Author Topic: # to a cage ?  (Read 930 times)

Offline Elyse

# to a cage ?
« on: July 27, 2009, 10:18:15 AM »
Ok I have a 680 with two smaller girls in it. One looks nearly dwarf, but both are small females.

I kinda think three would be too many to put in the 680 even though they are small girls. I am fighting hairless fever, but want to do what is best for the others.

I think it would be pushing, if not going over, the cage limit if I added another small girl. What say you?
Elyse

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
Re: # to a cage ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 10:51:46 AM »
Well, I actually think their activity levels count more for how many per cage than their size.   ;)  That being said, I would put three girls in a 680, but not my three most active girls!  I had three lazy boys in the 680 for awhile and they did fine. 
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline Elyse

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 11:31:08 AM »
hm.ok... what about the level of waste three would put off vs two. Would it be so much more noticeable smell wise? I change their liners every other day.
Elyse

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »
Well, that may actually be noticeable with a small group like yours, but since you change the liners so often, it shouldn't be a *huge* change.  You could always buy a bigger cage for the girls and save the 680 for QT and intros if it is a concern for  you.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.