Author Topic: *Gorgeous Baby Rats! Possible Smeezers!* New England/NY  (Read 966 times)

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
*Gorgeous Baby Rats! Possible Smeezers!* New England/NY
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:33:52 PM »
On May 15th MRR received a call from Lori who had adopted a female rat from a pet store just two days before.  The young rat looked rather plump.  Sure enough she saw the belly moving the next day!   Lori wanted to keep mama and babies with her so she could continue bonding with her new rat and raise the babies.  She needed advice on how to care for the upcoming litter and help finding homes for them when they were weaned.  Lori signed on to become an MRR foster home!  Two days later on May 17th, a litter of seven beautiful healthy eepers arrived.  These precious babies will be available for adoption on Father’s Day weekend (June 20th/21st).  They are currently being fostered in Milo, Maine (near Bangor) but transportation is available to get them to the southern part of the State and beyond, if needed.

Mama Ginger is a gorgeous Himalayan who is reportedly very sweet and calm.  She is an excellent mother.  Lori and her daughter have been doing an exceptional job raising the babies.  They get handled every day so will be very well socialized ratlets.

Here is the latest updates and pictures!

June 4th - Update from Fo-Mom Lori!

“I’d like to be able to write stories on individual personalities on all there little ones, but truth be told right now they all are just so sweet! They all give kisses and clean your hands… like licking milk off your fingers and taking naps on you.  Of course, they are very inquisitive and like to go up your sleeves and spend time on your shoulder curled up in your collar or playing in your hair.  I’ve been holding them every day since birth and so they are not at all hand shy…  In fact when they notice my hand in the cage they now come to me and will happily climb on up.  They love munching on kitten chow and are now starting to drink water from the bottle.  These little guys were unexpected as they were born only four days after i purchased their mother… but have been a real joy to have around!  It’s like being in love!  My house gets kinda noisy sometimes as I have teenagers, dogs, cats and birds… none of which seems to bother them at all.  I just know they’re going to be such a blessing for anyone who is interested in giving them their forever home!”

06-08-09 Lori reports that the boys are little love bugs, very licky and sweet!

Go here for more information:
http://mainelyratrescue.org/rattieblog2/?p=287

Transport is available from Maine to Rochester June 25th. If you are interested in these rats please email Robin mrr.robin@gmail.com. Transport can usually be arranged throughout New England. Thanks for looking!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:02:26 AM by ferretluver11697 »

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
    • Mainely Rat Rescue, Inc.
Re: *Gorgeous Baby Rats!* New England/NY
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 09:31:38 AM »
Update:  We are beginning to think that we have some Siamese or marked Siamese?? in this litter.  What we thought were originally beige now appear to have shaded markings...  Smeezers?? 

Here are some pictures of these boys from above at 2 weeks old!  You can see nose points.  Notice even the hooded boy's stripe is darker.  Foster Mom says they are lighter with "grayish" ears, then they get darker as they get towards the tail.  ???

Here is Mom who looks Himalayan but we have no idea who dad was.

Adoption and Foster Care Coordinator
mmrr.robin@gmail.com

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *Gorgeous Baby Rats!* New England/NY
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 09:34:07 AM »
The three girls are all spoken for, so we have two pairs of boys available.  I am making a trip to Portsmouth, NH on Sunday, June 21st and can transport babies to any approved adopters.

mmrr.robin@gmail.com

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
Re: *Gorgeous Baby Rats! Possible Smeezers!* New England/NY
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 02:34:47 PM »
Bump!

Offline tmllsc

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 04:08:03 PM »
Do you have any male rats available? I am seeking at least one as a companion for my male. I can give details about my current rats and the care I provide for them. Thanks!

Offline MomRushlau

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 07:36:52 PM »
OH YES!  LOTS of wonderful rats available of all ages, sizes, colors, etc.\

Where are you located?
mmrr.robin@gmail.com