Author Topic: **URGENT** 4 girls need homes in the NY/NY/CT/PA Area! Help!  (Read 4131 times)

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
  • Fur, and Scales, and Scorpion Tails.
**URGENT** 4 girls need homes in the NY/NY/CT/PA Area! Help!
« on: August 01, 2009, 12:57:28 AM »
Hello, I have been desperately trying to re-home my 4 sweet rattie girls for months now, and the two homes that I had found have now completely fallen through. I move in 19 days and my girls NEED a home before then. Please, if you can find it in the kindness of your heart to offer up your home to 2 or 4 sweethearts, then God bless! They are all under a year and extremely healthy and active. They eat a diet of Native Earth 4018 and live in a single-story critter nation on fleece. They are litter trained with Yesterday's News. They love to get petted and give kisses. Please help! I am located in Westchester, NY but I'm willing to travel up to 2 hours each way.

This is Black Pearl. She's a dumbo black berk and she's the sweetest of the bunch. She loves to come out and romp on the bed, and enjoys giving kisses everywhere

This is Lilith or Lily. She is an agouti hooded and she is a shoulder rat! Once she's out of the cage, she's happy to sit on your shoulder and groom herself.

This is Lenore. She doesn't like to be picked up, but will happily play with you inside the cage! She comes running when the door is opened, and she loves licking babyfood off my fingers.

This is Lola. She doesn't like to be picked up either, but she loves getting scritches and treats and is always one of the first to investigate any hand that comes into the cage. She takes food gently and is a total love bug.

Please help my girls!
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline coliekumar

• Posts Too Much!
Re: **URGENT** 4 girls need homes in the NY/NY/CT/PA Area! Help!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 01:34:22 AM »
I am not personally close enough, but would you be willing to get them into a foster home if no adoptions go through?  That might help secure them in a good home before you move.
Two girls have arrived :) Names coming soon.

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 02:19:28 AM »
Yes, I'd be willing to put them into one or two foster homes. If I do need to split them, I already know which two would go together. Lilith and Pearl would go together and Lola and Lenore would go together. This is based on personality and their interactions. Also which two do best together.
Some people think the best way to protect animal life is to make scientists fear for theirs. Support the Foundation for Biomedical Research.

Offline Raquel

• Donor
    • The New York City Rat Meetup Group
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:00:04 AM »
We may be able to help with a rattie train, NJ included.

Raquel
Karen Borga, karenborga@yahoo.com, Rescue Placement and Transport Coordinator for NYC rat meetup

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 05:10:05 PM »
*Bump* These sweet girls still need a home!

Offline Raquel

• Donor
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »
DracheDame,

If you were lucky enough to be offered a foster home for the 4 together, you might do well to accept, because, with your deadline, continuing to look for homes and not finding them might lead to wanting the fosters later and my experience has been that the opportunity did not wait for me, but was taken by someone else.

Raquel

Offline nellorat

• Ritten
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:32:15 PM »
Four is too many, but we want to adopt two--is it too selfish to ask to adopt the two who like to be held? We are experienced rat lovers in Yonkers, and we promise the very best care. Please e-mail us at kjm@panix.com.

Offline JuliesZoo74

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:38:39 PM »
I hope you find a good home for little Pearl.

Offline JessForAllAnimals

• Ritten
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 09:41:00 PM »
Hi DracheDame!

I just sent you an email, I believe, I hope it went through.  I want to help you and especially your girls out!  I can take all of them, no problem!  Your ratties are beautiful babies!  I just joined an adoption email list, and I saw your link to this pet portal.  I sent you an email back, but thought I should join this website too, just in case that email didn't work. 

I am not particular who comes to live with me, I love all rats and I just want to help out some rattie souls and give them a good, loving home.  Since they are so social, I require two or more, and I hope I can take all of your rattie friends so they don't have to be separated!  I am in Massachusetts, and am willing to travel one or two hours to meet you.

I have much experience with rats from my youth—my best friend was a rat named Cloudy, and I miss her very much—she died in my arms of old age.  Since then, I have been unable to have rat companions since much of my family is allergic, but now I have an apartment.  Weekdays I will be commuting via train away to a nearby college from around seven in the morning to twelve or three in the afternoon, depending on the day--so let me know if this will be a problem for the rats and their personalities!  Other than that I have plenty of free time to devote to the loving ratties.  Also, I plan on maybe later taking in a few other rats too.  I have a large apartment and ample time/money, and I am experienced with rats--I know I won't be overextending myself.  I also have very rat experienced sitters in the family who would think it heaven to help me out on occasion. 

Lastly, I can pick up any of the girls two weekends from now, on the 22nd or the 23rd if I can find an interim sitter when I have surgery, if not, then I'm not sure if I'll be any help since I won't be recovered until September.  Jeez this is complicated!  Hopefully a relative will agree to be a sitter if you need help before August.  I am having two different surgeries soon, and some preparation is necessary.  Actually, because your plea is urgent, that might be too far into the future.  I will know tomorrow whether my mom (a huge rat lover too) can help me out with the rat sitting until September.  If so, then I can get the rats sooner, on Monday of next week.  I hope this works out, and I'll let you know.  Send me an email back or call my cell phone if this will work for you and any or hopefully all of the girls! I really hope I am not too far away or am offering a bad time!  Let me know!  Hope I can help!

--Jessica Wiggin
1-774-277-1790
jwiggin@student.framingham.edu
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 12:00:59 AM by JessForAllAnimals »

Offline Raquel

• Donor
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 05:24:20 AM »
If travel information is needed, there is public transportation from New York City into Connecticut that allows rats in carriers, Metro North. Then CT to MA, we may be able to get rat transport help from Anne A. Please let me know if you need this rattie train. Our Rescue Placement and Transport Coordinator is Karen Borga, karenborga@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Raquel
raquel.cintron@gmail.com

• Ritten
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 10:09:24 AM »
Wow--I am astounded and pleased by these many networks of support for rats!  I just need to ask my mother to help watch any rattie friends-to-be during my surgeries--I will be fully recovered and back in the apartment on September 1st, and then they can be there with me permanently.  Is there anyone in your rat rescue group in Connecticut who can look after them until then if my mom can't?  I know they need their home urgently, and I want to work something out!  After these surgeries it will be no problem for me.  Let me know if anything can be found!
~~Jessica Wiggin

Offline Raquel

• Donor
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 10:19:24 AM »
Jessica, let's see what your mother says, because getting fosters is a new search. We are not a rescue. We network. We find and connect. You might kindly ask Mainely Rats Rescue if they have room. Without your email address I cannot connect you to Karen Borga because she is not in goosemoose. Thank you, raquel.cintron@gmail.com

• Ritten
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 11:00:27 AM »

Hi Raquel and DrachDame. 

To my devastation, the people from whom I am borrowing my apartment just told me they changed their mind about my ability to have rats.  They have problems with anxiety, and though irrational, they just can't support my adoption aspirations.  I had their word, but they've changed their mind. 

I was in the middle of coordinating a solution when I found out.  I am so sorry everyone!   :-[

I wish you luck with finding homes for the sweet girls.   

~~Jess

Offline ⚡⚡DrachenDame⚡⚡

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 03:16:41 PM »
I have a home for my babies, and I'll be taking them to NJ tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your help!

Offline Lolaismyalias

• umes
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 11:43:44 AM »
How old are they?
Kai~Daffodil~Ixlit
RIP*Ume and Aiko

Offline Dearpie

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • When you're too open minded, brains fall out!
    • Dearpie Hammocks
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 12:10:33 PM »
Lola, the girls found a home a few days ago.