Author Topic: 4 Girls need homes (NY, NJ, CT) Now to CL  (Read 1765 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
4 Girls need homes (NY, NJ, CT) Now to CL
« on: June 22, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »
I've been quite unsuccessful in finding new homes for my four girls, Lenore, Lilith, Lola and Pearl. If I don't find a home for them in the next few weeks, I'll be forced to post and Ad on Craigslist. 3 are sisters, and I'm willing to seperate them into pairs. They come with bedding, food, toys but not the cage.
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
Re: 4 Girls need homes (NY, NJ, CT) Now to CL
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 12:46:31 PM »
*bump* I really don't want my girls to end up as snake food.
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Emymoo

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:07:27 PM »
I'm not in the area, but here is a list of rat rescues in the US. There are a few in the NJ area. If you can't find them a home, see if the rescue will take them on and find them a home :) It'd be better than Craigslisting them.

Here is the contact info of another rescue in the NJ/Tristate area:

Ratta Muffin Reskue

PO Box 17 Browns Mills, NJ 08015
Phone: 609-283-0293

Email: ratgurrrlz@yahoo.com

Good luck! :)
The dogs: Sara and Lola. The kitties: Emy and Molly
Rest in peace my sweeties
 Bella, Riley, Fuzz, Juno and Frederick <3

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 01:50:48 PM »
I'm still looking for a family for them, but it seems that the economy is taking a toll on how many rats someone can take in or something :poke:! If you price high on CL and negotiate price after asking questions that can work better. It's not a guarantee they'll end up as snake food if posted on CL. Though it's not favorable, sometimes it's what has to be done. I'll still keep an eye out!

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »
I'm still looking for a family for them, but it seems that the economy is taking a toll on how many rats someone can take in or something :poke:! If you price high on CL and negotiate price after asking questions that can work better. It's not a guarantee they'll end up as snake food if posted on CL. Though it's not favorable, sometimes it's what has to be done. I'll still keep an eye out!

Thanks! I've decided which two will go together. Lilith and Pearl will go together and Lola and Lenore will go together. This is because Lilith and Pearl are the most social and could easily go to someone without worrying an ounce about socialization. Lenore and Lola are sweet as heck, but they don't like to be taken out. However, with a little bit of treats, that can be easily changed! None of them have ever bitten and are not food aggressive.

Offline ferretluver11697

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
Bump! Sending you a PM DracheDame!!

Offline Raquel

• Donor
    • The New York City Rat Meetup Group
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2009, 01:36:29 PM »
CaitlynRae:  Ratta Muffin closed, but thank you for the list of rescues! Kim's Ark also closed.

DracheDame:  Your ratty pictures are great! I invited you to two rat meetup groups in the area:

http://www.meetup.com/Upper-Hudson-Valley-Critter-Meetup/
http://www.meetup.com/New-York-Rat-Group/

Both have message boards and mailing lists for you to post your rats. Please join us! Regardless of membership, you may feel free to email our Rescue Placement and Transport Coordinator, Karen Borga, karenborga@yahoo.com, for help. She may know of people wanting pet rats. She has a screening questionnaire that you may use, too (to avoid snakes). Tell her I referred you.

Please be a patient a little longer. Thank you! Raquel
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:07:42 PM by Raquel »

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2009, 03:04:54 AM »
I actually found them a home in Knoxville, TN a 2 hour drive from where I'll be attending school, so it ends up working out. Thank you to everyone who read this and offered help. :)