Author Topic: 3-4 year old Chihuahua in Conneaut, Ohio needs a new home.  (Read 4325 times)

Offline KarinasMommy

3-4 year old Chihuahua in Conneaut, Ohio needs a new home.
« on: October 06, 2009, 08:25:20 PM »
Hi, I have a female Chihuahua named Kally that I need to find a home for. I am not sure on her age. She isn't over 4 years old though, I'm sure. She does have a small bald patch on her shoulder, I'm not sure what happened she had it when I got her and the lady didn't seem to know much. It has never bothered her or anything, its just a small bald spot. She is a real sweetheart. She LOVES to cuddle and be held, she is the true "lap dog". She is house broke and potty pad trained for when we have the occasional long day out and aren't home to let her out. She gets along GREAT with my two other dogs and cat. I also have birds and pet rats. She don't bother any of them. I have a kennal for my bigger dog for when we aren't home and Kally loves to get in it any chance she gets, so that is an option if you need it. The only reason I am looking for a new home for her is because I have too many pets and I seriously need to downsize. I am requesting an adoption fee of $100 for her to insure she will be going to a loving, caring home. If you have any questions or are interested please reply. I would also be willing to travel a bit if necessary. I do have a picture of her but having a hard time figuring out how to insert it on here or the photo gallery. I can email it to you if you would like to see her.

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
Re: 3-4 year old Chihuahua in Conneaut, Ohio needs a new home.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »
Is the bald spot about where she would of gotten her shots at? We had a Chihuahua that had the same thing happen to her!  I would LOVE to have her as we are Chihuahua freaks, but darn it we are to far away!
~~Shelli~~
Wife to Chris, Mom to our 2 girls & Zoo keeper:
4 dogs (Standard Poodle, Redtick hound, Boston Terrier & Chihuahua)
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline KarinasMommy

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »
I'm not quite sure, that may be it, but I did get an email from someone and this is what he said about it: "My Chi girl has one, It's just where they have blue in the back ground and blue in Chihuahuas is linked alpecia (hair loss) nothing major it will not be passed to others, It's safe" Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I am willing to travel a little ways if necessary.

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 09:49:23 PM »
My Chi was a fawn, both her parents were fawns! We are in southern VA
~~Shelli~~
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline twenjen70

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 10:35:32 PM »
I'm not quite sure, that may be it, but I did get an email from someone and this is what he said about it: "My Chi girl has one, It's just where they have blue in the back ground and blue in Chihuahuas is linked alpecia (hair loss) nothing major it will not be passed to others, It's safe" Where are you located if you don't mind me asking? I am willing to travel a little ways if necessary.

If this is alopecia it IS genetic and the dog can lose ALL of its hair. Shelli I know you are not wanting the dog to breed but just thought you would like to know about it. Alopecia is linked to dilute colors such as fawn and blue but can occur in any color if the genetics are behind the dog in question. Just a friendly Fyi here :)

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 06:50:02 AM »
Thanks Jen, and you are right, I wouldnt breed a dog, we have only rescues and I sure miss our Peanut Butter! We have a "chihuahua" now, I am convinced he is mixed with Rat Terrier but the SPCA doesnt agree (we adopted him)
~~Shelli~~
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats

Offline KarinasMommy

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 07:55:56 AM »
We just recently gotten her checked out and spayed and the vet said it appears she had gotten hurt when she was a puppy, or at least way before we got her, and it is just where an injury was and he said the hair just won't grow in that area because of whatever happened to her.

Offline Mommy4syd

• Shelli
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:02:51 AM »
We just recently gotten her checked out and spayed and the vet said it appears she had gotten hurt when she was a puppy, or at least way before we got her, and it is just where an injury was and he said the hair just won't grow in that area because of whatever happened to her.

I would sooo take her if she was closer to me! I just adore them, they are not loved by everyone and then some think that they are toys/accessories and eww that burns me up!
~~Shelli~~
1 cat
fish
& now 2 rats