Author Topic: 4 cuties need homes in SW VA  (Read 2715 times)

Offline Finners

• Finnvarra Rattery
4 cuties need homes in SW VA
« on: June 22, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
I have 4 very adorable 6.5 week old kittens that  are just about ready for new homes.  They were part of one of our recent humane association raids and taken from a trailer containing more than 40 adult cats and 3 other litters. they were found in a washing machine, but mom was nowhere to be found, so I got them.  Sadly I lost their littlest brother last week [always very sickly, didn't respond well to meds or extra love :(] but everyone else has checked out okay.  I've had them for nearly 4 weeks now and we are litter trained, eating hard kibble, rowdy, and ready to give someone love. 

3 are females, all buff [two mackerel tabbies, one kinda mottled? just stripes on her legs, maybe a classic tabby], and one is a dilute grey tabby male.  The boy may fade out to a more solid grey, right now he rather resembles a russian blue cat with darker stripes.  All are medium-haired and dewormed, but not quite big enough for their shots.  I'll be weighing and trying to test for FIV/Feline Leukemia at the end of this week.

The girls are Gain, Cheer, and Wisk; the boy is Surf.  I thought that the names fit well as they were found in a washer, and Gain is pretty darn plump.  They are active and playful- I try to keep them at cat toys instead of people objects, but it's hard not to tease them with pens.  None have shown aggression towards people or other animals, in fact, they love dogs [we have a big lab mix that they adore] and are curious of other cats [even though ours aren't curious about them one bit].  They aren't so hot on the rodents, more a fear than a chewing fixation, but they got unfriendly nibbles when they tried to stick paws into cages to say hello and I don't blame them.  They LOVE being with people and seem to prefer rooms that are occupied rather than empty, albeit often underfoot.  Gain and Surf have been sleeping in bed with me instead of with the other girls, so be prepared for mighty lovers.  They also are phenomenal climbers- furniture, baby gates, etc are no match for their abilities, even with trimmed nails.  I am trying to train them off of tables and laps when people food is around because someone got obnoxious and tried to devour the mac n' cheese last week... since then it's been crazy trying to keep them out of cheese flavored foods [word spread fast and it went from one kitten to all of them begging and climbing at once to get at cheesy poofs, mac n' cheese, cheesy crackers, and even the cheese on my enchiladas. Maybe I should rename them after cheeses...]

I'd like to keep them for about another week or so, get them a first round of shots if they are big enough and make sure that everybody is healthy enough to get new homes.  They still need lots of attention and would probably do best in a home where they would get it pretty much 24/7, whether from other animals or people.  I haven't let them meet children yet, so they'd have to be given a test drive with small hands first.

Offline Stardust

• Ritten
Re: 4 cuties need homes in SW VA
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2010, 08:51:05 PM »
Hi,just wondering if you still had the kitties and where you are located??

Offline Finners

• Finnvarra Rattery
Re: 4 cuties need homes in SW VA
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:26 PM »
Unfortunately, those kiddos all found homes but I work at a clinic and we always have kittens available if you are looking for one to adopt.  I'm in Blacksburg, VA.