Author Topic: My Homemade playpen *pic heavy*  (Read 8078 times)

Offline Lea

• Pardon me, do you have any graymatter poupon?
Re: My Homemade playpen *pic heavy*
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 10:13:01 PM »
Just today I got a huge box from work that someone in the computer dept had put out in the recycle area.  It has a 3.5' X 4' base and the walls are about 2.5' high.  The box is made with separate walls and base so it can be folded up when not in use.  Perfect! They are playing in it right now.   :thumbsup2:

Offline kferber

• íLas Quiero a Ratas!
    • Pictures of My Ratties
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »
It's funny, she's the smallest, but she's the one who picks on everyone else...

That's funny....my littlest girl, Scout, makes my big fatty manrat, Emile, squeak like a girl!  :BlueDumboSmile:
Mama of  Albany, Brooklyn, tobyRat, and Corbin :)

Gone but not forgotten: Maggie, Zoe  :heart: , Scout,  Remy and Emile

Offline Candi

« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2009, 03:54:42 PM »
Nice playpen! :) I made one from Coroplast (Correx) it's big enough for me to get it too so my girls can jump all over Mummy  :yelcutelaugh:

Offline bipolarwreck

• PnM (my friend and mine's site)
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2009, 03:57:14 PM »
thanks thanks and thanks

im not exactly comfortable in hardware stores  :yelcutelaugh: i feel a bit better about asking them now

and ill def get some sandpaper

if i had any ability with carpentry at all, id make a big ol' hinged one that i could fold up and put away, but this seems like def the next best thing!

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »
Hey smesyna, can you fit in your playpen? Like, if you were to sit down in it to play with them, would it be comfortable/could you stretch your legs a little bit at least or would you feel cramped?

I'm debating whether or not I want to use 6 boards or 4 for mine, and I'd like to have a pen that I could sit in comfortably and watch TV with them or something.

I'm a bit on the small side at 5'4", but I fit in nicely and my legs don't touch the sides.  If you're especially tall and don't want to tuck your legs in it might be more comfortable to use six.  You could always use string to "draw" what 4x4' box's size would be and sit in it to check.

Offline Stacy M

• Posts Too Much!
  • Missy always in my <3
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 07:46:27 PM »
Nice playpen! :) I made one from Coroplast (Correx) it's big enough for me to get it too so my girls can jump all over Mummy  :yelcutelaugh:

Holy cow yours must be huge! lol  Really nice, I especially love the windows.

Offline HopLikePopcorn

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2009, 01:31:11 PM »
Hey smesyna, can you fit in your playpen? Like, if you were to sit down in it to play with them, would it be comfortable/could you stretch your legs a little bit at least or would you feel cramped?

I'm debating whether or not I want to use 6 boards or 4 for mine, and I'd like to have a pen that I could sit in comfortably and watch TV with them or something.

I'm a bit on the small side at 5'4", but I fit in nicely and my legs don't touch the sides.  If you're especially tall and don't want to tuck your legs in it might be more comfortable to use six.  You could always use string to "draw" what 4x4' box's size would be and sit in it to check.

Awesome! I'm a teeny girl (barely 5'2") so I should be fine. Still gonna use 6 or so, though, since I like my idea for a transforming playpen! Will post pics once I get it set up, but that won't be for a whiiiiillle.....
Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline bipolarwreck

• PnM (my friend and mine's site)
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »
i am ANNOYED!!   :(

i went to home depot today to get the wood to make my playpen, it was reasonably priced, about $10, the guy cut it for me, and when i asked him if he could cut the notch things for me, he rolled his eyes and said "uh, no?" and WALKED AWAY! i had asked him perfectly politely, he could have answered me politely. so aggravating, the lack of customer service. im not so much annoyed that he wouldnt do it, just with the way he responded.

anyway, ive got my wood, and i asked my dad if hed help me with the notches, he had noooo idea what i was talking about, so i asked my brother, and he said hed be glad to help  ;D cant wait to get it built! i get my girls 3 weeks from today!!

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 05:59:02 PM »
i have a Wall-E blanket toooooooo  ;D :yelcutelaugh: :yelcutelaugh: :yelcutelaugh:
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

Offline Charade

« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2009, 07:34:55 AM »
You guys made some great playpens. I'm going to run this idea over with Hubby, he's going to love building one for them. He's been itching to make them something "cool" since we got them lol.