I am ratless. Someday I will own rats again.

Rats across the Bridge: Penny, Heidi, Jerry, Teddy, Lucy, Sophie, Silhouette, Jupiter, Ozy, and Rorschach. I love you all and hope we will someday meet again. :heart:

Offline PnutLuv

• Posts Too Much!
    • SnoozieCubes
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:19:46 AM »
Beautiful!!

I would love to get a 2nd CN. But the only way I'd have room is to kick hubby and his desk out of the office  ;)

I'm tempted to make a wager that when I start making more $$ than him, I get the office just for me, my job and my ratties!

Offline baileyjane

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 04:19:34 PM »
 :o  Wow...that's a LOTTA hammocks! :BlueDumboSmile:  I love your set up; lucky ratties! :thumbsup2:
**Love my boys!**

Offline Scubbs

• Posts Too Much!
  • Pick the adoption option!
    • Chelsey's Cozies
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 05:17:18 PM »
I want pics of the cage opened up!  :P
  <~~ Add Chelsey's Cozies on Facebook!  :)

Offline andie3131

• Posts Too Much!
  • Harley RIP
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 03:35:03 AM »
All I can say Heather is..................... :bow:   he he,  :love2: luv it

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 04:44:37 AM »
I want pics of the cage opened up!  :P

I just cleaned and rearranged everything today, I'll get some pics with doors open for you.   :)

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:12:21 AM »
What is the shelf made out of in the upper right hand corner of the FF?

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2009, 01:20:11 AM »
What is the shelf made out of in the upper right hand corner of the FF?

It's two pieces I bought and zip tied together then sewed a cover for it.  I got them in the bird section, they're an extra shelf for bird cages.  I have some other ones that I made covers for too.  I just slip them on and off so I can clean them.

Offline mandycoot

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 10:11:38 AM »
Awesome set up! Your rats are very lucky to have so much space and fun stuff devoted to them. :)

Offline createwithnikki

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 10:56:56 PM »
So not worthy of your company rat goddess!!!! :bow:

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2009, 02:00:56 AM »
I have a question I have been wanting to know forever I hope you can help me. I have a FN/ and am looking at getting another one very soon, but I seen the FF and was wondering how you think it compares to the FN cage. Is the size difference big between the to? Is it still easy to hang hammocks all over it? Is it as easy to clean and can you separate the 2 levels? So many more questions I cant think of LOL. I guess just let me know your opinion on the. There is a price difference so I was wondering if I should save the money and get the FF or get the FN again. Maybe ever the CN HMMMM I just know I love you set up and someday I will have that lol please let me know thanks Nikki
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2009, 02:33:01 AM »
I hope you don't mind me thread stealing a little! I have had both a FN and a FF and I prefer the FN.  There is a size difference, it is about a 4 rat difference on the cage calculator so that would be 8 cubic square feet less?   The shelves are plasticy and latch on weird as well as much smaller, but they have the holes in them I do like a lot of the time for going up and down.  The middle level is wire, so that is another thing to think about.  I actually really liked its compact size, it still holds a good amount of rats and is a good cage.  I hooked up ferret tubes through a little door in the top and that was tons of  fun!  I do wish both doors opened though. 

*end of thread stealing*
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Heatherama

• Posts Too Much!
  • Empty
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2009, 03:53:34 AM »
FF =  PITA to keep clean, PITA to decorate, floors need to be modified because they're wire, don't like the door latches one bit.

FN = Opposite of all of the above.  I seriously wish I had bought a single level CN or FN instead of the FF.  Buyers remorse....... :-\

Offline Nikki_Lovins-these-RATS

« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2009, 04:03:03 AM »
Thanks both of you! I now have no doubt about it I will stick to FN. I just love that cage. I really cant complain about it at all LOL. Thanks again Nikki
Loving Family members our Rats... Arrow,Cheddar , Remy, Gizmo, Bear-back, and Gracie LOO:) us rat sreally love all our kids and their totally awesome toys they have Millions! Our main mom is when we get our cuddle time, We just love watching her type on GM, we try to catch her fingers LOL:)

Offline JustJenna

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
 :BlueDumboBigEyes:  um . . . I want to go to Rat Land . . .   :BlueDumboBigEyes: