Author Topic: .. UGH ... how could some one do this?*NEWWWPICCCS!*  (Read 4444 times)

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
.. UGH ... how could some one do this?*NEWWWPICCCS!*
« on: September 27, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »
So, we drove and hour away to meet some one from Jersey with 3 boy rats she couldn't keep anymore.  While we were waiting to get going to go pick up a 4th ratty today, my friend calls and says, "Hey, do you want a kitten? Some one THREW IT OUT THE CAR WINDOW by my house."

So ... we rushed over ... and this kitten is a sweety ... He doesn't want to be put down.  As soon as you put him down he cries about it.   He was sooo infested with fleas that he's pretty anemic.     He slept the entire hour ride home, just to have to endour a dishsoap flea bath.  He is now part of our house ... no more flying for him ....
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 11:16:32 AM by JesB »

Offline Schrute

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
  • We create our own horror; animals have no choice.
Re: .. UGH ... how could some one do this?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 09:19:48 PM »
Sadly, I am not surprised. I am surprised, however, that he has such a love of people... this is with me being under the assumption that he couldn't have been treated so well, given his condition and the fact that he was thrown out a car window. It's probably because he's scared, but at least he knows he can trust you! At least he has a good home now.

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 09:53:18 PM »
 >:( :doh: I really cannot stand people. Someone needs to throw them out of a window doing a high rate of speed. for real.

Im glad he has a good home now, maybe some pictures  :poke: :poke: :poke:
RIP Mr. Squishy, Coraline & Gaz :( Play hard, Mommy misses you.

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »
That happened to me. That's how I got my cat. On the 118 west. He was a little banged up but he doesn't like anybody. 5 years later
I'm a bit afraid to pet him. I've been clawed a lot.  But when necessary I've been able to handle him.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 10:54:30 PM »
I have 3 so far ... sorry ... they're from my cell phone

..car ride home...

two baths + no more fleas + cuddles = PRICELESS!!

Nice humans to cuddle!!

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 11:29:31 PM »
 :hyper: :shocked2: what a cutie!!

I wonder why people resort to throwing them out of cars or leaving them on the sides of roads as opposed to finding them homes, or taking them to a no kill shelter

Offline DebsRats

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 11:33:00 PM »
He is so cute. I love the orange tabby. :thumbsup2:

Offline Kati33

• Posts Too Much!
  • Howdy!
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 11:36:53 PM »
I wonder why people resort to throwing them out of cars or leaving them on the sides of roads as opposed to finding them homes, or taking them to a no kill shelter

Or even a kill shelter- better to be euthanized humanely than to be hit by a car or starve to death, or get eaten by a predator.

Good for taking the little thing in!
Kati33
Watusi, Charolais, Orca, Puffin, Sloth and Sifaka the Rats
Some dogs, reptiles and a husband...
Past Rats: Jag, Otter, Wolf, Frog, Bear, Moose, Emu as in Komodo Dragon, Squirrel, Turtle, Elephant, Ox, Opossum, Octopus, Okapi, Cassowary, Goose, Squid, Coati, Flamingo, Zebu, Bo(vine)

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 11:41:27 PM »

Or even a kill shelter- better to be euthanized humanely than to be hit by a car or starve to death, or get eaten by a predator.

Good for taking the little thing in!

agreed. I think people just think they'll be thought of negatively if they take their pets to a shelter, where they'll be able to find themselves a good home, and really if nothing else at least they have a roof over their heads and food and water every day! I'd rather see them being taken to a shelter then kicked, thrown, left outside to fend for themselves!

Offline DazzleMe

• Global Moderator
  • Posts Too Much!
  • Show Up For Life
    • Dazzle Me Rattery
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2009, 11:54:22 PM »
Aww what a wee little thing! :heart:
-Melina & Crew

Offline AnnieB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 01:31:51 AM »
I just can't fathom people either, honestly...  What goes through someone's actual thoughts right before they DO something like that.. Ok.. here's the kitty.. in the car... driving along... roll down the window.. *toss the cat*!  :help:

That's just not normal.. not in any way shape or form...   

We have only occasionally had people drop off animals here on our smallholding (where we speuter then let them hang out in the horse barn)... I really wish we could have some indoor moggies but Husbandguy isn't too fond of indoor kitties, sadly :(  But at least they're happy and safe and fed and loved here...

People suck.. cute kitty btw, JesB.  I love red tabbies!

Offline HopLikePopcorn

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 02:04:39 AM »
I got my kitty as a six-week old from a homeless woman's trash bag on the bus.

It was early in the morning and I was wearing headphones on my way to class. Disheveled, strongly smelling lady carrying two big (full) trashbags  comes on the bus and she's the only other passenger, but there's some issue with her fare and she's arguing with the driver, yelling loud enough that I can hear her. All of a sudden, the driver pulls over to make her get off, apologizing to me in the process, but she pushes her way past him and out the back door before he can make her leave, abandoning her bags.  The driver bends down to toss them out the door, but then he suddenly reels back and cries out. There's a big puff of ammonia scent and I look into the bag, seeing what looks like a pile of fake fur rags until suddenly I realize it's a pile of dead kittens.  :-[

Yeah, that was a shock.

The driver and I quickly realize that there are three dead kittens (like long dead) on a pile of filthy, crusty clothes and old tins of cat food. I steel myself and open the other bag, hoping that there aren't more dead cats, and low and behold, there's one tiny, dirty, flea-covered little orange tabby male on top of some more rancid clothes, and he's alive, but just barely. I called the SPCA in shock and scrabbled some money together but they were amazing and brushed it aside (I left it in their donation box anyway). They fixed up the little guy pretty quick, since he was only really dehydrated and anemic from fleas, and sent him home already neutered on top of it all.

He's now known as Tom Sawyer, more commonly just Tom, and now he's butter-fat and twice as silky, happy and spoiled rotten. He yowls for attention, having been pampered from the day he came home, and he expects only the best. We had to adopt another kitten from the SPCA a few months later because he's indoor-only (of course) and needed a playmate. (And she's a darling little angel and the light of my girlfriend's life, but that's another story).

He's a jerk, a pain and a complete a-hole but of course, he's like a son to me and I love him to death. Happy endings, y'know. I hope yours turns out just like mine, because he certainly looks the same! Thanks for taking him in and proving humanity isn't all hard-hearted. :heart:
Owned by:
4 Velveteen Dumbo Rats (Mercutio, Iago, Titus and Edgar)
1 Pomeranian (Keeper)
2 DSH cats (Tom and Tillie)
3 White's Tree Frogs (Miss Octavia Tickletummy and her cohorts)
2 D. Leucomela poison dart frogs (Darwin and Mendel)
1 Blue Tongue Skink (Steve Irwin)

Offline DragonTamer

• Posts Too Much!
  • Spider Lovin'
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 08:14:57 AM »
I watched as a kid as someone threw a little black puppy out of their truck window at full speed while driving by my grandmother's house (which is next to a SMALL park).  That puppy ran FAST after the truck but I'm sure didn't catch up.  Never knew what happened to it but I'm sure bad.  A few weeks later a dead kitten was found at the same area.  This park is next to a major road, and it's TINY.  I don't know what posesses people to do what they do.  Lately I keep finding discarded, REALLY nasty looking and caked with gunk cages in the dumpster where I live and I freak out every time thinking something barely alive will be in one.  So far haven't seen anything move yet.   

Offline ejp78

• ~A bunny cuddle a day keeps the bad moods away!~
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »
 >:(  Makes me SO mad to hear stories like that!  This is why I'm willing to take 4 hour drives to re-home animals, because I can't bear to see animals being treated so cruelly.  If they didn't want the kitten all they had to do was take it to a shelter or just advertise a free kitten.  *sigh* Unfortunately you begin to realize there is very little you can do about it.  People will continue to do this stuff to animals despite the efforts of humane societies and animal-loving people.
~Always imagine.~

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 05:13:55 PM »
.. Last week, I almost made an 8 hour (one way) trip to pick up 3 sick rats from Ohio ... Luckily, they found a rescue only 45 minute away who could pick them up a day before I could.

ANYWAYS ... Ginger is doing great ... He has a black and white skull and cross bones collar, and my little girl kitty is in love with him (she's tooo young to have a heat yet, as they are both roughly 12 weeks old).  He is now a perminant fixture in our house and loves his night time snuggles.

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 05:21:46 PM »
that's exciting to hear how well he's doing despite what he's been through, but at least he's young enough and hopefully hasnt been through THAT much so he can move on and forget what a terrible past he's had, and im sure with being so loved now those bad memories will be long gone!

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 11:10:25 PM »
Heh ... actually ... he was sleeping ... and fell right off the bed ... got right back up, alll purrrs and went right back to sleep.   :BlueDumboSmileTongue:

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
Re: .. UGH ... how could some one do this?*picsnow!*
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »
annnnd ... here's Gingerface!!!!

Ikitty!!

Look at my preettty eyes!!

Annd ... he's a great boy ... Even lets the orphaned babies crawl over while he sleeps!

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 05:03:21 PM »
 :shocked2: :shocked2: :shocked2: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww  :heart:

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
heh

Offline GeeseHoward

• Ritten
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 12:50:22 PM »
This is a crazy story, i can't believe that someone could be so callous as to throw a living adolescent creature out of the window of a moving vehicle.  I hear stories like this and am amazed that people can do this type of thing.

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 11:26:52 PM »
Yea ... he's not even a bad kitty ....   he uses the litter box   he cuddles all night long ....    purrrs ... lets the babybaby kitties snuggle up to him.  Hims is a good kitty !!

Offline Heather

• Donor
  • Posts Too Much!
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 11:40:02 AM »
He reminds me of my red tabby boy. Trevor LOOOOVES baby kittens. :heart:

Offline krazycatlady

• Posts Too Much!
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 11:43:00 AM »
i just cant believe someone would throw him out. he is adorable as well as sweet.

some people just shouldn't be allowed to live if they can do that to an innocent animal  >:(

Offline Padre

« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:08 AM »
People like this need to go to jail, I'm serious.  It's sick humans who make the rest of our society look so horribly twisted and messed up at times.

I encourage anybody who witnesses this to get a license number capture and hold the pet and I actually don't believe in kill shelters...call me a radical, but I work in human medicine and I don't believe in shelters that put animals down and it sure isn't the anuimals faults.

Because I know a lot of cops from 20 years in emergency medicine, 10 of them spent as a critical care paramedic on the road...I know a lot of these guys know the value of a pet and are dog or cat owners or otherwise...and the courts may let people off sometimes for actually killing an animal as an item of property before they will over negligence and cruelty...and the cops will not, especially if he or she owns an animal.  this warrants a poll since I'm new to this forum...I want to know where people stand here on some issues.  Look for it in the cat pages.  D

Offline JesB

• Posts Too Much!
Re: .. UGH ... how could some one do this?*NEWWWPICCCS!*
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2009, 11:19:09 AM »
Ginger has settled in nicely ...   I've been busy bottle raising 4 more ... but I finnnaly got around to getting some updated pictures up!!

Here you gooo!!

I'm cute ... fuzzy ... and I'll flop over and sleep ANYWHERE!!

This is Lydia ... she's my girlfraaaan!

This is Talia .. she's my much OLDER girrlfraan ... peease don't tell Lyds ...

Thats it for now ... I have the next 2 days off ... so I intend on getting great shots of everrryone!